Solar eclipse shots

Anil kumar

solareclipse_anil.jpg

Compilation of Annular Solar eclipse sequence from Bengaluru shot on 15 Jan 2010.
Equipment used: Panasonic PVGS 180 camcorder with solar filter.​

Regards,
Anil

Hi,

Good to see you back in action :) !!

I know that you've used your telescope to capture it,but it'll be beneficial for if you'd scribble a few words on the same,and also if possible post each pic separately is some good size !!

Regards.

solareclipse_anil.jpg

Compilation of Annular Solar eclipse sequence from Bengaluru shot on 15 Jan 2010.
Equipment used: Panasonic PVGS 180 camcorder with solar filter.​

Regards,
Anil

At the first glance, I mistook it for Docomo ad.:)

Thanks for the nice pix.

Warm Regds / Shailender

Thanks for the feedback.
Kamal & Sreekanth: Video resolution is only 640 by 480, big ones look really bad with lot of pixcellation. I have not used my telescope to capture the sun as it requires a BIG mylar solar filter, costs $160 :sad: Anyways here is a BIG SLR shot taken by my friend at Ramesharam.

AnnularSolarEclipse_sequence2010.jpg

Regards,
Anil

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback.
Kamal & Sreekanth: Video resolution is only 640 by 480, big ones look really bad with lot of pixcellation. I have not used my telescope to capture the sun as it requires a BIG mylar solar filter, costs $160

You are most welcome Anil, Ohh Darn 160$ for thing which will only be used god knows how many times !! I thought as usual you have captured it with it like your earlier moon pics !!

Anyways say thanks to your friend for letting you share his image here :)!

Regards.

Hi all, here is one more pic. taken by Mr. prakash subbanna who is also a Hifivision member....and a good friend of mine.
He took this pic. at the central line of Annular eclipse...at Dhanushkodi, Rameshwaram, South India....on Jan 15, 2010.

4285678758_d18a9b2416_o.jpg

Equipment used...CANON 50D, CANON 100-400 L IS USM, SOLAR FILTER. MANFROTO PRO TRIPOD...

Last edited:
Hi Anil,
thanks for the nice picture. How is it taken I mean to say is it super impositon of many pictures or a camera is programmed to take pictures like that.
Thanks.

Hi Anil...

You did it again!!! Did you use your telescope (the one you'd built) to take the photos?

Good Pics!

regards,

Nitin.

Excellent Photo. Kindly elaborate the make,model and cost of solar filter used to take the photographs........is it a NDx Filter ?

Picture is compiled from different images, composited by me with photoshop tools. It took 3 hours to make a collage with color correction.

Regards,
Anil

MY DIY BLOG

Hi Anil,
thanks for the nice picture. How is it taken I mean to say is it super impositon of many pictures or a camera is programmed to take pictures like that.
Thanks.

I used a mylar sheet sold at ebay. It's not NDx filter.
My friend bought the filter for $30 + shipping when he was in US, sorry i do not know who makes it.

Regards,
Anil

MY DIY BLOG

Excellent Photo. Kindly elaborate the make,model and cost of solar filter used to take the photographs........is it a NDx Filter ?

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back