Some issue with my Z5500 Subwoofer

djanuj

Hi Guys. greeting from Mumbai, India. New here on this forum.

I have been using Z5500 for 15 years now. And i have bought this converter which allows me to use my Z5500 Sub independently and connect it to my AVR. This setup was flawless for the past 4 years. However past month i started getting this issue which is some distortion happening. I repaired the subwoofer circumference with new foam etc. Also checked the sub circuits. Everything is perfect. And the repair guy also said this subwoofer is so good that no need to replace it and buy new one. He said that it might be my Denon AVR x1500h receiver's issue. However i also checked with Sub out port 2 on the AVR and same result. So i dont think its the AVR. Can you guys please check the video and let me know what can be done? I am now contemplating to buy amp and put this sub in my car and buy new Subwoofer.
What do you guys think?

I am getting desperate here. As I am not able to enjoy anything which needs sub due to this irritating sound.

is there any adjustment for subwoofer level/volume? my guess is that the sub is operating at a volume level beyond its capability which is causing distortion

is there any adjustment for subwoofer level/volume? my guess is that the sub is operating at a volume level beyond its capability which is causing distortion
The AV Receiver can change the subwoofer level. However this issue was non existent for past 3 years. This issue started just a month back. So i doubt that the volume/Level affects the sub. As i have not changed any settings on AVR.

Basically the "tightness" / :punch" is not that effective anymore. Which was there before.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back