Sonodyne Avant Floor Standing Speakers 345 - Views / Reviews

The Paradigm Studio and Sugnature series use Alumunium as well. Question is not of wood or Alumunium but of the overall SQ.

mpw

Hi mpw, I guess he paradigm studio & signature series use Aluminium components for the speaker, but the cabinet is still wood.

But yes. SQ difference is what am looking for between the Aluminium Vs Wooden cabinet speaker.

hello everybody, i have been searching for a good, budget HT set up for my home, after few auditions I have selected Sonodyne Sonus 2605 V3, front satellites, Sonodyne Rear dipole V3, Sonodyne center speaker 2401 V3, Sonodyne subwoofer, Roar 210 along with Denon 1513 AVR, I will like to have sugesstions from the forum members, is this set up good, for the price I am paying for it is Rs 89000, plus the cabling. Will the denon1513 can play these speakers. otherwise i have to buy Paradigm cinema ct 100. Please suggest me at earliest as i have to buy with in this week.

@ Elangoas - I have auditioned Sonodyne Avant as I had to compare between Sonus 2605 & Avant. Honestly I had not found any difference between them - but the center speaker of Avant is much more clear than the Sonus one.
But I guess, getting Sonus 2605 tower speakers along with the center speaker of Avant would a great option. Avant's tower speakers are much costlier than SOnus but that delta amount of money is not justified at all ( as per my audition) but Avant's center speaker is much better than the Sonus's center speaker.

hello everybody, i have been searching for a good, budget HT set up for my home, after few auditions I have selected Sonodyne Sonus 2605 V3, front satellites, Sonodyne Rear dipole V3, Sonodyne center speaker 2401 V3, Sonodyne subwoofer, Roar 210 along with Denon 1513 AVR, I will like to have sugesstions from the forum members, is this set up good, for the price I am paying for it is Rs 89000, plus the cabling. Will the denon1513 can play these speakers. otherwise i have to buy Paradigm cinema ct 100. Please suggest me at earliest as i have to buy with in this week.

@ stevensrocking - I have auditioned all Sonodyne speakers starting from Genie 1 to Avant many a times. Speacially I auditioned Sonus 2605 around 4 times. As per my ears - this Sonus 2605 is very much balached between MUSIC and MOVIE. As per me, the best combination would be as follow;
------------------
Front 2 tower speakers: Sonus 2605
Center Speaker: Center speaker of Avant ( as this has got much more clarity
& sound depth than of Sonus )
Rear / Surrounding speakers: Sonus Rears V3 ( this is a bi-pole speaker )
Receiver would be Denon 1513 - or better if u can afford Denon 2113.
I personally do not like the sub of Sonodyne. FOr sub u may go for Polk/Jamo or Velodyne.
But, if u go for front tower with SOnus 2605 along with center speaker of Avant - believe me - this would be one the best combinations within this budget.
All the best mate !!

@ Elangoas - I have auditioned Sonodyne Avant as I had to compare between Sonus 2605 & Avant. Honestly I had not found any difference between them - but the center speaker of Avant is much more clear than the Sonus one.
But I guess, getting Sonus 2605 tower speakers along with the center speaker of Avant would a great option. Avant's tower speakers are much costlier than SOnus but that delta amount of money is not justified at all ( as per my audition) but Avant's center speaker is much better than the Sonus's center speaker.

Yes..You are right...If we can overlook timbre matching for a HT setup, then Avant LCR250 is a great speaker for center channel....One of the reason is that Avant LCR 250 is around 90db Vs 88db for Sonus C2401..Could also be because of the crossover...

I listened to Paradigm Millenia LP yesterday, priced at 28K each, but sounded superb, even the bass was quite heavy.

@ stevensrocking - I have auditioned all Sonodyne speakers starting from Genie 1 to Avant many a times. Speacially I auditioned Sonus 2605 around 4 times. As per my ears - this Sonus 2605 is very much balached between MUSIC and MOVIE. As per me, the best combination would be as follow;
------------------
Front 2 tower speakers: Sonus 2605
Center Speaker: Center speaker of Avant ( as this has got much more clarity
& sound depth than of Sonus )
Rear / Surrounding speakers: Sonus Rears V3 ( this is a bi-pole speaker )
Receiver would be Denon 1513 - or better if u can afford Denon 2113.
I personally do not like the sub of Sonodyne. FOr sub u may go for Polk/Jamo or Velodyne.
But, if u go for front tower with SOnus 2605 along with center speaker of Avant - believe me - this would be one the best combinations within this budget.T
All the best mate !!

Thx for your advice Dear, I purchased the speakers which i said earlier, but I am finding the center speaker not good one, I need to buy aVANT NOW, WILL IT BE GOOD DECISION.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back