Sonodyne DE 4370, 8 Channel power amplifier

Ok cool.. Slightly OT, from your signature, i see you have Marantz Pre-amp.. few posts above you said you had Denon x 3300.. How has been the upgrade to pre-amp / processor from AVR?..
Actually, I had upgraded from denon x3300 to marantz sr6013 first and then finally to marantz prepro.
In terms of overall sound signature, there wasn't any massive difference from x3300 to marantz 6013, but I got 2 added channels for Atmos and support for Imax enhanced.
However, upgrading to marantz prepro had significant improvement in sound separation. Bass characteristics was more or less same. One big advantage is the presence of auro 2d and auro 3d. Although there isn't any content widely available for auro 2d and 3d, but using auro 2d upmixer is great for 2 channel content (upmixing is not as aggressive as Dolby and DTS plus gives a good punch in bass) and auro 3d upmixer is great for 5.1 content. Auro mixers are available in some AVR also like denon x4500 and up, marantz 7013.

@elangoas Ji, Just wanted to clarify one this. If we are going to add power amplifier anyway, do we still have to spend a lot on AVR? And what is the use of processor in this mix? Sorry for OT. Just trying to understand the three's functionality.
1. Processor
2.AVR
3.Power amp
And to add further to elangoas clarification, typically AVR is cheaper than pre pro. Infact the cheapest pre pro are the AVR which has preouts for separate amplifiers.

Actually, I had upgraded from denon x3300 to marantz sr6013 first and then finally to marantz prepro. In terms of overall sound signature, there wasn't any massive difference from x3300 to marantz 6013, but I got 2 added channels for Atmos and support for Imax enhanced.However, upgrading to marantz prepro had significant improvement in sound separation. Bass characteristics was more or less same.

Many thanks for the detailed inputs.. Having more external channels of amplification, i may most likely go for a pre-amp in the near future.. Hence the clarification..

One big advantage is the presence of auro 2d and auro 3d. Although there isn't any content widely available for auro 2d and 3d, but using auro 2d upmixer is great for 2 channel content (upmixing is not as aggressive as Dolby and DTS plus gives a good punch in bass) and auro 3d upmixer is great for 5.1 content. Auro mixers are available in some AVR also like denon x4500 and up, marantz 7013.

Great.. Have heard from other members too that Auromatic is a good upmixer.. Have used only Neural X / DSU for the associated sound tracks and so far good.. Will try Auro 3D in the next upgrade..

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back