Sonodyne Pre & Power amp

blosd

hi guys,
kindly give me your opinion about Sonodyne's pre and power amplifier ,
i would prefer to buy the same as it is made in India, but only if suitably close
in musical quality to Nad 320bee or Cambridge audio azur 640v2 amplifiers...
please tell me about Sonodyne pre and power amps.

Can't comment on Sonodyne's as I have not had the chance to audition any set. I do know one person who says it looks cheap and it sounds horrible and another person who loves the VFM proposition it gives its owner. So check it out yourself and compare with the NAD and Cambridge.

If you are in Delhi I suggest you check out the tube amps by Lyrita Audio - proudly indian made - (google the site if you're interested) also. This is what I would classify as real budget hi-fi.

Keep us posted.

i'm from Goa and it's really difficult to audition nice hi-fi here.
so i'm dependent on the views of guys who will advise me...

i'm from Goa and it's really difficult to audition nice hi-fi here.
so i'm dependent on the views of guys who will advise me...

If you are spending a good amount of money it would be worth your while to make a trip to Mumbai and fix an appointment with the dealers here for an audition. The dealers in Mumbai are friendly and would be happy to oblige you.

I think that the integrated one with SET from Lyrita would just be perfect for you. You definitely do deserve that for music alongwith a nice set of speakers either the lyrita's or otherwise. You can contact viren on his phone / email and he will be more than happy to help

hi, i have auditioned sonodyne pre-power combo at atria mall,mumbai. Frankly speaking ,i was not impressed. I dont know whether it was related to the speakers or the pre-power combo. Didnt appeal to me. Norge was much better.(heard both on the same day). If you have set your mind for indian brand,Norge would be better IMHO. If you visit atria mall , do visit HK-JBL Show room in the same mall. I was mighty impressed by HK 3490 with JBL ES Series towers. Much better than NAD 320BEE +PSB combo sound and cost wise.

Gents, the last post on this thread before today was in March 2007 so the original query has most likely been settled.

Gents, the last post on this thread before today was in March 2007 so the original query has most likely been settled.
Hmmm, noticed that after posting reply. Anyway. When someone reads this thread few years down the line,this may still be usefull

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back