Sonodyne Sonus 2605 : A detailed review

Thanks friend, this review is of great help. now i can go ahead with the these speakers. kindly suggest which reciever will go well with this setup.

Thanks friend, this review is of great help. now i can go ahead with the these speakers. kindly suggest which reciever will go well with this setup.

Having used both Marantz & Onkyo with Sonodyne Sonus 2605, i prefer Onkyo for movies....There are few FM here who have paired wit with Yamaha receiver & Denon receiver too....You can ping each one of them for any views...

Hi Elangoas, curious to know if you have anything to share about your experience with the dipole surrounds so far....

Very good performance....Sometimes i need to turn around & find out where did i hear the sound from...:eek:hyeah:

Elangoas : Thanks very much for the review :).

I have mostly made up my mind to get myself a Sonodyne 2605 with the SiA 320 integrated amplifier. I say mostly because I have not actually heard/ seen one.

I am hoping to
a) remedy that - surely there must be a dealer in Hyd even though I don't know of one yet and also that
b) Sonodyne announce their annual traditional republic dhamaka 26% discount sale :licklips: I have read about - that would overcome even that last bit of have-not-heard indecision.

I have mailed Sonodyne but where else would find out about such deals ?

ciao
gr

Elangoas : Thanks very much for the review :).

I have mostly made up my mind to get myself a Sonodyne 2605 with the SiA 320 integrated amplifier. I say mostly because I have not actually heard/ seen one.

I am hoping to
a) remedy that - surely there must be a dealer in Hyd even though I don't know of one yet and also that
b) Sonodyne announce their annual traditional republic dhamaka 26% discount sale :licklips: I have read about - that would overcome even that last bit of have-not-heard indecision.

I have mailed Sonodyne but where else would find out about such deals ?

ciao
gr

Sonodyne Sonus 2605 is a fine speaker... you may also consider other stereo amps...

If you don't find a retailer in Hyd, you can order from hifimart.com where you get flat 10% discount all the time using coupon code as SONODYNE....

Please advice

I have yamaha htr 6230, and I am planning to buy Sonus 2605 V3.
Just want to know whether my amplifier is good enough for these speakers

Having spent a good 2 yrs time with the Sonus 2605, thought to share some more experince...

The current pairing has been with Onkyo AVR (TX-NR 818) for close to 2 yrs time....

Stereo Listening - 2.0 - Pure Audio mode, Fronts treated as "LARGE"...

* Since the AVR has ample power, never felt the need of adding a power amplifier for the FS...
* Bass was more than sufficient, no bloating (or) boominess.
* Tried pushing them few times more than moderate volumes, they never sounded brash (or) brittle.
* Pairing with this AVR, they are extremely composed and @ ease all the times, really shines through..
* I have listened to songs continuously for more than 5 hrs and did not feel any fatigue.
* The partnering has been fractionally bright for few seconds which i think could be due to recording also, but that is fine.

Movie performance - In a 5.0 HT setup.

* As i don't have a sub-woofer, AVR directs all low frequency to FS and they handle them them very well..
* In absence of sub-woofer, in some demanding scenes and high volumes, i feel a bit of rattling from FS which i think is fair as i have pushed them beyond their limits..
* Without a sub, the FS are forced to take care of the low frequency, I feel that that the low frequency is evenly distributed across left & right sides of the user...
* I have them along with Sonus C2401 & Sonus Rears Dipoles and they make a very good movie watching experience.
* Center channel dialogues are distinct and clear... Never sounded muddy...

Having paired them with different AVR's, Marantz (Non-HDMI), Onkyo HTR-540 (Non-HDMI) and Onkyo TX-NR 818, i prefer the Onkyo pairing...

Totally, very less complaints and the rest has been enjoyable experience...

good elango... i am also thinking to replace my rear BS-22 to sonodyne dipole/bipole sometime in future and temporarily use BS-22 as front heights and see the difference... (just a future plan...it can change)

good elango... i am also thinking to replace my rear BS-22 to sonodyne dipole/bipole sometime in future and temporarily use BS-22 as front heights and see the difference... (just a future plan...it can change)

Thanks Murlidher... Consider Dipoles if you have some space behind your listening position... If your rear wall is close to your listening position, consider any satellite speakers....

I do not have space behind listening position as there is a open dining hall in continuation of my living hall. I was thinking to have these dipoles mounted in the side wall, just one feet above from ear's position. is it not advisable ?

I do not have space behind listening position as there is a open dining hall in continuation of my living hall. I was thinking to have these dipoles mounted in the side wall, just one feet above from ear's position. is it not advisable ?

If you have open space behind your listening position, then Dipoles will suit you.... You can mount the dipoles on the side walls approx 2 feet above your ear level...

I will update you my exact placement when i get back home....

@elangoas - I recalled this thread where I had posted. Unfortunately I was unable to buy the Sonodynes I was just about splurge on then.. Took the family way thereafter, now, I have bought myself a Yamaha RS 500 and ordered Pioneer SP FS 52 tower spearkers, recently bought a Pioneer BDP 180. Will post a review shortly. Your post was very inspiring and made me take a plunge into the world of 2.0 music listening...

@elangoas - I recalled this thread where I had posted. Unfortunately I was unable to buy the Sonodynes I was just about splurge on then.. Took the family way thereafter, now, I have bought myself a Yamaha RS 500 and ordered Pioneer SP FS 52 tower spearkers, recently bought a Pioneer BDP 180. Will post a review shortly. Your post was very inspiring and made me take a plunge into the world of 2.0 music listening...

Great..please share your experience..

I am using this pioneer fs52 speakers for about a month that i recently bought, its awesome speakers for any level of listening.crystal clear highs and mids and also very good low sound reproduction when reciever set to large for front speakers..
The sound from these speakers is amazing, .the quality of sound output is double more than its price...
I am very satisfied with my purchase...

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back