Sony 65X9000H or 65X9500G

Found one last piece of x950g at Croma,but it's a display piece and according to the store manager,it's less than fortnight at display,asking price 1.5 with one smart home kit which I really don't need.No cashback.No discount for being display piece as according to him it's less than month at display.The store is around 110 km from my town,so need to depend on his word.He is ready to send pictures and other details on watsapp.What to do you think guys.Is it a better deal against 9000h at 1.38 with a free Bluetooth headset .

Found one last piece of x950g at Croma,but it's a display piece and according to the store manager,it's less than fortnight at display,asking price 1.5 with one smart home kit which I really don't need.No cashback.No discount for being display piece as according to him it's less than month at display.The store is around 110 km from my town,so need to depend on his word.He is ready to send pictures and other details on watsapp.What to do you think guys.Is it a better deal against 9000h at 1.38 with a free Bluetooth headset .

In Hyderabad, you get 65X950G for 1.3L sealed (cashback extra). It goes marginally lesser than x9000H.
He is trying to fleece you trying to sell a display piece for more.

In Hyderabad, you get 65X950G for 1.3L sealed (cashback extra). It goes marginally lesser than x9000H.
He is trying to fleece you trying to sell a display piece for more.
Yes,think so.Problem is no 65 inch model available and production is stopped.I was thinking if I get it around 1.3 being a display piece,will go for it.cashback is not available for 950g.

Last edited:
Can you say the main purpose for using the TV ?
What do you watch in your TV ?
What about your room lightning conditions ?
Mostly youtube, prime, hotstar, sunnxt. No cable connection.
Mostly animation content from YouTube as of now due to my son.
Room will be moderately lit.

Start lower for a demo piece.
I had read somewhere that stores usually switch off / on power directly, maybe some more technically savvy member/s can comment if that would have an impact on the Tv ? if that has happened for say 12 months in case of a demo unit.
Not trying to dissuade you but just thought of highlighting it !! No offence and maybe its a stupid point !

Croma guys are not coming down from 1.5L for X9500G as they know it is in demand and has gone out of stock. Even in Hyderabad it's the same price from Croma with Oakter smart home device. At that price we can get LG BX65.

Croma guys are not coming down from 1.5L for X9500G as they know it is in demand and has gone out of stock. Even in Hyderabad it's the same price from Croma with Oakter smart home device. At that price we can get LG

Croma guys are not coming down from 1.5L for X9500G as they know it is in demand and has gone out of stock. Even in Hyderabad it's the same price from Croma with Oakter smart home device. At that price we can get LG BX65.
Are you sure about BX at 1.5?At my place,only CX is available at 2.25 .If BX is available at 1.5 it's indeed a great deal.

If this forum is anything to go by, there is only one case I know of burn in and LG replaced the panel outside of warranty.
Given 3+2 year warranty they provide now, it should be even less of a problem.

I haven't heard of any sony OLED burn in issues at all till now in this forum.
Most tech you buy will loose its charm/get outdated/or you loose your love for it in the first 3 years or less. When I bought my 55 oled in 2017 i thought this is it, i am gonna keep it for atleast 10 years. Now 65 is like the new normal. And already started dreaming of upgrading mine next year to a larger size and to something with a better motion processing and higher refresh rate. Cx 65 is so tempting (though i cannot afford it now ) may be i would wait bit more for 75 inch tp get normal!

Mostly youtube, prime, hotstar, sunnxt. No cable connection.
Mostly animation content from YouTube as of now due to my son.
Room will be moderately lit.
Then it will be fine to get OLED, but at some premium
burn-in exist but is so hyped, LG has added more red thick pixels every year to over come and thier software will do the work,
I dont know about about BX65 but CX65 I heard around 1.85 lakh without (2000 LG CB and 7500 Card cash back)
there is also some issues like with VRR problems(for gamers), and not dts codec.

Then it will be fine to get OLED, but at some premium
burn-in exist but is so hyped, LG has added more red thick pixels every year to over come and thier software will do the work,
I dont know about about BX65 but CX65 I heard around 1.85 lakh without (2000 LG CB and 7500 Card cash back)
there is also some issues like with VRR problems(for gamers), and not dts codec.
problems with BX?

I decided a 75" real estate value over a 65" OLED picture quality. But to be honest 65 OLED will haunt my dreams anyday. To be forthright with you burn ins won't be a factor just the extra 10" of screen size will tempt you to turn into an LCD screen enthusiast. All the FALD over edge lit also is comparable to OLED vs LCD as a bigger screen size is always a turn on. PQ is another but for the niche aspirants. Above this the burn in hoax is just to ensure you are confused. I believe that me over 40 years of age(42 in a few months plus 78 and 72 years old parents) might want to see a size that is stimulating my viewership curiosity over how amazing and lifelike OLEDs can be. If you guys are in your 20s 30s there is no question. Just go for PQ over screen size.

Possibly hold off buying one till next year or else go with a samsung Q80T, both sony models have poor quality control, X90H plagued with issues, X950G has bug issues i mean real ones, a sony factory manufacturing this model was closed because of bug infestation, a x950g user reported moving black object inside the screen, users replied it was an actual bug.

Again go to r/bravia and you'll get good info.

I'd say if you urgently need a TV buy a top line non sony model in diwali sales so you get the best quality control, sony X90H is made in india speaking from my own pruchase and has the worst QC, you can check my thread for detailed guide on the issues i'm facing, just want to save your money.

Possibly hold off buying one till next year or else go with a samsung Q80T, both sony models have poor quality control, X90H plagued with issues, X950G has bug issues i mean real ones, a sony factory manufacturing this model was closed because of bug infestation, a x950g user reported moving black object inside the screen, users replied it was an actual bug.

Again go to r/bravia and you'll get good info.

I'd say if you urgently need a TV buy a top line non sony model in diwali sales so you get the best quality control, sony X90H is made in india speaking from my own pruchase and has the worst QC, you can check my thread for detailed guide on the issues i'm facing, just want to save your money.
I read your post. What you are seeing is panel lottery and was common for 65"X90H in US. I am surprised to see that in 55". Some amount of these dirty screen effect is normal for LCD tech, but if you are noticing in while watching something like football then you have all the right to request replacement. The redditors replying to you are mostly from US and buy from stores where there is no question asked return policy.

Also honestly I don't think Q80T is the solution, they are known to have worse uniformity than Sony. Even Q90T and 8K models many reviews show anecdotally the same in comparison with Sony equivalents. We have a an FM who had yellow light bleed in Q60T that was refused replacement for similar reasons. I would suggest you to contact Sony India customer care via email, dropped you a PM.

Well it has slow processor which is little weak weak in upscaling (not a big deal to be true)
Have less nits in brightness ( May impact some HDR content)
you can check this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6zWvHpX43A&t
The b series normally has weaker motion processing than c. C is more natural and cinematic. The Sony’s are even better. For me my next upgrade would be to Sony OLED.

What exactly is meant by "repeated and prolonged viewing" w.r.t OLED ?

For ex, I like to binge watch 1-2 hours of episodes of the same series on weekdays with lights on. So OTT/channel logo placement will remain at one spot.

Fri-Sun evenings is movie time with 4K rips, played through HTPC in a dark room. I also use my HTPC for some music/Spotify/Wynk listening..

On weekends days, it's few hours of mixed content with basically a lot of OTT platform flipping.

How much of a burn-in risk would I have..?

OLED has other issues more than the burn ins.

1) black crushing
2) Expensive and screen size cannot exceed 65 for Earthly rates.
3) it may not be too bright or colourful compared to QD or triluminous or other LCD LED technology and maybe slightly dim
4) Too reflective and is not a good idea for a bright hall.

Infact Samsung is weary of its niche enthusiasts market that they beat around the bush too hard not to join the party. If you just want the following, you'd be in for a treat

1) great National geographic, discovery channel kind of photography
2) Movies like Barry Lyndon, Lawrence of Arabia, Jurrasic park, Avatar etc...
3) To ogle at beautiful filmy ladies at close up scenes (that will appeal only to youngsters not for people above 40)
4) For casual gaming and that too with uniformity of all sections of the frame used when gaming not just one or two spots in the screen played
5) To enjoy an ott Movie experience with the family etc..

OLED has other issues more than the burn ins.

1) black crushing
2) Expensive and screen size cannot exceed 65 for Earthly rates.
3) it may not be too bright or colourful compared to QD or triluminous or other LCD LED technology and maybe slightly dim
4) Too reflective and is not a good idea for a bright hall.

Infact Samsung is weary of its niche enthusiasts market that they beat around the bush too hard not to join the party. If you just want the following, you'd be in for a treat

1) great National geographic, discovery channel kind of photography
2) Movies like Barry Lyndon, Lawrence of Arabia, Jurrasic park, Avatar etc...
3) To ogle at beautiful filmy ladies at close up scenes (that will appeal only to youngsters not for people above 40)
4) For casual gaming and that too with uniformity of all sections of the frame used when gaming not just one or two spots in the screen played
5) To enjoy an ott Movie experience with the family etc..
For regular DTH/Cable watching and occasionally streaming people LED TV is good. For those who are more into streaming through different platforms including sports, OLED is better. I hope I summarized it well.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back