Sony Android TV Series

43W950C is now available at 68k. I am trying to choose between samsungs 48j6300 (80k), 40ju6670 (70k) and sony's 43w950c. I am a bit confused after reading the reviews for w950c here. Has anyone here compared it with the samsung TVs already ? Please help me decide.

just picked up the sony 55x8500c on sunday, tv was delivered and installed on monday,
my old sony 46inch 3d monolithic design conked off and was quoted 80k to repair it.
My main need was 3d and it seems like most tv manufacturers have stopped 3d in 55+ inches non 4k, first in mind was the sony 50"950c series but seemed like not a major upgrade from 46 and also the va panel seemed very delicate when touched so skipped it and decided for a 4k tv instead with 3d, had shortlisted the samsung 55hu7500 and the sony x85c sony offered me a great deal and buy back as well as 2 free 3d glasses and ps3 12 gb which i asked them to instead give me a ps4 and i will pay the difference.

Initial impression are the tv is beautiful and in love with the colors, hd channels from tata sky look trashy now need to figure out its settings haven't got much time.
heres a picture
DSC_6889.jpg

Last edited:
is it true that 43x8500c when connected to pc supports 4k@30hz only
rU7gmyT.png

just picked up the sony 55x8500c on sunday, tv was delivered and installed on monday,
my old sony 46inch 3d monolithic design conked off and was quoted 80k to repair it.
My main need was 3d and it seems like most tv manufacturers have stopped 3d in 55+ inches non 4k, first in mind was the sony 50"950c series but seemed like not a major upgrade from 46 and also the va panel seemed very delicate when touched so skipped it and decided for a 4k tv instead with 3d, had shortlisted the samsung 55hu7500 and the sony x85c sony offered me a great deal and buy back as well as 2 free 3d glasses and ps3 12 gb which i asked them to instead give me a ps4 and i will pay the difference.

Initial impression are the tv is beautiful and in love with the colors, hd channels from tata sky look trashy now need to figure out its settings haven't got much time.
heres a picture
View attachment 19232

How much it costed? I am also looking for this.

So what do you people say? Is KD-43X8500C worth buying when compared with LG 43UF770T and amsung JU6470 or 6670? Budget is less than Rs.90K

the x8500c series is meant to compete with the ju7500 and LG 8xxx series. However the 43-49 model seems gimped on specs and sony appears to be marketing it based on the 55" model. Very sneaky and untrustable behavior by sony.

the x8500c series is meant to compete with the ju7500 and LG 8xxx series. However the 43-49 model seems gimped on specs and sony appears to be marketing it based on the 55" model. Very sneaky and untrustable behavior by sony.
Yes that's a lame thing Sony did. Really wish someone reviews the 43 inch model.

Today I went to Croma and Pai showroom.. When I told them I would like pricing for 43X8500C they kept pushing me to LG 43UF770T. Times like this I think if LG 770UT is really better than 43X8500C. Someone please assure me that 43X8500C is better [emoji24]

Croma offered me final price for 43X8500C for Rs.85,500 plus 2000 cash back on SBI card.

@HarshaRaj
like i said earlier 43x8500 is just ok if you can live with average black level, poor whites and average contrast... If you can do away with 4k then 43x950c seems to offer better black levels, Whites and contrast...

@HarshaRaj
like i said earlier 43x8500 is just ok if you can live with average black level, poor whites and average contrast... If you can do away with 4k then 43x950c seems to offer better black levels, Whites and contrast...

43x8500 or 43w950.?

@HarshaRaj

From what I saw the black levels on x8500c and w950c were at par and both were inferior to the w850c.

well i picked it for 1.87 from the sony store. Knowing the guy that manages the place since he was the sales man when i purchased my 46nx710 back in 2010 helped big time.

However after a months usage, i must say neither me nor my mom and dad are satisfied with it. The colors seem artificial and has a terrible white balance. Tried my best to calibrate it, used photos i shot and edited on my macs calibrated screen it seems way of on the tv, even when outputting 4k from the mac.
Secondly I have to rely on my amp to upscale to 4k, connecting tata sky directly(will get to it why i did so) is awful.
So in this one month i had the tv issues faced is,
Audio lag(software update helped)
Tv takes alot of time to start up if you power of from the mains
The nfc remote failed to pair with tv few times, and this one time i did a factory reset it just would not pair, found out how to reinitialize the remote.
Hdmi ports detect the receiver connected and devices but shows no video signal, a power down and switch of from wall socket for 1 minute or more solves it, but its highly annoying to have it every week or so.

Called out sony to have a look, they say what you saw on display was 4k. so i showed them 4k content and full hd content the engineer says its not optimized and then says tv has no 4k upscale. To do a color calibration he says keep it on default values its the best. (its terrible)
and they went back with nothing positive and neither on the hdmi rather than blame the amp for it.

3 days back started the tv put the tata sky on and no signal error came up. Did the reset etc etc stuff still nothing even after 5 hours. Lodged a complaint.
The sony tech guy visited yesterday and it started working when connected directly. Which made him blame my amplifier, then we connected it back again still nothing to make sure its not the amp i set output to the both main and sub output and selected it, it worked.
Then we connected back to main and it worked. I noticed it was 1080i and so changed it back to 4k upscale and bam! not working again.
Connected onto a different port and it works. So hdmi arc port 4 is kaput. Connect back to port 4 and its flickering and has lots of noise. Connected it back to hdmi port 3 and now it does not work. connected every thing on different ports nothing. Neither does component input nor video 1 port work now.

The engineer then said, sorry sir you were right.
Asked for my bill and warranty card and said he will order the main logic board will take a week to ten days, I denied and asked him to ask for a replacement. Called my dealer told him the issue he spoke to engineer and then service center manager, they will be issuing a replacement but will get it in 20-30 days.
That leaves me with a tv i can only use YouTube to watch.
This isn't the sony we knew.
And the colors definitely not the colors and image quality you would expect from a sony however il just think of it as a defective unit and see what the replacement unit has in store. If that's the same ill push for a refund and go with a samsung or lg.

Truth is the x8500c is actually not even a high end model. In India it's just priced sky high because our currency is kept weak to benefit the exporters and politicians who get money from them. Abroad the 65" x8500c was available for 1,20,000 a month ago and the 49" model is 1,40,000 in India... so yeah.

India - The dumping ground of the electronic world thanks to a massive majority of uneducated population.

Please don't blame the uneducated masses for this, how many masters do you think usa has? It is because we love paying taxes for our chor netas to make pothole laden roads and do foreign trips

Please don't blame the uneducated masses for this, how many masters do you think usa has? It is because we love paying taxes for our chor netas to make pothole laden roads and do foreign trips
which one?
43x8500c or 50w950c.?

Don't misunderstand, notice how I mentioned about politicians as well. It's a pretty sad situation. Unfortunately politics itself is full of illiterates and one size fits all solution thumpers.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back