Sony Android TV Series

Flipkart and Paytm are offering good discounts on Sony TVs, with Sony India warranty. In most of the cases it seems to be because of lack of freebies. Do you guys think that it is safe to buy.

Flipkart (without exchange of old TV):
43W950C - Rs. 71910
43W800C - Rs. 58900
50W950C - Rs. 118655
50W900B - Rs. 119610
50W800B - Rs. 85405
55W800C - Rs. 125910

Paytm with cash back:
43W950C - Rs. 75890-7500CB=68390
43W800C - Rs. 63610-7500CB=56110
50W950C - Rs. 127900-7500CB=120400
55W800C - Rs. 129800-7500CB=122300

Hi, I have bought 55X8500C. Very nice picture quality and I am happy.

When watching YouTube I am getting the following message on screen "No signal check the external input or select another input using the input button."

So then I have to switch on the Set Top Box and select the correct input and only then this message goes away!

Does this mean that I always need to switch on the STB even to watch YouTube, and other online video apps? Rather absurd if this is true?

Does anyone have the same issue or have a solution please?
I am using the latest firmware 2587

I couldn't take a risk with sony's poor quality and short warranty anymore. Scrapped my desire for a TV and got a 34" 21:9 curved monitor with 3 years warranty and better colour accuracy.

Last edited:
System Software Update for Asia Pacific 18 Nov 2015 PKG3.017.0080PAB

This update has resolved the issue of "no signal" issue that I have mentioned above.

Last edited:
It seems like Sony Android TVs come with Netflix App pre-installed and hidden from users, maybe for this region.

I discovered the "Netflix" button (under additional buttons) when I added my device "Sony TV 55x8500c" into my Logitech Harmony 880.

When I pressed that button it magically loaded "Netflix" app on TV.
Then I had to just change the DNS servers to get it working.

Here's a pic of remote with "Netflix" button most probably released for American Sony Android TVs.

2ng4ftu.jpg

Last edited:
so its been 4 weeks now i cant use any input besides watching internet content or from a usb drive.
sony wanted to replace the main logic board and told me a wait time of a week i refused and stated i want a replacement. They approved of it but till now the only excuse i get is theres no stocks of the55x8500c then they promised me this wednesday come wednesday and they call me to state they havent received it yet its a high selling model it may take more 3 weeks. So now i am stuck with an expensive wall accessory, neither does the rca or component inputs work and even if they do its barely for few minutes before scrambling the signal, also noticed the tv base heating up alot that you cant touch it for a few seconds.
Internet content its a hit and miss works sometimes else keeps saying no network connection tried all wifi channels, still the same, bluray picks up wifi flawlessly
will wait two weeks more before pushing for a refund.

so to give an update about my55x8500c, the first set had hdmi issues would randomly stop working and back again, my avr was being detected, sony took a month to replace the tv and give me a new one, i thought my bad ordeal would end there but sadly it did not,
the second sets hdmi was even more botchy the ports decided to work and stop whenever they pleased for however long they wanted to, sony replaced the main board and post that the tv would hang up randomly or images would flicker and stutter after a few hours of usage, neither were the colors right no matter how much setting you do the greens were way too over saturated, over that the tv would randomly hang and reboot, the service guys came over checked it but it only happened when the set was being used for a good while, they asked me to keep the tv on for about 9-10 hours and they would come over the next day, the next day the stuttering did not occur the tech plugged in his usb and watch few movies of it, but the new thing was that hd signals were pixelating and had jagged lines. The next day we went to power on the tv just would not power up.
We asked sony to provide us a refund since we were not happy with the image quality and reliabilty, sony got back saying they could only offer me another replacement set or a new board or i could opt for a higher model and pay difference but no refunds.
After thinking i decided to go ahead and upgrade to the 55x9000c, i was eyeing the 9300c but the speakers are an eye sore for me. I should get it in two days so lets hope this is good.

Hello All,

I'm planning to purchase sony KD-43X8500C (4k).I want to know which panel it is using in this model (IPS panel or VA panel) . I came to know IPS panel are better compared to VA,I call to sony customer care , even they don't have any idea about this panel

Also i heard that contrast levels are not good in dark , Its true?

Any suggested about a good tv around 43 inches.
My requirements:
1. Better picture quality.
2. 3D not required , FHD or 4K
3. Budget around 80k

Thanks in Advance,
Eswar

so sony sent me the 55x9000c the tv arrived and the invoice was showing a different price 70k less than what i paid sony, then i see they dropped the price from 2.84 to 2.14 spoke to them to do the needful.
The tv is august 2015 manufactured(i had told them to give me a december or january)
The guys took 4 attempts to mount the new wall mount on my wooden panels.
Finally on turning the tv on i noticed a patch on the upper right and terrible backlight bleed all around the tv.
Lets see what sony does now. Im thoroughly fed up.
DSC_0145.jpg

I couldn't take a risk with sony's poor quality and short warranty anymore. Scrapped my desire for a TV and got a 34" 21:9 curved monitor with 3 years warranty and better colour accuracy.

Hey which one did you go for, I am in the same boat, itching between 4k TV and the 34" monitor, although I have no confidence in monitors also, I have already gone to showroom thrice and returned with 1080p monitors each time :p

How is the monitor can you post some pics of your monitor or PM links of photos of your monitor please ?

so finally,
to sum it up
i went in for the x850c which had hdmi issues on two sets and then paid them to upgrade me to x9000c which had so much back light bleeding, two replacements were brought but rejected on seeing more bleeding and finally 7 months later sony issued me a full refund today, i did not take up any legal just was in close contact with their operations and technical head out here who were very helpful and kind.
I went in for a samsung 55js9000 managed to grab hold of it at a good deal(packed piece) after visiting 10-12 shops with no stocks with them. Waiting installation but from the display demo the image quality looked much better than the sony with regards to black levels, contrast brightness and white balance.

Experience on Sony KDL50W800D :

TV comes with a power adapter [ like the ones used for laptop ] which will take in AC 100 - 240 V, giving out DC @ 19.5 V. Technician suggested that we don't require the stabilizer as the conversion to DC happens at the power adapter. In case anything happens, the power adapter is conked off and NOT the TV, as the input is DC.

Correct me if the technician is wrong in here.

On another note, got the Tatasky HD Setup. Now in here, I need your inputs. The set top box is connected to HDMI IN 1 / MHL [ Mobile High Definition Link ] on the side of the TV Set. HD Quality is too good. SD Quality is not that great. Now, wondering if we should connect the HDMI Cable to other outlets by removing it from HDMI IN 1 to either HDMI IN 2, 3, 4. Attached image should give you more clarity on the ports of 800D.

I need a longer HDMI Cable to hide it from my desk. Current one is too short.

Have shortlisted two models. listed below.

Amazon Basics :

Amazon.in: Buy AmazonBasics HL-007304 High-Speed HDMI Cable, 3 Feet Online at Low Prices in India | AmazonBasics Reviews & Ratings

Bluerigger :

Amazon.in: Buy BlueRigger High Speed HDMI Cable with Ethernet - Supports 3D, 4K and Audio Return - Latest Version (6.6 Feet / 2 Meters) Online at Low Prices in India | BlueRigger Reviews & Ratings

Bluerigger has more positive reviews than Amazon Basics.

Need atleast 2 metre HDMI Cable to hide it.

Appreciate your feedback on the aforesaid cables.

Btw, Did anyone watch 3D Movies on the above TV ?

Do we need to pair the TV with Sony Active 3D Glasses, Or Can we opt for another brand ?

Oh, forgot to mention, I don't own a Bluray player. Can I play 3D Content off my hard disk ? Wondering !

The colors are over saturated. Can anyone share the neutral or natural settings for the same

Attachments

• HDMI_IN.jpg
    HDMI_IN.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 142
Sony KDL 800C / D Users ;

Have been using 800D for the last one week and its a fantastic machine.

Got some quires on the application of the TV.

1. I am not able to play *.mp4 files on the aforesaid Android TV. Did anyone face similar issues ? Sometimes *.avi files also do not play.

2. Installed vlc player on the TV, But I am not able to select any videos or anything. VLC doesn't give me an option to choose. Wondering if VLC is optimised for TV play. Do MX player work better ?

3. Did anyone upgrade the software on the aforesaid machines ? Location at

System Software Update for Asia Pacific : Download : Sony India

Waiting for your inputs

W950C : TV Buttons/Remote freeze

i've been using this tv for over 6 months now. happy with the performance but for one issue.

sometimes the tv just refuses to respond to remote input but corrects itself after some time like a min or so. once during such interruption i tried changing the tv volume on physical tv button [on the rear] - but to my surprise even they didn't respond! :shocked: .

and couple of times this interruption never got resolved on it's own until i switch off the powersupply to the tv and switch it back on. i read few such complaints online about the Sony tv not responding to remote - but none of them have comlained about tv physical buttons - rather not sure i they've tried during the interruptions. anybody faced the same issue?

planning place a complaint with Sony Customer Care but another issue would be how to recreate this 'blackout' for the service engineer!! :(

EDIT: TV remote is running on brand new Duracells and I can see the IR led blinking [on mobile cam]

UPDATE: spoke Customer Care, as expected they asked me to update the tv to latest software version and reset it to factory settings - which i've already done. so on my next call if this issues re-occurs they're going to lodge a complaint for further processing it seems.

Last edited:
Update:
service engineer visited home today. says TV needs main board replacement. he has placed the request for new board and might get in few days.

he also asked me to say that the 'TV is not powering on' to customer care if they inquire about TV operation. as the above issue is random, they would not replace the board if the issue is not encountered it seems. he also said that he would make the board 'defunct' before sending it back to Sony.
i'm also planning to opt for 2 year extended warranty [costs 5K].

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back