SONY at their best tvs without power cord?

adder

Wireless-power-transfer-sysytem_prototype.jpg

-Sony Corporation today announced the development of a highly efficient wireless power transfer system that eliminates the use of power cables from electronic products such as television sets. Using this system, up to 60 Watts of electrical energy can be transferred over a distance of 50cm (at an efficiency of approximately 80%, approximately 60% including rectifier.

8ido18000004ye7b.jpg

for more read here http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/News/Press/200910/09-119E/index.html

Last edited:
Very intersting idea.

Some random thoughts...where is the picture on the TV? Also what impact does the MR have on the human body as (separately) MRI is known to cause issues when metal objects are on the human body or in the vicinity. Could this be the reason there is no obvious metal object in the pic?

well it should cause any interference according to sony since in the link above sony says
This new wireless power transfer system incorporates a form of contactless electrical energy transmission technology based on magnetic resonance. With magnetic resonance, electromagnetic energy is only transferred to recipient devices that share the identical resonant frequencies as the energy source, so energy transfer efficiency is maintained, even when misalignment occurs. Furthermore, even if there are metal objects located between the transmitter and receiver, no heat induction occurs.

@marsilians
their is no need to play the video,since that image is only for showing the wireless power.if u wan't wireless video u need a tv like the ZX1 or ZX5 etc

anyway expect it to come in many other devices,unless ofcourse sony holds the patents,but expect similar device from the chinese ,since they don't care about patents,copyrights,going by the fakes.they even produce copied versions of SU-27 fighter aircraft.

Last edited:
YES! sony has done it again. This is what makes a sony a sony

Guess who is watching this technology closely. Ofcourse it is LG and SAMSUNG. These two pirates of consumer electronic world can copy anything
from anybody. Everything they do is copied from someone or other. They have a dedicated C&D department ( copy and develop).

They copy others technology and design and sell it for cheap price. With zero money spent on research, they are making profit from day1

sony invented walkman, handycam, floppy disc, CD, MD, DVD, Blu Ray, Flat screen TV. It's a sony

Wireless-power-transfer-sysytem_prototype.jpg

-Sony Corporation today announced the development of a highly efficient wireless power transfer system that eliminates the use of power cables from electronic products such as television sets. Using this system, up to 60 Watts of electrical energy can be transferred over a distance of 50cm (at an efficiency of approximately 80%, approximately 60% including rectifier.

8ido18000004ye7b.jpg

for more read here Sony Global - Sony develops highly efficient wireless power transfer system based on magnetic resonance

"up to 60 Watts of electrical energy can be transferred over a distance of 50cm (at an efficiency of approximately 80%, approximately 60% including rectifier"

So this means the actual power available would be something like 30W... which could power something like a blu-ray player, so I dont thinks there's any value to this. If we're to power an LCD TV or an AVR, we require much higher power. Yes, the Sony range of HTIBs could benefit from this.

"up to 60 Watts of electrical energy can be transferred over a distance of 50cm (at an efficiency of approximately 80%, approximately 60% including rectifier"

So this means the actual power available would be something like 30W... which could power something like a blu-ray player, so I dont thinks there's any value to this. If we're to power an LCD TV or an AVR, we require much higher power. Yes, the Sony range of HTIBs could benefit from this.

well i think they said upto 60watts can be transferred ,not sure its including the 20% to 40% loss.a caliberated 40" led lcd can consume about 75watts,32" ccfl lcd will consume about 55watts.

Actually there is no need for wireless energy transfer for electronics unless it is energy efficient, eco friendly and cheap.
anyway, how will sony power the Magnetic Resonance Equipment ? :D

Actually there is no need for wireless energy transfer for electronics unless it is energy efficient, eco friendly and cheap.
anyway, how will sony power the Magnetic Resonance Equipment ? :D

well obviously sony still need power to power MRT,but imagine u have a wirless device in this case a sony super thin ZX1 lcd it accepts wireless videos,but still needs a powercable to power it,so whats the point of having a just the wireless video ,agreed its better then multiple cables.now to make it completely wireless u will either need a whole bunch of batteries or if it has this wireless power transfer like this ,then its entirely wireless.
offcourse the tech shown is only a prototype,it will need to perfected and will take some time before it hits the street.tvs atleast in lcd tech are improving by the day interms of efficiency,with LED edgelight u can bring the power consumption of a 40" LED lcd down to a 32" lcd with CCFL.

Last edited:
offcourse the tech shown is only a prototype,it will need to perfected and will take some time before it hits the street.
Yes, nothing against developing new technologies, may also find use in other areas also. One never knows.
regds.

YES! sony has done it again. This is what makes a sony a sony

Guess who is watching this technology closely. Ofcourse it is LG and SAMSUNG. These two pirates of consumer electronic world can copy anything
from anybody. Everything they do is copied from someone or other. They have a dedicated C&D department ( copy and develop).

They copy others technology and design and sell it for cheap price. With zero money spent on research, they are making profit from day1

sony invented walkman, handycam, floppy disc, CD, MD, DVD, Blu Ray, Flat screen TV. It's a sony

none of the products that you mentioned here are ivented by Sony except for the MD .

Walkman is a brand and not a product.

wireless power transmission has existed for a hundred years, recently dell launched their laptop's with wireless chargers. this is one of those classic Sony fans assuming that Sony has done something new but in reality they had never ever done anything like that in the past.

Wireless energy transfer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sony has never invented any break through technology or product by itself which had been a great positive help for humanity. They just called their personal music player as Walkman and marketed them well enough to damage the ears of generation of youngsters.

fanboism makes the brand to over promise and under deliver

Think beyond the brand ---- open your minds people

well the 3.5" floppy was developed by sony,the CD was developed by philips and sony http://www.sony.net/Fun/SH/1-20/h5.html ,the trinitron picture tube aka aperture grill used by some philips tvs,NEC,mitsibushi were again patented by sony.well as far as walkman its a cool name for the WORLDS FIRST portable cassette player,with revolutionary speakers,motors etc ,it also has many other TM such as watchman,Discman(again worlds first portable CD player),handycam.

well anyway pefect example of hate for a brand:rolleyes: its one thing for a technology to be invented or discovered,its completly different to make it practical,cheap and make it work in the first place.for that u have to give credit to a company like sony for getting many world's first,which is a huge list.

Last edited:
well the 3.5" floppy was developed by sony,the CD was developed by philips and sony Sony Global - Sony History ,the trinitron picture tube aka aperture grill used by some philips tvs,NEC,mitsibushi were again patented by sony.well as far as walkman its a cool name for the WORLDS FIRST portable cassette player,with revolutionary speakers,motors etc ,it also has many other TM such as watchman,Discman(again worlds first portable CD player),handycam.

well anyway pefect example of hate for a brand:rolleyes: its one thing for a technology to be invented or discovered,its completly different to make it practical,cheap and make it work in the first place.for that u have to give credit to a company like sony for getting many world's first,which is a huge list.

Floppy was invented by IBM and Sony making a smaller version is not invention cause there are many sizes in floppy introduced by many companies.Using three electron guns for RGB is another idea Sony borrowed from GE but some how it got the patent A.K.A joke (like how some American company was offered the patent for basmathi rice) till 1996.Aperture grill is no not used the same way by the companies that you mentioned but they developed their own versions with its advantages and also companies used some thing called a hybrid aperture grill.

From your post its understood Sony made personal music players really well until the ipod was introduced.

Sony making other inventions into cheap affordable product ? "classic fanboi speech".

most of their products are overpriced while they are just another cheap electronics brand.Its one thing to make a person understand but, its a whole different deal when it comes to fanboi's. so, i give up and be in my stand of not looking at brands instead looking at real good products.

Floppy was invented by IBM and Sony making a smaller version is not invention cause there are many sizes in floppy introduced by many companies.Using three electron guns for RGB is another idea Sony borrowed from GE but some how it got the patent A.K.A joke (like how some American company was offered the patent for basmathi rice) till 1996.Aperture grill is no not used the same way by the companies that you mentioned but they developed their own versions with its advantages and also companies used some thing called a hybrid aperture grill.

From your post its understood Sony made personal music players really well until the ipod was introduced.

Sony making other inventions into cheap affordable product ? "classic fanboi speech".

most of their products are overpriced while they are just another cheap electronics brand.Its one thing to make a person understand but, its a whole different deal when it comes to fanboi's. so, i give up and be in my stand of not looking at brands instead looking at real good products.

where in the post did i say sony invented 3.5" floppy,i said they developed:p.
aperture grill couldn't be used by any other companies until the patent period got over,after which companies where free to use it,with what ever modification they wanted to implement,they still had to pay royalties
well sony does sell some stuff cheap,some are priced quite high,since they do have to get back the money they spen't on R&D.

if u think i am a fan of sony,thats fine thats ur taught and i don't give a shit.but i don't hate plasmas or pioneer or what ever.
just because someone recommends a core 2 duo or post some info about the new core i5/i7processor,doesn't mean he is a fan of intel,those products are still quite good.there are people who will recommend AMD if its a better for the same price ,or same goes to nvidia vs ati.

but its clear that u hate sony,so posts like above and prior posts wasn't a suprise,but even though some people may hate a company or be a fan of some other tech,they still appreciate when the company they hate do launch some revolutionary products.i know u hate lcds,but do note that they are responsible for plasma being cheaper,getting more efficient,perhaps even thinner.at the same time lcds have improved in contrast particulary black level,response time,viewing angles,motion capabilty and getting cheaper due to plasmas.but i guess some people are just plain ignorant

Last edited:
Just to add even the DVD was a technology that was co developed by many big consumer electronic giants including Philips,Sony,Toshiba,Matsushita,etc

Last edited:
Just to add even the DVD was a technology that was co developed by many big consumer electronic giants including Philips,Sony,Toshiba,Matsushita,etc

actualy these days unless they partner with many companies they can't win,even despite that HD DVD lost.
memory stic format that sony uses would/will eventualy kill sony digital camera business,only now as sony realised since sony started using the more standard SD cards in DSLR,their CEO recently said that they will use more open source and less propietary.

I would not give a rat's ass for you thinking that i hate Sony.

what or when did i teach ?

my taught ? oh my "thought", gotcha!

my bad i mean thought.but u do hate lcds:p,but the general impression is that someone here hates sony.

Last edited:
hi guys.. i'm sure both of you have great points to share with the larger group..

but this to and fro is not really helping anyone much..

it'd be great if we could all restrict ourselves to posts which we genuinely believe would help fellow forum members make informed decisions on what product(s) to buy and suggestions on how they could get the most value of products purchased..

Thanks..

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back