Sony BDV E3200 or Philips HTB 5520

r_sudhagar

Hi all,

I am planning to buy a blu-ray player with 5.1 home theatre speaker setup with a budget of Rs.20000 (+/- 3000). Checked various websites and found Sony BDV E3200 and Philips HTB 5520 are coming under my range. I need suggestions on which to buy, based on the features offered by these home theatre or any other products you can suggest which are having additional features of same budget. If any technical comparison is available it would be of much helpful to everyone. Thanks in advance.

Suggestion from my personal experience - None of these.
Had the exact question about an year back.
Auditioned both of them(thrice), Philips sounded better and balanced than Sony despite multiple tuning attempts, ended up getting one finally.
Everything was fine until I heard Onkyo, and in comparision, Philips sounds like crap and Sony, much crappier.
Am, now, on the path of getting rid of the Philips system and getting a proper AVR(mostly Denon x2200w) based setup.
My advice - Get a good AVR upfront, you can start with a basic speaker set, probably, only the front ones and then upgrade them/add others later on.
Getting any of these Sony/Philips systems will just be a waste of money.

Hi

You need to trust your ears n check ur budget for getting a decent HT setup...these are called HTiBs..home theatre in a box....

There is a JBL model also available, you can also look at LG BD6330 or something which has kevlar coned speakers (Yellow)....

If you can stretch ur budget a bit, you can buy a nice entry level HT system like Yamaha or Pioneer and a Blu Ray player separately...you will enjoy it more...since Diwali is round the corner, check for offers and decide wisely..key is audition with your kind of music....all the best

Hi

You need to trust your ears n check ur budget for getting a decent HT setup...these are called HTiBs..home theatre in a box....

There is a JBL model also available, you can also look at LG BD6330 or something which has kevlar coned speakers (Yellow)....

If you can stretch ur budget a bit, you can buy a nice entry level HT system like Yamaha or Pioneer and a Blu Ray player separately...you will enjoy it more...since Diwali is round the corner, check for offers and decide wisely..key is audition with your kind of music....all the best

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back