SONY HT-A9 Thoughts/inputs

srikanth4285

Sony says that the speaker system in the HT-A9 can create up to 12 phantom speakers from the 4 speakers with Dobly Atmos and DTSx and the review from Andrew Robinson looks promising, what do you guys think?

No comment on the product.
That said, his reviews are pretty legit, from a handful of products he has reviewed and some I've actually sampled such as the Sony STR-DN1080 which he reviewed a long ago. It was a really good receiver.
Go and listen to the Sony. Thats the only way you will know if its you're cup of tea.
An alternate but far more expensive option is the new Klipsch Cinema 1200

No comment on the product.
That said, his reviews are pretty legit, from a handful of products he has reviewed and some I've actually sampled such as the Sony STR-DN1080 which he reviewed a long ago. It was a really good receiver.
Go and listen to the Sony. Thats the only way you will know if its you're cup of tea.
An alternate but far more expensive option is the new Klipsch Cinema 1200
Even this itself a costly product, i think. Its priced at $2499/- in US.

Finally looks like Sony is launching HT-A9 in India along with the HT-A7000 as well. Of course, both are priced as if they will protect entire humanity from all future variants of any and all pandemic.
Its not that bad. This system basically replaces AVR, speakers,wires and subwoofer. Combined price of these items exceeds the 1.7/1.9 lakhs price Sony HT-A9 is being offered at.

Sony says that the speaker system in the HT-A9 can create up to 12 phantom speakers from the 4 speakers with Dobly Atmos and DTSx and the review from Andrew Robinson looks promising, what do you guys think?

The following is its usp

"No need to rearrange your furniture or precisely position your speakers. The HT-A9 uses dual microphones in each speaker to ingeniously measure their relative height and position, allowing the system to generate 12 phantom speakers and completely encircle your room in immersive spatial sound."

I am a lazy person when it comes to maintaining devices, and so this kind of a simplified solution works for me. They have had so far only a sound bar with sub with Atmos at high end like Z9f or wired satelites like IV 300 or value for money with a lot of instability 5.1 sound bar surround with not much of a one size fits all solution for HT enthusiasts. This one could change that and is a welcome addition to their range of products. I love it how they are getting to provide solutions to consumer problems instead of adding more complications making human evolutionary process progressive matching the day and age we are in. Sony is taking the step in the right direction.

And it’s CLASS D.

I had commented in other threads of how class D will come into the popular consumer markets.

For the audiophile, it won’t be long when Purifi active speakers come into picture with aptxhd/ldac. A genelec measurements with better aesthetics might probably rule the world. (The HEOS system of Denon is also an inkling where the manufacturers will sway into in future)

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back