Sony & Kenwood TurnTable ... how are they?

Brajendu

Friends, I've been quite tempted to posses a TT after reading many good reviews here, but not quite sure how to go about. (I am also thankful for helpful hints from Malvai and others).

Today i saw these two NEW budget turn-table in ebay, so felt like knowing more about these.
1. Sony PS-LX250H Automatic Belt-Drive Turntable
$(KGrHqNHJBEE7))HtcwUBPH!4ZI0qg~~60_12.JPG

2. Kenwood P 110 Turntable
$(KGrHqJHJCwE7BcvhB1HBO8vd+prJQ~~60_12.JPG

Please advise with your valuable suggestion/experience

Both the models are entry level. I think the Kenwood model has a built-in phono pre-stage . They cannot be considered to give you good results as their construction is flimsy and is not meant for audiophile listeners but for casual listening in my opinion
kuruvilajacob

Thank so much to Malvai and others here for advise. So it's better to take the used TT way, fine accepted. Captrajesh has some spare TTs which he wants to sell so I'm getting details from him. Can I know if anybody else has a good TT to sell which I can use right away ?..

Basically it will be helpful to me if the TT can run immediately without requiring any additional things other than LPs. I wish it should have the cartridge & stylus everything installed. I am new so I don't want any hassle at the 1st day of my TT experience. My budget is 10-15k but can go up to max 20K (including everything)

I'm so much thankful to Malvai for your valuable advise. I'll surely talk to these sellers from OLX. One query: I've heard a lot about Technics Turntables but this Sansui FR-D3 is very new to me.(rather I'm new to TT :), so obviously I'm ignorant of this world apart from a very brief idea), but I believe your suggestions that this is a good TT to begin with. So if I for any of the two models you mentioned, where can I get the Cartridge and Stylus? and what will be their approx cost.. Please guide.

I'm so much thankful to Malvai for your valuable advise. I'll surely talk to these sellers from OLX. One query: I've heard a lot about Technics Turntables but this Sansui FR-D3 is very new to me.(rather I'm new to TT :), so obviously I'm ignorant of this world apart from a very brief idea), but I believe your suggestions that this is a good TT to begin with. So if I for any of the two models you mentioned, where can I get the Cartridge and Stylus? and what will be their approx cost.. Please guide.

Shure M97xe or Ortofon Super Om10 would be better match for both the tts.
KAB Electro Acoustics http://www.kabusa.com
Ortofon OM 10 Super Phono Cartridge

Regards,
Sachin

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back