SONY KLV-40Z450A / KLV-40W550A / KLV-40W450A /Samsung LA40B750U1R

thetas

Folks,
After going thru many threads...I have shortlisted following LCD models
SONY KLV-40Z450A / KLV-40W550A / KLV-40W450A
Samsung LA40B750U1R

Can anyone speak of his/her personal experience abou the above models ??
Any recommendations ??
Is it worth waiting for sometime for SONY KLV-40Z550A (any insider news?) ?? (Anyways I am targetting Diwali....or even post Diwali for that matter is okay with me)

Thank you in advance.

(Please don't be rude & ask me to read other threads...as I have already read them :))

well the 40Z550A will be cheaper then the existing 40Z450A.the newer Z550A will show SD content better then the older Z450A.
but the older Z450A build quality is better,the tv looks expensive,sound quality is much much better then the current tvs(excluding the X450A) from sony,samsung,panasonic.
yes its better to wait for diwali since most companies will give some good discount or some with freebies.
again the sony launch prices are usually higher wait for a month or two for it go down.
the samsung B750 is also a good buy if u can get it.but again the contrast levels,viewing angles,input lag will vary depending on the panel u get .but overall its evenly matched compared to the Z550A,with sony BE3 engines having a slight edge in upscaling ,input lag.so is the sound quality but again at a slightly higher price.

Last edited:
well the 40Z550A will be cheaper then the existing 40Z450A.the newer Z550A will show SD content better then the older Z450A.
but the older Z450A build quality is better,the tv looks expensive,sound quality is much much better then the current tvs(excluding the X450A) from sony,samsung,panasonic.
yes its better to wait for diwali since most companies will give some good discount or some with freebies.
again the sony launch prices are usually higher wait for a month or two for it go down.
the samsung B750 is also a good buy if u can get it.but again the contrast levels,viewing angles,input lag will vary depending on the panel u get .but overall its evenly matched compared to the Z550A,with sony BE3 engines having a slight edge in upscaling ,input lag.so is the sound quality but again at a slightly higher price.

Point noted on the Launch price...Thank you.
Any news when is 40Z550 launchin in India ??
Do you have any thoughts on W550 & W450 as an option ?

The b750 i am afraid is quite hard to get. You can get the 40 inch b750 at the Rajajinagar Samsung Showroom on display and they have also confirmed they have it in stock.
However the price they are quoting is 110000 almost 10-15 k more than other dealers. U will have to try hard with other dealers to see if they have stock
Also the problem is that you are looking for a 40 incher and there could be chances of a bad panel for this size.
If you do get a non CMO panel the B750 might end up being slightly better in terms of blacks,marginally sharper motion resolution, connectivity and screen uniformity(probably the best for a CCFL) than the Z550. Another advantage being the ability to control judder and motion blur seperately.
It is however really really a hassle getting this TV to be honest and you may be better off buying the z550 or z450.

Point noted on the Launch price...Thank you.
Any news when is 40Z550 launchin in India ??
Do you have any thoughts on W550 & W450 as an option ?

well sony as usual waits for clearance of the old stock i.e Z450A .even the basic 37S550A hasn't yet been launched due to the fact that the 37S400A stocks are yet to be cleared since 37inch itself is borring segment,most dealers including the grey market dealers don't stock the 37inch.

as far as the 40Z550A try getting them in the grey market(should cost around 95k to 98k) ,since its been over a month since they lauched it in thailand ,where sony tvs are assembled and its also the place where sonyindia and the grey market dealers import.

sony official pricing will depend on the samsung prices,they will still be priced higher,lately sony has been quite aggressive on the prices hardly any significant difference b/w the thailand prices and sonyindia price.

well sony as usual waits for clearance of the old stock i.e Z450A .even the basic 37S550A hasn't yet been launched due to the fact that the 37S400A stocks are yet to be cleared since 37inch itself is borring segment,most dealers including the grey market dealers don't stock the 37inch.

as far as the 40Z550A try getting them in the grey market(should cost around 95k to 98k) ,since its been over a month since they lauched it in thailand ,where sony tvs are assembled and its also the place where sonyindia and the grey market dealers import.

sony official pricing will depend on the samsung prices,they will still be priced higher,lately sony has been quite aggressive on the prices hardly any significant difference b/w the thailand prices and sonyindia price.

Thanks again...I think I can wait for some time till the Z550 is launched in India...anyway the Sony Diwali schemes are not so tempting for not waiting for the Z550 launch.

Guys,
I got a pricing offer from a Sony Dealer for KLV40W450A @89K. What do have to say on this....is it a steal deal ??
I am kinda trying to work similar offer (I mean a very good deal) from him for 40X450A...he promised me to check if this archived model is available in the stock (he seemed positive about it) then workout a deal over it.....I am crossing my fingers...lets see.

Last edited:
Guys,
I got a pricing offer from a Sony Dealer for KLV40W450A @89K. What do have to say on this....is it a steal deal ??
I am kinda trying to work similar offer (I mean a very good deal) from him for 40X450A...he promised me to check if this archived model is available in the stock (he seemed positive about it) then workout a deal over it.....I am crossing my fingers...lets see.

well u can get the W550A for the same price.the X450A 40" version doesn't have that many advantages it has the same 100hz motionflow from W series,it has a last years panel with CCFL backlight,i believe it had the bravia 2 EX engine some what equivalent to BE3.but had superior build quality,aesthetics,sound quality,input lag.

This is an old thread but wanted to post here, since it talks about the 40W450.

Saw a few 40" today and one of the store had the SONY 40W450 for 82K. Understand that it has a BE2 iso of the current BE3 on the xxW550s'. However the 40W550 has a 10 bit panel and Live Color Creation along with WCG-CCFl backlight.

They could not however, attach Tata Sky to this 40W450, so could not tell how SD signal would look on this compared to the xxW/V550s'.

Given that the W450 has 10 bit panel, Live Color Creation along with WCG-CCFL backlight; how would this compare with the current xxW/V550 series?

Reading so many posts it seems obivious that the new BE3 has been designed grounds up unlike the BE2 which was a 'modified version' of the BE. So, immediate thought is the SD content (which is what major requirement is) scaling would be better with BE3. Is the 40W450 (10 bit panel etc.) at 82K worth it or the 40V550 at 70K would be better for SD / DVD viewing?

well i couldn't differentiate b/w the 10 bit and 8 bit to be honest,but i do notice the difference of WCG-CCFL.again it depends on the individual,whether he or she likes the colors of the WCG-CCFL.40w450A again uses a AMVA panel.

Last edited:
well i couldn't differentiate b/w the 10 bit and 8 bit to be honest,but i do notice the difference of WCG-CCFL.again it depends on the individual,whether he or she likes the colors of the WCG-CCFL.40w450A again uses a AMVA panel.

Thanks. Understand that it depends on individual for 'WCG-CCFL colors'. But what about PQ etc. for SD content between newer V550 & the earlier W450?

Thanks. Understand that it depends on individual for 'WCG-CCFL colors'. But what about PQ etc. for SD content between newer V550 & the earlier W450?

well haven't done a direct SD comparision,but the BE3 equipped v550 should be better for SD,i do remember seeing HD where the W450A appeared to be better,motion is certainly better due to 100hz it also appeared to have slightly better blacks.

well haven't done a direct SD comparision,but the BE3 equipped v550 should be better for SD,i do remember seeing HD where the W450A appeared to be better,motion is certainly better due to 100hz it also appeared to have slightly better blacks.

Thanks, same here. Could not compare the SD Tata Sky between W450 & V550. But looks like the BE3 should be the way to go as compared to BE2 having 10 bit panel & 100 Hz.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back