Sony LBT-V502 HiFi Component System- Push Switch (Sound Effect) Problem

anoop mayickal

Hii friends..
LBT V502.jpg
I am anoop, from Kollam,Kerala. I have a Sony LBT-V502 HiFi Component System (more than 25 years old). For the last 6 months its showing a problem. Sometimes one channel is not working, while checking i found the problem is with the push switch for the enhanced sound effect. Anyone heard about this device ? Can i get a replacement for these old push selector switch? Or do i have to try any cleaning solution on the switch? if so which cleaning material i have to get? I hope someone in this great platform will help me. Thank you.

anoop

You may not get an original replacement, but if you carefully take out the faulty switch (if that's the real reason) and run a check at Thakaraparambu in Trivandrum, you'd surely get something which will work as a replacement. In the past I have even been able to source selector switches for NAD 3020 amplifiers from Thakaraparambu, even though these could not be found online.

Hii friends..
View attachment 32988
I am anoop, from Kollam,Kerala. I have a Sony LBT-V502 HiFi Component System (more than 25 years old). For the last 6 months its showing a problem. Sometimes one channel is not working, while checking i found the problem is with the push switch for the enhanced sound effect. Anyone heard about this device ? Can i get a replacement for these old push selector switch? Or do i have to try any cleaning solution on the switch? if so which cleaning material i have to get? I hope someone in this great platform will help me. Thank you.

anoop
I have been using Tribo Cor TC 22 for contact cleaner and deoxit fader f series for lubricating.

Tribo Cor is an indian product so chances are you will be able to source it locally or perhaps online. First try a contact cleaner. If it fails then go for a switch change.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back