Sony LCDs @ SANE prices until stocks last.

BLASTO

Hi,

This is for heads up for people planning to get a flat panel in the coming days.

Sony has reduced prices drastically and this will be the price until all stocks are sold. With the price reduction, they are extereme VFM. When 2010 models come into the market, They will be sold at OLD prices.

This information is posted in bits and pieces in other threads and Iam starting this thread to bring it to front line.

A sony LCd can be brought at comparable samsung TV's prices or less today at all shops (including Sony showrooms).

Please post prices of individual TVs as when you come accross.

40" W series TV @ 64k.

The entire new series will be Wi-fi ready. The new series will be LX,NX,HX & EX (economy range). Old series is available at good bargains, however `am told by stores here to wait till new launch.

Maybe a result of the US court order finding the major LCD manufacturers guilty of price fixation and cartelisation? Anyway, great news for us consumers:yahoo:

Maybe a result of the US court order finding the major LCD manufacturers guilty of price fixation and cartelisation? Anyway, great news for us consumers:yahoo:

afaik the price fixing was by the lcd panel manufactures not the company using those panels in their tvs.

again the price cut in india has nothing to do with that,its due to clearence of stock.

Last edited:
so guys....what do suggest on 40S550A which is available on 55k. Should one go for it over the similarly priced other brand LCDs like Samsung, LG or Panasonic??

Earlier, I was told that this offer is only till Sakranti (14th Jan). But recently I went to buy a digital camera and saw that the offer is still going on.

so guys....what do suggest on 40S550A which is available on 55k. Should one go for it over the similarly priced other brand LCDs like Samsung, LG or Panasonic??

Earlier, I was told that this offer is only till Sakranti (14th Jan). But recently I went to buy a digital camera and saw that the offer is still going on.

I would suggest you to hold on for sometime and keep checking prices. I positively think you should get 40W550A @60K ...which is much better model in terms of PQ than 40S550A plus it is 100Hz.

the lcd that can be comparable to the 40S550A is the samsung 40B530.
well is that the best price for it didn't some say that its available for 49k.

designs of new range of TV's by SONY is looking very good. But I am afraid they will be priced very high and will be unaffordable to most indian customers.

designs of new range of TV's by SONY is looking very good. But I am afraid they will be priced very high and will be unaffordable to most indian customers.

The rumour is 2010 models will be introduced at current MRP prices listed on website. (but It is a web rumour so can't say).

Last edited:
Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back