SONY PS212A turntable

sachu888

Hi,

I want to buy a used SONY PS212A turntable.It is available in Rs 4000. I have not seen the tt,because it is in another city.Buyer claims it is in good condition.Can somebody tell me about the performance of this TT.I have a good collection of vinyl records, but my TT (Sony HP 169s) doesn't sound good.That's why I want to buy another used TT. Please advice.

Hi,

Thanks for reply, I have confirmed with the seller he is using oem cartridge.What would be the approx cost if I want to upgrade for a better cartridge.

hi Sachu,

if you do not get to audition the tt before purchase, i would not recommend buying it with the thought of upgrading the cart.

since you want a better sounding tt than the one you use, why dont you try a project audio tt. or at least go for a denon dp 29f which is no match for a project though, but atleast you will be buying something new and fully working.

regards,
Abhishek

Hi Abhishekh,

I have a very limited budget,So I can't afford Project TT .I have heard Denon 29 F, but I didn't like the sound quality.I have listen some vintage TTs which sound better than the new once.This Sony is available is only for Rs 4000/ later I can upgrade to new cart.I have ordered one technics Su 8022 Amplifier (used)from the same person it will reach in 2-3 days time.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back