Sony Psp

Rameshrao

Hi

I am interested in SONY PSP and UMD movies. Whom can I contact in Bangalore?

What is the future of SONY PSPs as video players and audio players?

Regards
H Ramesh Rao

Have you checked with the Sony World store in Bangalore? You should get the PSP there along with the movies.

Cyrus

I checked with Sony world. They are not aware of Sony PSPs. Some one in Radio House replied that SONY PSPs are not officially sold in India.

But thse are easilly available in e-bay. The url is eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

Regards
H Ramesh Rao

If Sony World does not have them then what is available is the grey market imports. When you buy from ebay.in check out the sellers reputation. Also preferably buy from a seller in the same town as you are located.

You can view the entire list of Sony PSP at eBay India - sony psp, Sony Playstation, Handeld Portable Video Games, Memory Cards items at low prices

Hi

I am interested in SONY PSP and UMD movies. Whom can I contact in Bangalore?

What is the future of SONY PSPs as video players and audio players?

Regards
H Ramesh Rao

why not switch to blue ray- the first lapton blue ray sonu vaio is altready out in mumbai & samsung will launch their blu ray player sept for around rs 40.000/== the future is blue ray maan!!!!

i m from bangalore too and i m having a japaneese version of PSP ie PSP1000 and my firmware version is 2.80. In this i can play only Region 2 versions of movies and musics only and i can play any regions games. i was also in search for UMD's and i found few in ebay.in but there are few Region 2 movies available. The Region 2 movies are for Japan , Euope and UK.

There is no official release of PSP in India , if that happens it will be Region 5.
You can buy UMD online buy visiting http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-14-71-7o-49-en.html
.There is no import duties in India for cd-roms and softwares so no worries for importing. For more informations keep in touch:)

You can purchase the UMD games from PlanetM Brigade Road and also from Gandhi Nagar Gray Market

Last edited:
i m from bangalore too and i m having a japaneese version of PSP ie PSP1000 and my firmware version is 2.80. In this i can play only Region 2 versions of movies and musics only and i can play any regions games. i was also in search for UMD's and i found few in ebay.in but there are few Region 2 movies available. The Region 2 movies are for Japan , Euope and UK.

There is no official release of PSP in India , if that happens it will be Region 5.
You can buy UMD online buy visiting http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-14-71-7o-49-en.html
.There is no import duties in India for cd-roms and softwares so no worries for importing. For more informations keep in touch:)

You can purchase the UMD games from PlanetM Brigade Road and also from Gandhi Nagar Gray Market

Thanks for the info! Really helpful.

Thanks for the info! Really helpful.

My Pleasure.

One more great info is that if you have a PSP whether its Korean, Japaneese , US, UK or Europe and having the firmware of up to 2.60 u can downgrade the version to 1.5 in which you can do what ever you want.

( The 1.5 firmware was a mistake of SONY and luck for customers who bought PSP c'se you can load whatever you want on that version i.e this version has been cracked by hackers) :D :D :D
1) you can play ISO files
2) Any regions movies
3) Home brew Games
4) other softwares which is developed by individual software coders

Simply saying it can play third party softwares .

My friend was asking for the ver 1.5. Where can it be downloaded from?

You can not roll back from existing firmware to 1.5 , but you can downgrade the existing version to 1.5. Its depends up on your existing firmware version of PSP. If you have v2.60 or low you can downgrade to 1.5. Please check your friends PSP version and get back to me. I will assist you.

You can not roll back from existing firmware to 1.5 , but you can downgrade the existing version to 1.5. Its depends up on your existing firmware version of PSP. If you have v2.60 or low you can downgrade to 1.5. Please check your friends PSP version and get back to me. I will assist you.

Hi
I am having SONY PSP of 2.6 version. What advantages and disadvantages of downgrading / or upgrading to 1.5 or 2.8 versions respectively?
Once down graded from 2.6 to 1.5 can I upgrade to 2.6 and 2.8 version again? or is it irreversible?

Regards
H Ramesh Rao

I am having SONY PSP of 2.6 version. What advantages and disadvantages of downgrading / or upgrading to 1.5 or 2.8 versions respectively?
Once down graded from 2.6 to 1.5 can I upgrade to 2.6 and 2.8 version again? or is it irreversible?

After 2.60 there were 3 updates cames from Sony ie 2.70, 2.71 and 2.80.

System Software Ver. 2.70 (April 25, 2006)
Network
Macromedia® Flash® content can now be displayed in [Internet Browser].
You must perform an activation procedure under [System Settings] to enable Flash® content to be displayed.
The system supports Macromedia® Flash® Player 6; however, some features are not supported.
[Connection Settings] has been added as a setting under [Settings] in [Internet Browser] > [Tools].
Audio content from [RSS Channel] can now be saved on Memory Stick Duo™ media.
[Automatic] has been added as an option under [Rate] in the control panel of [LocationFree™ Player]. For details on the LocationFree™ Base Station, visit http://www.sony.com/locationfree/ownerslounge/psp.

Music
A new file extension has been added to playable AAC formats.

Settings
[Enable Flash® Player] has been added as a setting under [System Settings].
You must be connected to the Internet to activate this setting.
[Enable Flash® Player] has been added as a setting under [System Settings].
[RSS Channel Settings] has been added as a setting.
[UMD™Video L/R Button] has been added as an option under [Video Settings].

Other
Certain conditions that have occurred when using Memory Stick PRO Duo™ with free (recordable) memory space of 2 GB or more are now solved.

System Software Ver. 2.71 (June 1, 2006)

Network
Using the PSP® system's [Internet Browser] feature, game demos can now be downloaded and saved on Memory Stick™ media.
The following demo is currently available for download:

LocoRoco™ demo

To download directly to a PSP® system, go to http://locorocodemo.com using your system's Internet browser.Click here to view download instructions.

To download using a PC, click here to view download instructions.
Video can now be displayed correctly when an external tuner is selected in [LocationFree™ Player].
Affects LocationFree™ base station (a Sony product sold separately) model numbers LF-B1 (sold in North America/Taiwan/Korea) and LF-X11 (sold in North America). (Refer to the instruction manual for your LocationFree™ base station to locate the model number.)
The issue that has been addressed does not affect LocationFree™ base stations sold in Japan or Europe.
For additional information, contact SCEA Consumer Services at
1-800-345-7669.

System Software Ver. 2.80

Network
- You can now download video and image content under [RSS Channel].
- You can now register devices via a wireless LAN access point under [LocationFree™ Player].

* For more information on LocationFree™ Base Station products, visit http://www.sony.com/locationfree/ownerslounge/psp.
The following game demo will be available for download (release date TBD).

Download page for World Tour Soccer 06 demo:
http://www.xxxx.xxxx

To download directly to a PSP® system, go to http://www.xxxx.xxxx using your system's Internet browser. Click here to view download instructions.

To download using a PC, click here to view download instructions.

Music
You can now play AAC files with the .3gp file extension.

Settings
[Automatic] has been added as an option under [Network Settings] > [Infrastructure Mode].

Support for the playback of content stored in [MUSIC], [PICTURE] and [VIDEO] folders at the root level of Memory Stick Duo™ media has been added.

Downgrading actually means that u r fooling around the PSP , so the PSP thinking that its a you are having a 1.5 instead of 2.6. You can upgrade anytime. But Once you upgrade from V2.6 at present there is no downgraders available. So its up to you whether you want Homebrew apps or not.

Also you have to check for the mother board type before downgrading

If you have this mother board above, there is no downgrade from v.2.6 possible. To check the mother board eject your UMD drive and look for the Number IC10003 in the mother board. If you cant find that then You are not having TA-082 Mother board and your PSP can be downgraded from 2.6

Advantage and Disadvantages:-

If you downgrade you can use Homebrew application , ie softwares and utility items created by third party developers which is not supported by Sony. You can use pirated UMD movies which saved in ISO format and you can play it from Memory Disk

At present You can Play Online games with the use of your homecomputer
GPS is available
Lots other games can be played developed by other developers. like mario, pcman etc
and lots of developments from these developers are coming........ who knows whts next !!

Disadvantages: You are risking your PSP by downgrading, There is always a chance of bricking your PSP ie while downgrading u r PSP may become dead. Your Warrenty get void. But there are lots of people who uses the downgraded firmwares to get the most out of PSP.

Sony used to upgrade the firmware and gives us new features. So if you decides not to upgrade you wont get this facilities.

Last edited:
Wildon

Thanks for a lot of useful information. You have correctly summed up advantages and disadvantages. Thanks agian for a very nice article. I will contact you gain if I need more information.

Regards
H Ramesh Rao

Firmware 2.71 downgrader released [update 1]

Dark_AleX has now shared with us a Downgrader For PSP 2.71 which will allow those who weren't smart enough to get/keep a v1.50 Firmware PSP to now downgrade their 2.71 Firmware console back to v1.50 which runs all PSP iSOs, homebrew, emulators, etc! It's important to NOTE that this will NOT work on a TA-082 motherboard and that it should only be used at your own risk.

This is the FULL version, which includes the required DOWNDATER folder and related files. Just copy the files/folders in this package to the root of your memory stick. Delete all your other photos before. Now go to the photo menu, and it will freeze and do the downgrader... wait till it completes.

[*update*]

UPDATE: Fixed a bug that would cause premature damage if the hack to force the unassign and reassign of the flash failed. This will fix the problem of broken PSPs when the screen has been red only for a moment.
http://rapidshare.de/files/31730531/Downgrader_For_PSP_2.71_r1_FULL.rar

Instructions for the 2.71 user
-------------------------------

1) Copy the files inside MS_ROOT to the root of your memory stick.

2) Wait someone with 1.50 to pass you a folder called DOWNDATER and copy it to the root of your memstick.

3) It is recomended that you have the psp at more than 50% battery and connected to AC

4) Go to the xmb photo viewer.

At this point will one of the following things:

a) You'll see a full red screen. This indicates that the downdater is doing its job.
Wait for it to finish. When it finish it will crash on purpose. Restart your psp manually
and you'll probably have a 1.50 if nothing went wrong.

b) You don't see the red screen. This indicates that the downdater code has not started
to execute. (even if the memstick blinks (or no), it doesn't matter! if the screen is not red, you can safely restart
the psp at this point).

This happen because of inestability in the tiff.
Don't worry, just restart the psp and keep trying until you reach the red screen of downdate.
The downdater code is NEVER executed partially. It's either executed totally or nothing.

It depends of "luck" but usually the downdater will start to execute in a average of 1/10 times.
Things that may increase the probabilities:

- A fresh formatted memory stick.
- A 32 MB memory stick (and fresh formatted)

Last edited:
hey guys,sorry for rehashing whats definitely a 'dead nd buried a long time ago' thread,but needed info on UMDs for the sony psp.whr may i procure some titles?i have a cracked version psp slim which plays cso/iso files of games,and wanna know do movies play(.avi/.mpeg/etc)if copied onto the same memory stick?cheers

Have you checked with the Sony World store in Bangalore? You should get the PSP there along with the movies.

Well well well.. Someone in the IT and communication ministry must be getting paid good now.. I was once told that the govt cable will come with the most number of HD channels... My bad

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back