Sony refurbished 40HX850....

hemchandran

Hi, i'm getting a sony(manufacturer) refurbished 40HX850 for 54K....... is it a good deal?.. They are offering 1 year warranty + i can get the additional 2 year warranty also. ......... your opinions/suggestion please.

54k for a 40HX850 is a very good deal. But before purchasing ask the dealer/seller about previous problem which caused them to refurbish, whether the panel was completely changed or some other issue. in case the panel s changed, you can buy it as the defective panel s been replaced by a another good one.

As suggested you csn ask the details. Depending on the gravity of the issue, you can demand additional discount. If you find it ok then ask them to give for 50k round fig.;)

Looks like there was some "low volume/speaker issue", My friend who works at sony service centre checked n confirmed this. Actually he is the one who is buying it for me. The final price is 53,320 :D

Looks like there was some "low volume/speaker issue", My friend who works at sony service centre checked n confirmed this. Actually he is the one who is buying it for me. The final price is 53,320 :D

If you can invest in a yamaha ht combo available for 20k, you would have no reason to worry. The sound will be terrific and with 3 hdmi inputs to the avr, you can integrate all of your av sources.
And the display for all of them would be the king of leds and 2012 best led award winner--40HX850:)

If you can invest in a yamaha ht combo available for 20k, you would have no reason to worry. The sound will be terrific and with 3 hdmi inputs to the avr, you can integrate all of your av sources.
And the display for all of them would be the king of leds and 2012 best led award winner--40HX850:)

@Dirac I have yamaha YHT 597. :yahoo::eek:hyeah::clapping:

Just being frank here.

I am afraid of refurbished items here in India. I am sure that most probably it is the "speaker/volume issue" but at the end of the day it is still "REFURBISHED".

No offense meant to the OP but I would not spend 50k on a refurbished product if it was the last TV in the world.

If you are paying 50K buy new but definitely not "refurbished".

Why not buy a good 50 incher new for that money like the plasma or any good LCD/LED (I know the sony 850 is a much loved model here but still......)

Once again my apologies if my opinion is a bit upsetting here.

Vinod

Last edited:

Hey dirac, which is the yamaha model you are referring to?

Just being frank here.

I am afraid of refurbished items here in India. I am sure that most probably it is the "speaker/volume issue" but at the end of the day it is still "REFURBISHED".

No offense meant to the OP but I would not spend 50k on a refurbished product if it was the last TV in the world.

Why not buy a good 50 incher new for that money like the plasma or any good LCD/LED (I know the sony 850 is a much loved model here but still......)

Vinod
The best thing to do would be to demo the piece and then make a decision. If you are going to get 1yr warranty + 2 years warranty (purchasable), I think the deal is worth it.

Just being frank here.

Vinod

You are absolutely right in the way you feel.
But the actual cost of 40hx850 is around 80k.
Moreover , which other led can be better than it when it comes to SD performance and a sublime picture with HD sources and surprisingly deep blacks?

You are absolutely right in the way you feel.
But the actual cost of 40hx850 is around 80k.
Moreover , which other led can be better than it when it comes to SD performance and a sublime picture with HD sources and surprisingly deep blacks?

I can't comment about the model in question as I am not aware of this model as I am more the plasma fan :). But I am sure it must be excellent given the good feedback it has here in this forum.

But even if someone offered me a top of the line plasma for an insanely discounted price I would still think twice. Anyway I got an offer of an Panasonic XT50 42 inches for about 41,000 but I still thought the same way (This one being a display piece).

I just hope it turns out well in this case.

Vinod

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back