SONY SA-ID7000 Vs Zebronics SW7000R

Can you guys please let me know the pro-s and cons of the following two speaker systems?
Here's the links:

SONY SA-ID7000

SA-ID7000 : Speakers : Hi-Fi Component : Sony India

ZEB-SW7000R

Zebronics - Speakers - 5.1 Multimedia Speakers - ZEB-SW7000R

Thanks in advance,:)

Avoid both of them. Buying these are waste of money IMHO, how little that sum may be. The Sony as of now is not what Sony that use to be in the 90's & early 00's.

If your budget is very tight i.e within INR 8K, look for these two 2.1 systems.

1) Altec Lansing Expressionist Ultra (For Music)

2) Logitech Z-623 (Balanced sound, better for movies & games & all rounder)

both of them are useless and crap, I myself have tasted Zebronics slightly higher version

buy either of them if and only if
1. you have no expectation in sound quality and not want any
2. budget is around 3600/-, at that money everything is more less same, all of them are equally bad
3. only to use with PC which doesn't aspire to be a theater feeling
4. normal everyday use for PC movie play back

If you are looking for a home entertainment in a decent way just stay from these

Arnab

Avoid both of them. Buying these are waste of money IMHO, how little that sum may be. The Sony as of now is not what Sony that use to be in the 90's & early 00's.

If your budget is very tight i.e within INR 8K, look for these two 2.1 systems.

1) Altec Lansing Expressionist Ultra (For Music)

2) Logitech Z-623 (Balanced sound, better for movies & games & all rounder)

Thanks a lot for your advice. Thanks to akd too(dunno how to quote both of u in the same post).

Can you suggest anything (strictly within the range u said, maybe a bit less even) which will be capable of receiving inputs from my d2h hd stb?

the d2h hd stb has provided a cable which has a black end, which is supposed to be outputting from the s/pdif out port in the stb and the other end of the cable has red yellow and white jacks.

(sorry i dont know anything about the technical stuff/phrases)

Right now the sound is coming from the tv and its really a pain to hear. So any speakers which can improve the quality will be very nice.

Also other than inputting directly from the stb, can i get better sound by some other way? I am asking this as i saw at my friend's house he has connected one phillips sound system(15 yrs old) with his tv via a cable having red yellow white ends both ways and it is giving very nice sound.

Again, thanks in advance. :)

the d2h hd stb has provided a cable which has a black end, which is supposed to be outputting from the s/pdif out port in the stb and the other end of the cable has red yellow and white jacks.

Your stb features a stereo audio output so IMHO you do not need a multi channel setup. A 2.1 system mentioned above will suffice.

Most probably those red-white-yellow are RCA male jacks. The yellow one is for video and should be plugged to the TV. The rest red & white are the stereo audio outputs.

Since the audio is mainly for TV viewing, get the Logitech Z623 from Chadni Chowk, Kolkata. There is a exclusive Logitech Store in the E-Mall is Chadni Chowk. The store is on the ground floor.

visit-logitech-kolkata-brand-store-emall-mega-shopping

Now the Z623 most probably comes with a RCA female to 3.5mm audio female adaptor, just plug that RCA male jacks of stb to the RCA female jacks(very easy since they are color coded) & then connect the 3.5mm audio input of the Z623 to the 3.5mm female of the adaptor.

These adaptors are also easily available in Chandni Chowk at Rs75.

Adaptor

Voila, and enjoy TV viewing. I am preferring Z623 since these sets are THX certified & are more optimized for movie/TV experience. I have the Logitech Z-2300 and it is too good for movies & games.

Here is a review : Techtree.com _India : Logitech_Z623

Last edited:
Your stb features a stereo audio output so IMHO you do not need a multi channel setup. A 2.1 system mentioned above will suffice.

Most probably those red-white-yellow are RCA male jacks. The yellow one is for video and should be plugged to the TV. The rest red & white are the stereo audio outputs.

Since the audio is mainly for TV viewing, get the Logitech Z623 from Chadni Chowk, Kolkata. There is a exclusive Logitech Store in the E-Mall is Chadni Chowk. The store is on the ground floor.

Now the Z623 most probably comes with a RCA female to 3.5mm audio female adaptor, just plug that RCA male jacks of stb to the RCA female jacks(very easy since they are color coded) & then connect the 3.5mm audio input of the Z623 to the 3.5mm female of the adaptor.

These adaptors are also easily available in Chandni Chowk at Rs75.

Voila, and enjoy TV viewing. I am preferring Z623 since these sets are THX certified & are more optimized for movie/TV experience. I have the Logitech Z-2300 and it is too good for movies & games.

Thanks a lot for such detailed explanation. I looked a bit on ebay for the Z623, its within range i guess. Also this one model caught my eye(mainly due to the price) Logitech 5.1 Surround Sound Speakers Z506..

Will there be a significant drop in quality in them?(common sense says it should though cz of the price), but still asking for ur advice.

Thanks a lot for such detailed explanation. I looked a bit on ebay for the Z623, its within range i guess. Also this one model caught my eye(mainly due to the price) Logitech 5.1 Surround Sound Speakers Z506..

Will there be a significant drop in quality in them?(common sense says it should though cz of the price), but still asking for ur advice.

Does your stb support 5.1? There needs to to be six RCA audio jacks then.

But you say there is only two, red & white.

Also it is far better to go for a good 2.1 than a substandard 5.1. Remember you are looking for acceptable sound quality & not number of speakers.

Last edited:
Does your stb support 5.1? There needs to to be six RCA audio jacks then.

But you say there is only two, red & white.

Also it is far better to go for a good 2.1 than a substandard 5.1. Remember you are looking for acceptable sound quality & not number of speakers.

Ok. 2.1 it is then for sure. Also can u suggest anything about the Edifier S330D?

Ok. 2.1 it is then for sure. Also can u suggest anything about the Edifier S330D?

Have no knowledge of Edifier S330D, but I have auditioned the Edifier S530. S530 is superior and even better that Z623. Edifiers are more musical.

But for TV/movies Z623 is the best bet. For music go for S530.

And then there is the Corsair SP2500. This 2.1 costs INR 12.5K.

Have no knowledge of Edifier S330D, but I have auditioned the Edifier S530. S530 is superior and even better that Z623. Edifiers are more musical.

But for TV/movies Z623 is the best bet. For music go for S530.

And then there is the Corsair SP2500. This 2.1 costs INR 12.5K.

Thanks a lot for all ur help..

Thanks a lot for all ur help..

Look, first fix your budget. It it goes to 13K, go for Corsair SP2500 or Edifier S530.

Preferences in order -> Movies/TV/Music -> Corsair SP2500
Preference in order -> Music/Movies/TV -> Edifier S530

If your budget is under INR 8K

Preferences in order -> Movies/TV/Music -> Logitech Z623
Preference in order -> Music/Movies/TV -> Altec Lansing Expressionist Ultra

All are 2.1 systems. Good luck.:)

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back