• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Sony to stop making televisions?

Audiolab M-DAC Mini

diesel engine

I am planning to buy a 40 inch TV and I am very much attracted by the specs of this Sony model KLV-40R482B, which a full HD TV. But roumors are there that Sony is to stop manufacturing TVs and smartphones due to huge losses. anybody have any info regardin this?

SPONSORED ADS

SPONSORED ADS

elangoas

Even if Sony stops production of TV, they should provide support to customers who have bough their product... Who knows, they might sell their TV division to someone...

vgrove

I am planning to buy a 40 inch TV and I am very much attracted by the specs of this Sony model KLV-40R482B, which a full HD TV. But roumors are there that Sony is to stop manufacturing TVs and smartphones due to huge losses. anybody have any info regardin this?
Although not a certainty, it is a very strong possibility. PC (VAIO) business already having gone, the TV and mobile businesses could be next. Specifically since they spun off their TV business last year. Makes it much easier to get rid of it.

To buy their products or not would be entirely your personal decision. I personally believe that even if they sell their business, they would be committed to supporting the products they have already sold or at least have the buyer take over.

Last edited:

amit

Hi, read in today's economic times that Sony is planning to set up plant in india to manufacture TVs and mobile phones based on recent budget announcements! Thx

vij

When you consider the real cost it takes to manufacture the panels and the cost at which Sony prices them, its rather surprising that they dont find it profitable.

viper08

When you consider the real cost it takes to manufacture the panels and the cost at which Sony prices them, its rather surprising that they dont find it profitable.
It will be around 10-20% of selling price. Rest they spend in Advertisement, research ,patents & warranty.

SPONSORED ADS