Sony UBP-X800 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Player (2017 Model)

Yes, bought it over the holidays. Excellent picture quality and controls. Best part is, it is a universal disc player, so if you have any DVD-Audio or SACD (or plan to get in future), it plays those as well. Plays media on my network as well. Very happy with it. Only small issue is that the remote uses IR, so needs to be pointed straight and also does not work very well from far. Coming from PS3 which uses bluetooth, that is my only complaint. Overall, highly recommend the unit, though price is now $200.

Yes, bought it over the holidays. Excellent picture quality and controls. Best part is, it is a universal disc player, so if you have any DVD-Audio or SACD (or plan to get in future), it plays those as well. Plays media on my network as well. Very happy with it. Only small issue is that the remote uses IR, so needs to be pointed straight and also does not work very well from far. Coming from PS3 which uses bluetooth, that is my only complaint. Overall, highly recommend the unit, though price is now $200.
unfortunately my friend will not be able to bring it from us... now i have to see what's the best way to import it here ...can you please tell me which voltage converter you use ?

You could also check Samsung K8500 with Dual HDMI out. Has good reviews to it n also saves you the money to upgrade the AVR if you have one which doesn't support 4k.

Don't know about that, and can't test as don't have any Indian discs.

If you can possibly download some Blu Ray content meant for Region B or C..and try to play the same via USB...you will know....

Most content available is region free or region A

If you can possibly download some Blu Ray content meant for Region B or C..and try to play the same via USB...you will know....

Most content available is region free or region A

Are you referring normal blu rays? or 4k Blu rays? I guess 4K blu ray does not have a regional encoding...

I had seen this player when I was in US a few months back(around 4 months back) and I too was tempted to buy this as at that time too it was costing around $200, but I did not buy it since it was region locked to A Region. I checked in many shops around US and (brick and mortar stores and online) but all had the one which was Region A locked, hence did not buy it.

I am pretty sure that the one that you are looking at is also Region A locked. If you get a chance to look at the outer box packing, you should be able to see the region at the back of the box, it should be written clearly there. I did not find any stores selling the region-free player.

Hope this helps.

I had seen this player when I was in US a few months back(around 4 months back) and I too was tempted to buy this as at that time too it was costing around $200, but I did not buy it since it was region locked to A Region. I checked in many shops around US and (brick and mortar stores and online) but all had the one which was Region A locked, hence did not buy it.

I am pretty sure that the one that you are looking at is also Region A locked. If you get a chance to look at the outer box packing, you should be able to see the region at the back of the box, it should be written clearly there. I did not find any stores selling the region-free player.

Hope this helps.
yes i know this is region a locked one for normal blu rays... as far as i know there are no region locking for 4k blu rays

Ideally if this is Sony's best player, it should be Universal and region free for normal BR and 4K BRs too...

My query on this thread is pretty simple one: if any one has bought it and used it....It has nothing to do with region locking....

Well if thats the case then good.....i believe all are entitled to their opinions and views here...after all thats the purpose of this forum....

well as far as i know, sony bdp(2k ones), never comes with region free ....I used s370, bought it in india, never could even make it region free......so if some one says, sony bdps comes with by default region free encoding, it is a big news for me....

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back