Sony UBP-X800M2

Did you get the player ? If you using firestick and BD player .. did you found any difference in sound performance?

Got the player today... though it arrived on 19th, couldn't pick it up from my mamas place who hand carried it for me.

Can't really say unboxing, as it was already opened for easy carrying.

Sticker on the outside said 2 bonus movies and the movies were sealed inside the box... worth 80$
The free movies thing may be random or specific to certain regions or countries. Each Best Buy seems to be getting only a few units.

First impressions are, the metal chassis unit is solid and has weight... and I’m a sucker for build quality.
No HDMI cable included... the power cord is attached to unit rather than a separate cord and a simple looking remote..

1566747908372.jpeg

1566747948503.jpeg

1566747967747.jpeg

Will hook up and post updates...

Did you get the player ? If you using firestick and BD player .. did you found any difference in sound performance?
I have done many comparisons side by side with my sony blu ray player and firestick. There was a huge difference in performance and mine is just a basic entry level blu ray player.

I have done many comparisons side by side with my sony blu ray player and firestick. There was a huge difference in performance and mine is just a basic entry level blu ray player.

Just consider the Youtube with same song/scene is there difference ? is it worth to get premium BDR

Just consider the Youtube with same song/scene is there difference ? is it worth to get premium BDR
Yeah but since YouTube audio quality is bad not much difference. Only the volume level will be better in the Blu-ray player. You don’t have to go for a premium Blu-ray player. The 10k ones will do the job and Sony 700 4K player is good. Available for 23k

That's some logical thinking and practical choice hydrovac!

So, earlier DUNE 4K media player, and now 4K Blu ray.
Looks like you are heading towards 4K UHD set up... what about the display?

Have you hooked up the player yet...? if so, we are eager to hear about the impressions.

Thanks Haribabu,

Yes, this is an amazing universal player... have you auditioned this model?

I tested the SONY X-800M2 in my existing set up by replacing the Panasonic DMP-BDT360GA. Played the 4K disk on1080p display.

Jumanji
1567018853052.jpeg

4K from hard drive via DUNE 4K duo
Beauty and the Beast
1567018952656.jpeg

1567019125044.jpeg

That's some logical thinking and practical choice hydrovac!

So, earlier DUNE 4K media player, and now 4K Blu ray. Looks like you are heading towards 4K UHD set up... what about the display?

Have you hooked up the player yet...? if so, we are eager to hear about the impressions.

Though i am upgrading to 4K sources, still have a 1080p display.
Currently watching on 2.4:1 in poor mans lens mode, ie. zoom method to fill the screen.

I am more than happy with the current image quality. No plans to upgrade the display to 4K yet.
My goal is to experience the image in full glory by installing an Anamorphic lens.

A preowned lens came up for sale and negotiations to buy the same is on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Haribabu,

Yes, this is an amazing universal player... have you auditioned this model?

I tested the SONY X-800M2 in my existing set up by replacing the Panasonic DMP-BDT360GA. Played the 4K disk on1080p display.

Jumanji
View attachment 38604

4K from hard drive via DUNE 4K duo
Beauty and the Beast
View attachment 38605

View attachment 38606

I have the same series model (x700) which has buit-in the same audio/video codecs.
only thing is that you have to use high end 4K HDMI cables, for best audio quality use separate HDMI for Audio to connect AVR.
Happy listening

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back