Sony wireless BDV-N7200 HT?

n70me

Hi,

Iam planning to get sony BDV-N7200 which will be my first HT. Experts can you please provide your feedback on this model. I have chosen this model as it has wireless rear speakers which looks decent enough that the wired ones in the living room. Also, most of the sony models has good connectivity options. Anyone using this model please provide your feedback and especially share your DTH experience as iam planning to use this primarily with DTH.

Also, do we have similar wireless rear speaker options in Yamaha?My budget upto 40K.

Please suggest.

Its looks very nice ..but i've not listened to it so i cant able to review it ..
Normally for good audio we dont recommend sony products available in India..
Before purchasing this model ,just try to audition it and other brands like Yamaha YHT 196/299/2910 models and denon X500 or onkyoor Pioneer HTib systems ..
However If u have fixed ur mind and liked the performance of sony go for it ...

Also remember that wireless also requires electrical wires to power up the speakers (as done in Violet home theater system) ..and this is new technology emerging ..so the releability for the new products is questionable...thinkwise categorise ur requirements ,audition and decide it wiesely..

Dear n70me

This model is average at best.

My humble advice is to go and audition at least 4-5 different HT systems.

Also keeping in mind that in most of the cases, you end up listening to more music on your HT then watching movies so a more versatile and dynamic HT is always better.

Guys at showrooms tend to overwhelm you with a lot of thundering and teeth jarring bass so while auditioning a HT always insist in playing a variety of movies and again insist that they audition their system by playing BD / DVD which are available in market not their demo media which tends to be designed for highlighting their systems capabilities.

Yamaha HT are more natural and good sounding IMHO.

Pick your choices after a good listening only.

cheers

PS : wireless, is not wireless at all as our Fm RajithKumar pointed out also go for wireless only if it's absolutely necessary.
this technology is still refining.

Last edited:
Thanks.

Also, does the room size really matter in deciding a HT? My room size is rectangular one 27* 10.5 feet which i believe is little big ? Can anyone suggest if sony BDV-N7200 or yamaha 299 a gud choice?

Definitely Yamaha YHT 299 is a better system .. ur room size seems large .. Room size matters ..u need to increase ur budget for best audio experience..

Back