soul curry..

A few pics. Need another rack
The chain -
Acoustic Portrait CD Transport
Acoustic Portrait Thiyaga DAC (To be replaced soon....)
Classe CP-35 (Hunt on for a fully balanced tube based or passive pre. Suggestions welcome)
Trigon MRE 50 Monoblocks (simply superb........)
Usher - S520 (Ports plugged)
Power Cables - ASI Reference Livelines for Source, Lapp Kabel for Classe & Trigon's own PCs for monos
ICs - ASI livelines Reference SE & regular SE
Speaker Cables - Townshend Isolda DCT

Nice looking setup! I assume the Ushers are placeholders for the time being?

Thanks ROC. I have decided on the make. Yet to finalise the model. Could take a while though.

a change of dancing shoes...on a loaner....Made in Suomi ( Finland )
==============================================

Amphion : a musician of Greek mythology who builds the walls of Thebes by charming the stones into place with his lyre

They built the walls around the Cadmea, the citadel of Thebes. While Zethus struggled to carry his stones, Amphion played his lyre and his stones followed after him and gently glided into place.

- wikipedia..
===========================================

look forward to spending some time with this little speaker - Amphion 410

regards

Last edited by a moderator:
am not sure i am qualified enough to make a review but i will try to write a few paras on these.

I heard these at my house many moons ago for a couple of hours - the amp was the same - and now i get a chance to live with these.

actually - living with the Amphion 410 is a very nice experience indeed.

The speaker excels at :-

clarity & resolution

digs out low level information very well - one wonders if there is a subwoofer at play !

can boogie - is very fast

plays most music very well - with the exception of "hot" hindi recordings which shows up

The above trait means that my system is able to "peer" into the recording and has the ability to differentiate between a good recording and a not so good one.

This trait is the "holy grail" of audiophilia isnt it ??

The ability to peer thru the recordings that is.

Dont let the dimunitive size fool you.

Feed it a good source and a decent amp like Naim nait 5i-2 or Rega brio-R maybe and you have the ideal music system for a 2.5 BHK Mumbai home. I dont think you will crave for more.

If you need more then you need to be living in a bigger space.

The speakers are 17 inch from the rear wall and have side wall near the right speaker at a distance of about 5 ft.

have heard a variety of music on the system and this is quite an under rated and under discussed small speaker.

I would like to hook up my TT and listen to some records on this system but the TT isnt coming out for some time now due to space constraints.

regards

low volume playback is very resolving and this is a very nice quality in this speaker.

regards

the lovely amphion 410 are gone back to their owner and the JBL control 1's are back... but this time with covering heavy artillery fire !!

I should have used the sealed sub which i had with me with them a long time ago..:)

The driver is turned towards the left front speaker since my listening area is small and it looks better this way and doesnt dominate the room visually.

regards..

Last edited by a moderator:
Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back