Sound King SK 9000

To the best of my knowledge* Ayima is a Chinese Class D amp manufacturer while Norge is a Class AB amp, so no direct comparisons here . Its "Efficiency with high Wattage numbers" vs "Quality at moderate Watts".
Sound King is also making Class AB amp, but at a cheaper price point than Norge. Didn't see any speaker protection circuit in both SK and Norge. But, I have read somewhere that Norge offers spk prot. ckt. as an addon extra cost(1500 Rs)
*I have not personally auditioned any of these amps
My Norge amp is with speaker protection circuit. They have started giving this protection circuit from few years. I have no idea about soundking but I think as the videos of you tube depict there is some fuse protection at the back near binding post (model SK2500 etc)

Those towers are sealed. Sweton woofer, Argox sub both 8inches and a dienty 3inch tweeter. Cross over is of sweton. Sweton speaker company located in Kolkotta pure 100%Indian 😀 much better than those sony, pioneer jbl etc made in Vietnam or of Chinese crap. Even I paired Sweton car speakers 6x9 inch with pioneer head unit very good effect 😀. Just 2k for the speaters. No shiny boxes No adds just quality. Sweton has a😀website online flawless transaction. Item will reach your home well packed. And those Bookshelves are Akkai vintage ported. Very well tuned. 8 feet between them. Listening position 15 feet. Normal listening. But higher volume my windows start shattering also my wife will through me out of the house😂. As you know women hate bass and higher volumes. They love only that crap bigg boss😡😡
Yes, I am very much aware of sweton speakers. Few days back I saw some of their you tube videos on the speakers knowledge. Came to know about them from another you tube channel called Techno sense. So good to see your love for "Apne desh ka product" and that too in a car audio system where the "after market" is flooded with cheap Chinese systems. I have stock company fitted system in my car (Baleno) A touch screen of Bosch and speakers of kenwood, 2 in front door + two tweeters, 2 in back door & no tweeters, I think Bosch and kenwood are standard OEM audio of Maruti cars. And about women and technical audio systems or vehicles/scooty's, the less said is better. God only knows the answer.

Those towers are sealed. Sweton woofer, Argox sub both 8inches and a dienty 3inch tweeter. Cross over is of sweton. Sweton speaker company located in Kolkotta pure 100%Indian 😀 much better than those sony, pioneer jbl etc made in Vietnam or of Chinese crap. Even I paired Sweton car speakers 6x9 inch with pioneer head unit very good effect 😀. Just 2k for the speaters. No shiny boxes No adds just quality. Sweton has a😀website online flawless transaction. Item will reach your home well packed. And those Bookshelves are Akkai vintage ported. Very well tuned. 8 feet between them. Listening position 15 feet. Normal listening. But higher volume my windows start shattering also my wife will through me out of the house😂. As you know women hate bass and higher volumes. They love only that crap bigg boss😡😡
Have you done DIY for these towers. Such speakers are rare to see these days. Please give some details on how we can go about it.

The heat-sinks (in the Norge 1000 Gold Stereo amp) are tiny and not build for 4 ohms load- Rod Elliott's comments
Please can you post a link to Rod Elliott's comments

There are strong rumours, or rather in today's political climate credible allegations, that Norge amps are based on the P3A circuit

There are strong rumours, or rather in today's political climate credible allegations, that Norge amps are based on the P3A circuit
They are based (read copied without permission for commercial use) on Rod Elliot's design. Heatsinks are also flimsy, a simple CPU cooling fan maybe required.
1701486350396.png

"A pair of these amps will be quite happy with a 0.5°C/W heatsink for normal hi-fi use if the quiescent current is maintained at the minimum recommended of 20mA. You will probably be able to get away with a smaller heatsink if the supply voltage is reduced to ±30V, but you have to ask yourself if it's worth it. For higher quiescent current or if you expect to push the amp, use a larger heatsink. Consider using a fan if you are going to push the amp hard. Remember - there is no such thing as a heatsink that is too big."
Power (42V supplies, 8 ohm load)
filler.gif
90W
Power (35V supplies, 8 ohm load) 60W
Power (35V supplies, 4 ohm load)100W
Operation into 4 ohm loads is not recommended with the 42V supplies. Peak dissipation will exceed 110W in each output transistor, leaving no safety margin with typical inductive loads.
- https://sound-au.com/project3a.htm

I'm also in the process of making a P3A design based amp , dual monobloc with independent PSU. From PCB to transformer making , everything DIY. Once its finished , I will share the details of my build in the DIY section and maybe compare it with the original Norge 1000 amp of some FM

Last edited:
Have you done DIY for these towers. Such speakers are rare to see these days. Please give some details on how we can go about it.
Yes towers were made by me only 😀 its sealed. 3inch dienty tweeter, 8 inch Sweton woofer, and 8 inch Argox Sub woofer. 3 way Cross over of sweton. Baffle size H 48" W 10" D 10" material plywood. Inside wall covered with 1" sponge and sparingly stuffed with polyfil. I had some issue with midrange speaker getting disturbed by woofer cone vibration. So I replaced the midrange with woofer so the problem solved. If you are making a tower then make sure you make a dedicated sealed chamber for midrange. Or use a rear metal sealed midrange.
In vitage hi fi systems to use the maximum of available limited output they used to tune the boxes by using pulpwood material not more than half inch thickness so that the box resonance is added to the sound to make it loud.

My Norge amp is with speaker protection circuit. They have started giving this protection circuit from few years. I have no idea about soundking but I think as the videos of you tube depict there is some fuse protection at the back near binding post (model SK2500 etc)

Attachments

• 20231130_122118.jpg
    20231130_122118.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 17
  • 20231130_122115.jpg
    20231130_122115.jpg
    188.9 KB · Views: 17
Transformer voltage 24-0-24 AC = +/- 31.84 DC (33.84 -2V diode drop) post rectification, while the capacitors are rated for 35V

Yes towers were made by me only 😀 its sealed. 3inch dienty tweeter, 8 inch Sweton woofer, and 8 inch Argox Sub woofer. 3 way Cross over of sweton. Baffle size H 48" W 10" D 10" material plywood. Inside wall covered with 1" sponge and sparingly stuffed with polyfil. I had some issue with midrange speaker getting disturbed by woofer cone vibration. So I replaced the midrange with woofer so the problem solved. If you are making a tower then make sure you make a dedicated sealed chamber for midrange. Or use a rear metal sealed midrange.
In vitage hi fi systems to use the maximum of available limited output they used to tune the boxes by using pulpwood material not more than half inch thickness so that the box resonance is added to the sound to make it loud.
I have no intention of doing such technical DIY. I am a totally non technical person with some basic knowledge of audio related stuff. In future if I have to buy some of these vintage kind of big box sealed or vented speaker then I will get it done by a professional or maybe take a plunge into some readymade Indian speakers if they are good. Right now I have bookshelf speakers (Wharfedale Evo 4.1 and Elac debut 5 series) and I am very much satisfied with the performance as I am not crazy about extraordinary bass. I had sonodyne 3 way towers (Sonus 2605 Version1), used those for 15 years and then given it away to a known person.

Last edited:
Value for money amplifier. Its with 4 MOSFET 100+100 watt. With loudness control. Well made amp. As all we know there is no rocket science in making of amp. Just basics. And Sound king did it quite well. Worth trying. 3 year old no problems yet. With USB and remote. All working fine. Remote only for USB function. Very good bass and treble. No humming in 12 o clock position of volume without source. Drives 10inch subs in each big bookshelves. Very punchy Amplifier. 😀😀 its not for those Audiophile who search for those non existing frequency with gold cables 🤪 initially it was on Amazon. But now its available with Doogesound online. Amazon it had 5 star rating I think its 6k now.
Nice read. by the way is this car crossover you are using (7 bands), or it comes for home audio?

To the best of my knowledge* Ayima is a Chinese Class D amp manufacturer while Norge is a Class AB amp, so no direct comparisons here . Its "Efficiency with high Wattage numbers" vs "Quality at moderate Watts".
Sound King is also making Class AB amp, but at a cheaper price point than Norge. Didn't see any speaker protection circuit in both SK and Norge. But, I have read somewhere that Norge offers spk prot. ckt. as an addon extra cost(1500 Rs)
*I have not personally auditioned any of these amps
Hi, why at all speaker protection needed 🤔 its like adding unnecessary component to the circuit. Old school Technics, Akkai, Denon etc never had this item. It comes into play only when the speaker wires shorted. And the start up delay won't make any difference. This is my thought

Hi, why at all speaker protection needed 🤔 its like adding unnecessary component to the circuit. Old school Technics, Akkai, Denon etc never had this item. It comes into play only when the speaker wires shorted. And the start up delay won't make any difference. This is my thought
A speaker protection and muting circuit is installed between a DC coupled audio power amplifier output and the speaker. Its main purpose is to disconnect the speakers as soon as a large DC voltage that can damage the speaker is present at the output of the amplifier.
Other purpose- Short circuit , over current, over temperature, clipping protection
I have 1982 Technics SA380 which has over current protection only.
Speakers are expensive to replace when compared to output stage transistors and fuses are slow to react - usually after significant damage has been done

Nice read. by the way is this car crossover you are using (7 bands), or it comes for home audio?
Its car equalizer 7bands. I use 12 volts adapter to power it. As Norge lacks bass and highs I just tweek them up with this 😀 Norge is purely a Voice centered (mid) amp. Gazals sound ultimate

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back