Sound King SK 9000

changappa

Value for money amplifier. Its with 4 MOSFET 100+100 watt. With loudness control. Well made amp. As all we know there is no rocket science in making of amp. Just basics. And Sound king did it quite well. Worth trying. 3 year old no problems yet. With USB and remote. All working fine. Remote only for USB function. Very good bass and treble. No humming in 12 o clock position of volume without source. Drives 10inch subs in each big bookshelves. Very punchy Amplifier. 😀😀 its not for those Audiophile who search for those non existing frequency with gold cables 🤪 initially it was on Amazon. But now its available with Doogesound online. Amazon it had 5 star rating I think its 6k now.

Attachments

• 17007514039442698195078234579088.jpg
    17007514039442698195078234579088.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 104
  • 17007516488203347806835540689932.jpg
    17007516488203347806835540689932.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 102
Thanks for this introduction to this brand. Now at least someone can search and get result for soundking. I even have an Indian amplifier by Norge. Earlier I had used foreign brands like NAD and Cambridge Audio. No doubt the performance of those amps were very good but cost of repair is what put big holes in the pocket. Moreover the performance is dependent on various factors like set up, quality of cables, source etc. Indian amplifiers are looked down by majority of users (general opinion). I have used couple of Indian components and I find them to be of decent quality and at a very reasonable price. My present pairing is Norge concerto gold 1000 amplifier and Wharfedale Evo 4.1 speakers mounted on sound foundation speaker stands. Speaker cables by DAC (12 awg). Source is CD played on a Pioneer DVD player routed through an external DAC (Schiit Modi 3) connected with a coaxial cable. There is media player by WD that is connected to the TV, mainly used for flac or mp3 music files. The TV is connected to the amp through a SPDIF Fiber optic cable and streaming of amazon prime music is routed through the DAC. Also one dedicated tuner by DNM that is directly connected to amplifier. All cables (analog and digital) are by MX (mdr electronics). So majorly many Indian brands in my set up and I do not feel they lack in any way. The best is they can be replaced, repaired at a reasonable /affordable cost.

Last edited:
Value for money amplifier. Its with 4 MOSFET 100+100 watt. With loudness control. Well made amp. As all we know there is no rocket science in making of amp. Just basics. And Sound king did it quite well. Worth trying. 3 year old no problems yet. With USB and remote. All working fine. Remote only for USB function. Very good bass and treble. No humming in 12 o clock position of volume without source. Drives 10inch subs in each big bookshelves. Very punchy Amplifier. 😀😀 its not for those Audiophile who search for those non existing frequency with gold cables 🤪 initially it was on Amazon. But now its available with Doogesound online. Amazon it had 5 star rating I think its 6k now.
As per the pic posted, please look into your speaker placement that is in the cabinet, the one with brown colour speaker grill. Looks very cramped as if there is no space for the sound to flow freely. Same goes for the towers (black colour grill). I think the placement of speakers even though they are the vintage sealed box type should be in a way so that there is space all around at least 6 " to 12". Just my opinion otherwise you are the best judge for your set up.

Thanks for this introduction to this brand. Now at least someone can search and get result for soundking. I even have an Indian amplifier by Norge. Earlier I had used foreign brands like NAD and Cambridge Audio. No doubt the performance of those amps were very good but cost of repair is what put big holes in the pocket. Moreover the performance is dependent on various factors like set up, quality of cables, source etc. Indian amplifiers are looked down by majority of users (general opinion). I have used couple of Indian components and I find them to be of decent quality and at a very reasonable price. My present pairing is Norge concerto gold 1000 amplifier and Wharfedale Evo 4.1 speakers mounted on sound foundation speaker stands. Speaker cables by DAC (12 awg). Source is CD played on a Pioneer DVD player routed through an external DAC (Schiit Modi 3) connected with a coaxial cable. There is media player by WD that is connected to the TV, mainly used for flac or mp3 music files. The TV is connected to the amp through a SPDIF Fiber optic cable and streaming of amazon prime music is routed through the DAC. Also one dedicated tuner by DNM that is directly connected to amplifier. All cables (analog and digital) are by MX (mdr electronics). So majorly many Indian brands in my set up and I do not feel they lack in any way. The best is they can be replaced, repaired at a reasonable /affordable cost.
Sir, I had already posted my query related to AIYIMA amps and Norge Concerto Gold 1000 amp here yesterday. Since you are using it, like to know your opinion:
Are Norge amps a better buy even today? In fact I've got the latest quotation from them. They also have matching speakers.
Hope you will guide me 🙏
(Dooge Sound amps & speakers seems to be of fair quality. I've gone through their website and reviews on YouTube)

Sir, I had already posted my query related to AIYIMA amps and Norge Concerto Gold 1000 amp here yesterday. Since you are using it, like to know your opinion:
Are Norge amps a better buy even today? In fact I've got the latest quotation from them. They also have matching speakers.
Hope you will guide me 🙏
(Dooge Sound amps & speakers seems to be of fair quality. I've gone through their website and reviews on YouTube)
Norge amps are old school type, pure analog. They are obviously a good choice for Low to mid budget audio set ups. You might have to add an additional DAC for modern connectivity features. Cannot say much on their speakers as I was already having Wharfedale and Elac speaker sets but as far as the audition goes I found their bookshelf spks decent enough. Please go through my full review on this forum about Norge amplifier experience. I have no personal experience of doogesound and Aiyima and do not go by you tube reviews, majority of the times those are paid reviews.

Iam also using Norge 1000 gold. Connectrd to Elac 6.2. Recently added wiimpro.Usng belden8477 speaker cable.
Hope you will guide me 🙏
ece

Norge amps are old school type, pure analog. They are obviously a good choice for Low to mid budget audio set ups. You might have to add an additional DAC for modern connectivity features. Cannot say much on their speakers as I was already having Wharfedale and Elac speaker sets but as far as the audition goes I found their bookshelf spks decent enough. Please go through my full review on this forum about Norge amplifier experience. I have no personal experience of doogesound and Aiyima and do not go by you tube reviews, majority of the times those are paid reviews.

I read your reviews and replies in many other threads. You've a great experience with many audio systems. And I am happy to follow your advice.
I also can't trust those mini chini amps.
Also can't afford to experiment.
Now I am a regular visitor on hifivision and ASR forum. But Amir Sir, there recommends many of these mini amps.
Thanks again Sir. Have a great Sunday 🙏

Iam also using Norge 1000 gold. Connectrd to Elac 6.2. Recently added wiimpro.Usng belden8477 speaker cable.

ece
So you are also a happy with this Norge amp. I've found many of our esteemed FMs vouching for it. That says a lot.
Thanks Sir. Happy Dev Deepawali 🙏

I read your reviews and replies in many other threads. You've a great experience with many audio systems. And I am happy to follow your advice.
I also can't trust those mini chini amps.
Also can't afford to experiment.
Now I am a regular visitor on hifivision and ASR forum. But Amir Sir, there recommends many of these mini amps.
Thanks again Sir. Have a great Sunday 🙏
There are many great reviews on you tube about these class D amps. There are many advantages like size, efficiency (90%), low power consumption. It is entirely your choice. any new and upcoming technology takes it's own good time to settle in the minds of people. The class D amps are there since a very-very long time, used in Lcd & led panel tv's, sound bars, BT speakers and any other small compact devices. I have never heard any of these kind of stand alone amps however I have seen and heard few blue tooth speakers and tv's and frankly I do not like the sound of any as it is not well defined, the most horrible are the small BT speakers. I somehow even do not like the sound of my Sony Tv and I use my regular amplifier and headphones for Tv audio. I personally like the sound signature of class A and class AB circuit amplifiers. You can look into Norge model "Professional series 2060" the most sold model of theirs, very reasonably priced, 60w per channel power and good enough for small to medium rooms. I have even heard this model in the audition. So all the best and take a well informed decision as you will be most probably ordering it online.

There are many great reviews on you tube about these class D amps. There are many advantages like size, efficiency (90%), low power consumption. It is entirely your choice. any new and upcoming technology takes it's own good time to settle in the minds of people. The class D amps are there since a very-very long time, used in Lcd & led panel tv's, sound bars, BT speakers and any other small compact devices. I have never heard any of these kind of stand alone amps however I have seen and heard few blue tooth speakers and tv's and frankly I do not like the sound of any as it is not well defined, the most horrible are the small BT speakers. I somehow even do not like the sound of my Sony Tv and I use my regular amplifier and headphones for Tv audio. I personally like the sound signature of class A and class AB circuit amplifiers. You can look into Norge model "Professional series 2060" the most sold model of theirs, very reasonably priced, 60w per channel power and good enough for small to medium rooms. I have even heard this model in the audition. So all the best and take a well informed decision as you will be most probably ordering it online.
You are right Sir, class AB is the universal standard for optimum sound quality and power efficiency. But class D has become the new standard. Sir Norge 2060 also comes in a BT version, but there's no "Professional" title given by them.
It's there in Norge 1200 Professional Pre Power Amp series: their most powerful one. I assume that all their models are class AB, only difference is in their power outputs. So isn't the "1200 series" their best one ? Being able to produce a clear audio even at lower volumes. With better heat dissipation/management.
Am I right ? As I said it would be for a long time use. Happy new week Sir 🙏

You are right Sir, class AB is the universal standard for optimum sound quality and power efficiency. But class D has become the new standard. Sir Norge 2060 also comes in a BT version, but there's no "Professional" title given by them.
It's there in Norge 1200 Professional Pre Power Amp series: their most powerful one. I assume that all their models are class AB, only difference is in their power outputs. So isn't the "1200 series" their best one ? Being able to produce a clear audio even at lower volumes. With better heat dissipation/management.
Am I right ? As I said it would be for a long time use. Happy new week Sir 🙏
You are right. There is a BT version in the 2060 series but when I checked with them the version of BT was 4.2, do not go for that if you want better connectivity. If they have changed the BT version to 5.0 & above then it will definitely be a better choice. If you plan to buy the amp in it's most simplistic form then buy an external DAC that has bluetooth and all other digital inputs. This will help you to connect most of the devices to that DAC via bluetooth, fibre optic or coaxial. Some dac's even have hdmi arc input. Check at headphone zone site, you will get some decent model that will solve your purpose. About Norge pre-power combo 1200 series, I have not heard it personally but when it comes to pre -power separate components and that too by the same company it is bound to be good, will present music much better then an Integrated amplifier. If you have space to keep two components you can go ahead with it. Their pricing is also very decent, will not make holes in the pocket. And Yes, all models are class AB. Talk to Laxman of Norge and clear all your doubts before any final decision. Mobile/What's app - 9167782424

You are right. There is a BT version in the 2060 series but when I checked with them the version of BT was 4.2, do not go for that if you want better connectivity. If they have changed the BT version to 5.0 & above then it will definitely be a better choice. If you plan to buy the amp in it's most simplistic form then buy an external DAC that has bluetooth and all other digital inputs. This will help you to connect most of the devices to that DAC via bluetooth, fibre optic or coaxial. Some dac's even have hdmi arc input. Check at headphone zone site, you will get some decent model that will solve your purpose. About Norge pre-power combo 1200 series, I have not heard it personally but when it comes to pre -power separate components and that too by the same company it is bound to be good, will present music much better then an Integrated amplifier. If you have space to keep two components you can go ahead with it. Their pricing is also very decent, will not make holes in the pocket. And Yes, all models are class AB. Talk to Laxman of Norge and clear all your doubts before any final decision. Mobile/What's app - 9167782424
So kind of you, for giving detailed information. I'm already in contact with them through email. They also said to talk with Laxman Sir. I will be doing the same.
Thanks again Sir 🙏

As per the pic posted, please look into your speaker placement that is in the cabinet, the one with brown colour speaker grill. Looks very cramped as if there is no space for the sound to flow freely. Same goes for the towers (black colour grill). I think the placement of speakers even though they are the vintage sealed box type should be in a way so that there is space all around at least 6 " to 12". Just my opinion otherwise you are the best judge for your set up.
Those towers are sealed. Sweton woofer, Argox sub both 8inches and a dienty 3inch tweeter. Cross over is of sweton. Sweton speaker company located in Kolkotta pure 100%Indian 😀 much better than those sony, pioneer jbl etc made in Vietnam or of Chinese crap. Even I paired Sweton car speakers 6x9 inch with pioneer head unit very good effect 😀. Just 2k for the speaters. No shiny boxes No adds just quality. Sweton has a😀website online flawless transaction. Item will reach your home well packed. And those Bookshelves are Akkai vintage ported. Very well tuned. 8 feet between them. Listening position 15 feet. Normal listening. But higher volume my windows start shattering also my wife will through me out of the house😂. As you know women hate bass and higher volumes. They love only that crap bigg boss😡😡

Attachments

• 20231011_100451.jpg
    20231011_100451.jpg
    186.5 KB · Views: 48
  • 20231011_100603.jpg
    20231011_100603.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 37
  • 20231011_100505.jpg
    20231011_100505.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 36
  • 20231011_100358.jpg
    20231011_100358.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 47
The class D amps are there since a very-very long time, used in Lcd & led panel tv's, sound bars, BT speakers and any other small compact devices.
Anywhere and everywhere nowadays but not recommended with speakers having sensitive tweeters unless the Class D amp is from a reputed brands like Hypex

I had already posted my query related to AIYIMA amps and Norge Concerto Gold 1000 amp here yesterday
To the best of my knowledge* Ayima is a Chinese Class D amp manufacturer while Norge is a Class AB amp, so no direct comparisons here . Its "Efficiency with high Wattage numbers" vs "Quality at moderate Watts".
Sound King is also making Class AB amp, but at a cheaper price point than Norge. Didn't see any speaker protection circuit in both SK and Norge. But, I have read somewhere that Norge offers spk prot. ckt. as an addon extra cost(1500 Rs)
*I have not personally auditioned any of these amps

To the best of my knowledge* Ayima is a Chinese Class D amp manufacturer while Norge is a Class AB amp, so no direct comparisons here . Its "Efficiency with high Wattage numbers" vs "Quality at moderate Watts".
Sound King is also making Class AB amp, but at a cheaper price point than Norge. Didn't see any speaker protection circuit in both SK and Norge. But, I have read somewhere that Norge offers spk prot. ckt. as an addon extra cost(1500 Rs)
*I have not personally auditioned any of these amps
I thought speaker protection circuit is mandatory/standard. Also AB class amps need proper heat sink/fan for dissipation.
Today I read an old, very detailed review by "digit". The heat-sinks (in the Norge 1000 Gold Stereo amp) are tiny and not build for 4 ohms load- Rod Elliott's comment. They added two 80mm fans to cool the amp. "Never use speakers less than 8 ohms and never to go past 50% volume with this amp"- they were adviced by experienced audio experts.
However they were all praises for Norge's build to last quality, fascinating, musical and 160 watts of raw continuous power output. Thanks Sir for your guidance 🙏

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back