sound suggestions for an irregular room

The dimensions are 5ft (L) by 1.5ft (W) by 1.5ft (H). The weight would be >15Kgs. The cabinet is sitting on base of two wooden strips 1 inch thick running along the width.

Just for my understanding, if the base is heavy & stable, how does minimizing surface area of contact with the ground help reduce resonance?

The vibrations will not travel upwards with just a tiny surface area in contact.

I thought you said the cabinet was also resonating did you not? If its solid and heavy then you can try attaching small spikes to your amp with stick-on. Very easy to apply and affix.

Regards

I thought you said the cabinet was also resonating did you not? If its solid and heavy then you can try attaching small spikes to your amp with stick-on. Very easy to apply and affix.

My bad, when I said amplifier cabinet, I was referring to the metal casing the amplifier circuit sits in. Sorry for the confusion! Let me try to find spikes for the amp. Thanks for your suggestions!

Should I look out for rubber bushes, or is a thick rubber sheet better? Any minimum recommended thickness? Can rubber be used under the amp too?

P.S: Reminds me that I've seen rubber sheets used as cushion while fastening heavy machinery to the ground. Is that done to dampen the vibrations too?

Since your components are sitting on 4 legs, thats where the vibrations originate. So if you can find bushes then its better. You will also need some space between your speakers and the floor. So bushes are better. Haven't your speakers come with this as an option? I thought most speakers did these days.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back