Sound system under 30K budget

basudev02

Hello Everyone

I am new to this forum, and I have hardly any knowledge about good sound systems. I am planning to buy a system under Rs 30K budget. Mainly I will connect the system to my laptop to listen to music and watch movies.

I see three options in hifimart.com now:

1. Scansonic MiniMate Hi-Fi System costing Rs 22,500 after 25%.

2. Sonodyne PQube 201 costing Rs 23,500.

3. TAGA Harmony TAV-406 v.2 Set looks good with a price tag Rs 23,900. But I think I will need an amplifier for it to work. Any suggestion that would make the whole system around Rs 30K?

Any other suggestion will be appreciated. Please mention also the buying options. I am living in Hyderabad.

Thanks in advance!

Best

Basudev

you can try Cambridge Audio AM10 + wharfdale bookshelf. Check HTStore.in also for amplifier + bookshelf speaker.

Hi basudev,

If you are open to pre owned systems, look at the For Sale by Owner section or Hi Fi Ads..good stuff at reasonable prices....

Wharfdale bookshelf 210 looks a good option with 15.2 K price tag: Bookshelf/Monitor

However, Cambridge Topaz AM10 is quite out of the budget (22.5K): Integrated Amplifiers

How about Wharfdale 210 (15.2 K) + Cambridge Topaz AM5 (15.5 K) = 30.7K?

Anyone has experience with Sanasonic? This looks a budget system to me: Scansonic MiniMate Hi-Fi System

Swans M50 also looks a good option.

Thanks everyone, btw.

efernand1, I am quite open to used stuffs, if some sort of quality control is assured. I can go for a good amplifier with an affordable price tag (<10 K). I will look around...

Looks like you have two threads going for the same requirement. Pasting my response from the other thread. http://www.hifivision.com/what-should-i-buy/62623-sound-system-under-25k.html#post691730

It all depends on how far you are thinking to go with the system. Apart from these below are few more options you can decide upon

1. Yamaha MCR-232BL Micro Component System - 39,499.00 + Delivery charges

2. Yamaha YHT-299 Home Theater Package - 38,999.00 + Delivery charges

3. Bose SoundTouch 10 Wireless Music System - 19,013.00 FREE Delivery

4. You may also consider the Sony Mini HiFi systems starting at around 15k.

5. Browse through the Hi Fi Classified, OLX, etc and pick your components.

Keep us updated on your decisions.

MaSh

Hi MaSh

Thanks for the info.

Yes, I created the second thread thinking that the first thread was not created (there was a flash message that it will be reviewed by a moderator which I did not notice). I request the moderator the delete the other thread.

Basudev

Hello Everyone

I was wondering if it is worth to buy a pair of active studio monitor speakers. They look pretty affordable. For example, Behringer MS40 costs only 16 K in amazon. I read the main difference between studio monitors and hifi speakers is that the former generally lacks range and does little to modify the music. So the monitor speakers are mainly used by sound professionals. Since I need to use the system for listening to music and watching movies on my laptop, I think it might suite my purpose. Can anyone here shed some light on this issue?

Hi

Studio Monitors may work well depending on what you intend to use them for.

The Creatives T20s and T40s are good too and within a decent price tag...

Swans (available on Amazon) is good and some FMs are using the same.

You need to decide what you really want.....and how long will you use the same till you upgrade.....

I've not heard any of the speakers you've mentioned but I'm pretty certain Swans will outperform them all.

Swans M200MKII or Swans M200MKIII are highly recommended.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back