Soundbar Recommendation Around Rs.15,000

yogesh498

Hello,

I have the LG 49SM8100 Tv looking for good quality soundbar. I have checked the LG SL6Y & Samsung R550 one (may get at lowers prices as new models coming now).
As i have LG tv, it might be better with DTS X with the soundbar?

Please give your valuable suggestions or alternatives according to budget please?

Hello,

I have the LG 49SM8100 Tv looking for good quality soundbar. I have checked the LG SL6Y & Samsung R550 one (may get at lowers prices as new models coming now).

Please give your valuable suggestions or alternatives according to budget please?

if you could elaborate on your use case i.e. usage in percentage for Movie / Music / TV / Gaming etc... it will help FM to suggest on other options too.

Cheers,
:cool:

Hello,

If you can extend the budget by a few thousand, I would suggest going for JBL 2.1 soundbar. It's worth the upgrade. It's an overall performer.

I use the SL6Y. Integrates seamlessly with the LG TV using the supplied optical cable (same remote works). Sound quality is significantly better than TV speakers. Not really comparable to higher end sound bars like the Atmos ones but good enough. If the purpose is better than TV sound, this is fine. If you want something that gives a really good movie sound experience, look elsewhere.

Hi, my dad uses LG SK5 sound bar with LG tv. it’s just an year old and subwoofer driver gone. Now it’s in service Center for more than 10 days waiting for the driver to come from Noida. So I’m not sure about the reliability. But it’s better than TV sound for sure.

I always feel it’s always better to go for minimum 3.1 sound bar coz while watching movies dialogue won’t be audible with 2.1 and if u enable dts vx it will make even worst as u need to increase volume to hear dialogues but during action sequences u will hear it loud so u have to reduce the volume. U will end up doing those steps again n again.

DTS vx sound bars are just gimmicks, it works well when ur input is PCM, when the input is DD/DD+ its not going to perform well. Better to go for 3.1/5.1 sound bars.

if you could elaborate on your use case i.e. usage in percentage for Movie / Music / TV / Gaming etc... it will help FM to suggest on other options too.

Cheers,
:cool:
Thanks for asking, the major use would be for the Movies / TV / Music.

If you can extend the budget by a few thousand, I would suggest going for JBL 2.1 soundbar. It's worth the upgrade. It's an overall performer.

Max 17k, please suggest the actual model number? JBL Cinema SB160 2.1 or JBL 21BLKEP 2.1CH Soundbar?

Thanks for asking, the major use would be for the Movies / TV / Music.

I would highly recommend Yamaha YAS-109 it has all the features your looking for including DTS Virtual:X, comes with in-built dual subwoofer which is good enough for decent size living room. Just in case you feel need of more bass it has subwoofer out to connect active sub later.
I have been personally using Yamaha YAS-109 + Velodyne Impact 10 subwoofer from past 8months, very happy with overall features & performance.

IMHO most of the 20k below soundbar which has separate subwoofer don't really perform well, they either distort or its very boomy.

I am from mumbai, any chances i get that one in good price at offline stores around mumbai?

Reach out to J.S Enterprises (Mumbai) olx link provided below. They have YAS-109 & guess you can nego on the price too when in person.

I have seen the yamaha models :p they are expensive but quality is premium no doubt.
Above demo model is in bangalore. I am from mumbai, any chances i get that one in good price at offline stores around mumbai?
HT store might ship it, may be u can call n check it. Other stores I don’t think they will give it at this price and also this model is an old model so not sure if they have stocks.

I would highly recommend Yamaha YAS-109 it has all the features your looking for including DTS Virtual:X, comes with in-built dual subwoofer which is good enough for decent size living room. Just in case you feel need of more bass it has subwoofer out to connect active sub later.
I have been personally using Yamaha YAS-109 + Velodyne Impact 10 subwoofer from past 8months, very happy with overall features & performance.

IMHO most of the 20k below soundbar which has separate subwoofer don't really perform well, they either distort or its very boomy.

Reach out to J.S Enterprises (Mumbai) olx link provided below. They have YAS-109 & guess you can nego on the price too when in person.

Thanks bro for suggestion of the setup, it makes sense. I'll see if i can get yamaha 209 in budget, chances are slim as not many sellers and prices are high.

I would recommend getting a pair of active speakers. JBL nano k4 is a good option. Well within Ur budget. They are quite bassy enough for a medium to small room but If u feel the need for more bass add extra subwoofer later on

Hi

what is room size, in which you are using 109 and how far you are seating away from soundbar

Hi

what is room size, in which you are using 109 and how far you are seating away from soundbar
My living space is not perfect square it stretches into dinning space, distance between Soundbar and sofa is 10ft. I feel the sound effects will be more pronounced when you have reflections from left and right walls which is kind of missing in my space. When audition it in closed HT room at shop it was perfect as the room is enclosed and brings out perfect sense of surround effects. In our actual living rooms you will see it will reduce by 20-30%. I guess this will be the case with any soundbar out their in the market today. Does that mean it’s bad, the answer is “no”, it really brings good movie experience overall.

With current discount on LG Sound Bar SL6Y it makes really good VFM below 20k as it provides you the option to expand with rear wireless speakers which can be added later too with decent Dolby atmos capability.

My living space is not perfect square it stretches into dinning space, distance between Soundbar and sofa is 10ft. I feel the sound effects will be more pronounced when you have reflections from left and right walls which is kind of missing in my space. When audition it in closed HT room at shop it was perfect as the room is enclosed and brings out perfect sense of surround effects. In our actual living rooms you will see it will reduce by 20-30%. I guess this will be the case with any soundbar out their in the market today. Does that mean it’s bad, the answer is “no”, it really brings good movie experience overall.

With current discount on LG Sound Bar SL6Y it makes really good VFM below 20k as it provides you the option to expand with rear wireless speakers which can be added later too with decent Dolby atmos capability.
SL6Y doesnt have atmos capabilities. Rear speakers will bring 5.1 effects

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back