Soundbar recommendations - 30K

kneo

This is for a friend who's going to purchase Samsung Frame 55 inch for their new apartment. They are looking out for a soundbar to improve the overall audio experience. They're fond of music and would probably have some streaming music always on. So convenience of streaming via bluetooth (or wifi) would be preferred. Main source of content would be OTT (movies and series) and phone based music subscriptions. They also have a PS4 but are not into gaming much.

Their budget is approximately 30K and they don't want to go through the hassle of discrete wired system (AVR + 5.1).

Would love to hear recommendations from all of you around a good soundbar for them.

Check the Polk Audio MagniFi Mini. It has Bluetooth and wireless streaming. It has very good reviews.

Do check how the streaming works though, I couldn't find any good results with a quick search.

Boat is doing some pretty good job in my living room. I believe, they have later versions too.
Also, Sony ht s40r has also got great reviews. Sony, comes with surround speakers which are Bluetooth connected, however requires a minimal wiring work. Boat do not have any surround speakers but only a subwoofer, no additional wiring work. Heard, Zebronics has a decent one.

This is for a friend who's going to purchase Samsung Frame 55 inch for their new apartment. They are looking out for a soundbar to improve the overall audio experience. They're fond of music and would probably have some streaming music always on. So convenience of streaming via bluetooth (or wifi) would be preferred. Main source of content would be OTT (movies and series) and phone based music subscriptions. They also have a PS4 but are not into gaming much.

Their budget is approximately 30K and they don't want to go through the hassle of discrete wired system (AVR + 5.1).

Would love to hear recommendations from all of you around a good soundbar for them.
If they are willing to stretch to 40K, then this will beat "any" soundbar.
Add to cart for discounted price.

Go for JBL deep base 2.1 , I bought this last week, good sound clarity and good bass from subwoofer.

Sony HT-S20R Real 5.1ch Dolby Digital Soundbar for TV with subwoofer and Compact Rear Speakers, 5.1ch Home Theatre System (400W,Bluetooth & USB Connectivity, HDMI & Optical connectivity)

----
The above is available for just 18K at Amazon and there is no harm in getting an audition at a showroom before finalising purchase.
Also from the house of Sony , you have HT-G700 and HT-S500RF.
I have heard JBL bar 2.1 at my friend's house and that was nice . Price around 25K
If they want a small size bar with good sound I see Polk Audio MagniFi mini .. price around 30K

If the soundbar is meant for consumption of OTT movies/series - your friend should definitely look at true 5.1 sound bar.

I recently got Samsung A67E - true 5.1 and true wireless soundbar from Flipkart. Sub and rear speakers are wireless thus reducing the hassle of running wires in the living room. I've connected it to 7 year old Sony Bravia with HDMI ARC - and the soundbar decodes 5.1 channels just fine ad works seamlessly with just TV remote [for volume control]. My only complaint would be absence of independent center channel volume control. But at 25K this is a great solution and gives immersive movie experience so much so that I've started watching some of the action movies again!

Sony HT-S20R Real 5.1ch Dolby Digital Soundbar for TV with subwoofer and Compact Rear Speakers, 5.1ch Home Theatre System (400W,Bluetooth & USB Connectivity, HDMI & Optical connectivity)

----
The above is available for just 18K at Amazon and there is no harm in getting an audition at a showroom before finalising purchase.
Also from the house of Sony , you have HT-G700 and HT-S500RF.
I have heard JBL bar 2.1 at my friend's house and that was nice . Price around 25K
If they want a small size bar with good sound I see Polk Audio MagniFi mini .. price around 30K
Is the above said advice being given at 20Khz?

If they are willing to stretch to 40K, then this will beat "any" soundbar.
Add to cart for discounted price.
This doesn't need any amplification? Are they powered?
Also, this is without a sub and one can add a sub later. Would it still give the desired thump without the sub to begin with?

Boat is doing some pretty good job in my living room. I believe, they have later versions too.
Also, Sony ht s40r has also got great reviews. Sony, comes with surround speakers which are Bluetooth connected, however requires a minimal wiring work. Boat do not have any surround speakers but only a subwoofer, no additional wiring work. Heard, Zebronics has a decent one.
Would want to avoid brands like Boat and Zebronics. Thanks for the recommendations though.

Go for JBL deep base 2.1 , I bought this last week, good sound clarity and good bass from subwoofer.
This is definitely something I have my eye on. Do let me know how the output is and the overall connectivity. Is it easy to stream via bluetooth and does it give good immersion and vocal clarity?

If the soundbar is meant for consumption of OTT movies/series - your friend should definitely look at true 5.1 sound bar.

I recently got Samsung A67E - true 5.1 and true wireless soundbar from Flipkart. Sub and rear speakers are wireless thus reducing the hassle of running wires in the living room. I've connected it to 7 year old Sony Bravia with HDMI ARC - and the soundbar decodes 5.1 channels just fine ad works seamlessly with just TV remote [for volume control]. My only complaint would be absence of independent center channel volume control. But at 25K this is a great solution and gives immersive movie experience so much so that I've started watching some of the action movies again!
Seems quite interesting. Also, they are going to pair with Samsung Frame TV, so compatibility would also be fine I guess. BTW, if the subs are wifi enabled, do they need to be powered? Does one need a power source near them - or are they rechargeable? Sorry, this is a new domain for me.

Also, this is without a sub and one can add a sub later. Would it still give the desired thump without the sub to begin with?
Yes they are active speakers (no amplifier required) & a sub can be added. Its been discussed on the forum earlier.

It can, and good tuneful bass at that, unlike cheap soundbar subwoofers that have the boom but not the definition.

. BTW, if the subs are wifi enabled, do they need to be powered? Does one need a power source near them - or are they rechargeable? Sorry, this is a new domain for me.
Each speaker needs it's own power source.

Even if it has rechargeable batteries, would you move it everyday to charge? You'd have to have a power source nearby anyway. Hence there's no point in having batteries in a device like subwoofer.

Seems quite interesting. Also, they are going to pair with Samsung Frame TV, so compatibility would also be fine I guess. BTW, if the subs are wifi enabled, do they need to be powered? Does one need a power source near them - or are they rechargeable? Sorry, this is a new domain for me.
Yep- rear speakers[comes with wireless amp module] , sub and soundbar all have to be powered independently.

They have built in D Class amplifiers. Essentially it is a 30x0i speaker which is head and shoulders above the soundbars being discussed. I demoed various JBL models out of curiosity, and won't spend a single rupee on them. They are loud but no definition, clarity, separation, soundstage or resolution. They are cheap consumer type products and not even mid-fi.
QA speakers in question are one of the best in their price band, you can get literally hundreds of reviews. When they are paired with dedicated amplifiers, they are far superior. Beyond a point one simply cannot ignore physics.
They can be fitted with quality SW if you want more bass.
I have the QA 3020i in my second system with TV, can vouch for them. Some people whom I know who have bought the MD20 are full of praise.
Don't go by absurd specs like 300 watts. Please go and listen with your own ears before putting your money down.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back