Soundbar recommendations - 30K

This is definitely something I have my eye on. Do let me know how the output is and the overall connectivity. Is it easy to stream via bluetooth and does it give good immersion and vocal clarity?
Streaming via bluetooth is the easiest on this, I had connected using Toslink cable from TV to sound bar, and Sub woofer connected to power, no separate connection needed between woofer and sound bar, it got amazing Bass, voice clarity is good.Go with it you won't regret.

If they are willing to stretch to 40K, then this will beat "any" soundbar.
Add to cart for discounted price.
Will it though? Dialogue performance will suffer greatly with any 2.0 system.

If the soundbar is meant for consumption of OTT movies/series - your friend should definitely look at true 5.1 sound bar.

I recently got Samsung A67E - true 5.1 and true wireless soundbar from Flipkart. Sub and rear speakers are wireless thus reducing the hassle of running wires in the living room. I've connected it to 7 year old Sony Bravia with HDMI ARC - and the soundbar decodes 5.1 channels just fine ad works seamlessly with just TV remote [for volume control]. My only complaint would be absence of independent center channel volume control. But at 25K this is a great solution and gives immersive movie experience so much so that I've started watching some of the action movies again!
Do you know of any soundbar at this range with independent center channel volume control? Desperately looking for a solution to this

Not at all. If set up properly, dialogue will be just as good as the most competent centre channel speaker, if not better.
How? I have a solid 2.0 system but other than software settings on Kodi (center channel downmix), just cannot get good dialogue volume on streaming apps like Netflix, Prime etc.

How? I have a solid 2.0 system but other than software settings on Kodi (center channel downmix), just cannot get good dialogue volume on streaming apps like Netflix, Prime etc.

nothing for downmix for 2.0
... I think, if you are able to visualise the walk from left to Right ( first 17 seconds ) (or it could be the the other way ), you have a solid 2.0. else Sorry, your are still missing the "Solid" part.
( Thriller by Michael Jackson)

...that is how stereo works

Go for JBL deep base 2.1 , I bought this last week, good sound clarity and good bass from subwoofer.

This is one of the best. I would vouch for it anytime.

2 of my friends bought it and they are super happy with it.

nothing for downmix for 2.0
... I think, if you are able to visualise the walk from left to Right ( first 17 seconds ) (or it could be the the other way ), you have a solid 2.0. else Sorry, your are still missing the "Solid" part.
( Thriller by Michael Jackson)

...that is how stereo works
umm, i'm asking about center channel audio being replicated well on a stereo system like you claimed you manage. How is this related to Billie Jean's stereo imaging?

umm, i'm asking about center channel audio being replicated well on a stereo system like you claimed you manage. How is this related to Billie Jean's stereo imaging?

...I dont manage anything,
Usually when the source does not have discrete channel for centre,for Stereo, they are usually made available on the both the left and the right channel at the same volume intensity + all the frequency need to simulate as coming from the centre.
The footsteps in the mentioned "Thriller" song, moves from right to left, at one point the footsteps sounds exactly at the centre , subsequently fading away to the left .

if software does that properly (downmixing) it could be done at Stereo .if, it can be done at 3 channel - well , you could add the soundbar / center speaker. But beyond this , nothing can be done for Volume being low. All one can do is boost the mid range if the Equaliser are available.

Even with a stereo amplifier, the centre dialogue can be exceptionally clear. In both my stereo setups, the dialogue is anchored dead centre and perfectly legible even at whisper quiet volumes.

Both bass and stereo imaging/soundstage are dependent on speaker positioning vis-a-vis your primary listening position.

There are plenty of helpful guides on speaker positioning on this forum as well as online. They should have you sorted in no time!

P.s. - you might want to check out settings on Netflix and other OTT platforms which give you the option of either 5.1 or 2 channel stereo. Needless to say, opt for 2 channel stereo.

If they are willing to stretch to 40K, then this will beat "any" soundbar.
Add to cart for discounted price.
Go for any 2-channel active speakers in your price range, it will beat any similarly priced soundbar by a big margin.

Will it though? Dialogue performance will suffer greatly with any 2.0 system.
for getting good dialogue you need a dedicated center channel like a 3.1 or 5.1 systems [mostly expensive]
also a good 2 channel active speakers are always a best option

You can go with yht1840 + a bluetooth module. You have an option to place all the 5 speakers in front to get good sound. Also, you get an avr and can upgrade to stereo speakers or better later sometime.

Last edited:
If the hunt is still on, both Malhar and Bandish from Sonodyne are good options. Malhar is priced around 37k but you should get discounts. Same goes for Bandish which costs around 27k. Both have positive reviews.

This is for a friend who's going to purchase Samsung Frame 55 inch for their new apartment. They are looking out for a soundbar to improve the overall audio experience. They're fond of music and would probably have some streaming music always on. So convenience of streaming via bluetooth (or wifi) would be preferred. Main source of content would be OTT (movies and series) and phone based music subscriptions. They also have a PS4 but are not into gaming much.

Their budget is approximately 30K and they don't want to go through the hassle of discrete wired system (AVR + 5.1).

Would love to hear recommendations from all of you around a good soundbar for them.
If the main purpose of the system is subject to the content on OTT and Music, then it depends on the HD content ( Dolby dts, Dolby Atmos, etc).
It's necessary to have atleast 5.1 soundbar setup, for a decent movie experience, according to the budget, sony HT-S40R, is a decent setup, it's not Dolby atmos but a decent 5.1 surround setup.
If you are considering to take you content experience to a decent Doly Atmos experience, then JBL 9.1 is worth considering, but then budget won't be controlled as per your info.
I hope this helps.
Regards

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back