Soundstage in pure direct not so good

I don’t use laptop. For music I use AirPlay on my iPhone. I have done various tests and concluded that the issue is indeed after installing the 65 inch tv and moving the LR apart by few inches. This change has a huge impact in the sound stage even while watching movies.
If you are using a flex wall mount for TV, try bringing the TV forward a bit
Cheers,
Raghu

If you are using a flex wall mount for TV, try bringing the TV forward a bit
Cheers,
Raghu
Ok will give it a try. As I have mentioned in previous post I did manage to get it sound to my liking with a different settings. Now I am listening in stereo mode with subwoofer mode as sub+main. Imaging is also very good as in stereo mode I feel as if the vocals are coming from the centre speaker.

Ok will give it a try. As I have mentioned in previous post I did manage to get it sound to my liking with a different settings. Now I am listening in stereo mode with subwoofer mode as sub+main. Imaging is also very good as in stereo mode I feel as if the vocals are coming from the centre speaker.

That's what you want in centering and imaging. The bass should be a bit behind the instrumentation.
Try these tracks.
Eagles - Hell Freezes Over - Hotel California
The start of the song brings one set of instruments after another into play. Good audition track
Ray Charles - Hit The Road Jack
The chorus girls will be slightly to the right, and vocals/piano will be slightly to the left
Stevie Ray Vaughn - Tin Pan Alley
The drums should sound like they are behind the vocals/guitar
Leonard Cohen - I'm Your Man
Vocals and piano should be just a bit of left of center

They are all there on Spofity

Cheers,
Raghu

I like this Guy. The confidence.
Few more comments by him on bashing the Denon and Marantz and i'm all in to buy the Sony 9200

I went to Sony's site to see the specs of this "magical" 9200 model.
Even Sony has not listed the frequency range of speakers, crossover, SNR or any other technical detail.
Only thing mentioned here is 1200w output and 3 way speakers

I like this Guy. The confidence.
Few more comments by him on bashing the Denon and Marantz and i'm all in to buy the Sony 9200
Just Wait..
Someone will Organize a Group Buy for Sony 9200 Soon. Because as führer said, Hearing is believing.

Unfortunately they'll have to Organize a Group Sell as well, within a week of delivery AFAIK.

I really now think it's some bot which is writing this messages..

Because it's like those advertising messages by any company

Dont buy 9200 now.. wait for its upgrade with dual subs , atmos.. enjoy the real quality music of magnetic fluid speakers with S-Master HX digital amplifier (not some shit china amplifier clubbed into denon)

That is poor amplifier specifications.

Front left / Front right 125 W + 125 W ( at 6 ohms, 1khz, 1% THD) !!!!

Subwoofer: 200 W (at 6 ohms, 80 hz) !!!!

My Marantz 7010

Front:
125 W + 125 W (8 Ω/ohms, 20 Hz – 20 kHz with 0.05 % T.H.D.)

My Velodyne subwoofer 750 W RMS goes down to 20 hz and will shake the concrete walls of my apartment if I attempt to play it at 110 db.

These are measurements talking. Now there is no excuse to put down Marantz and Denon. I hope you have an open mind to make an attempt to understand this and benefit from it going forward.

It's not that Sony does not make good amps or receivers. STR-ZA5000ES is a decent enough receiver from Sony. But this model that you are using is definitely not manufactured to compete with the likes of Marantz or Denon with such poor specifications.

Apologies to @Love4sound for digressing.

Last edited:
subwoofers 750W is pure BS.. it reminds me of my olden days 1980s.. roadside dabba akai speakers like these https://www.indiamart.com/proddetail/high-wattage-18-inch-woofer-8706902712.html .. bass will flat out after 30% volume .. no use of those

my 200W woofer shakes my whole flooring at just 80% volume .. dont buy any woofer more than 300W those gimmicks to fool ppl .. its not a oven to use 750-2000W energy

Seriously, if you are hitting 80% volume, you will likely fry the amps or tear the cones.

The Sony sub is a passive unit right? Oh I forgot, your main amp drives it to 200W.
BTW, your main amp is 800W, small, flat and light; so you can use it to iron delicate clothes.
Man, you are lucky. Music-box/istri-peti/coffee-warmer/earthquake-simulator all in one.
Good choice of the unit :D

Most of our boxes can only do one thing (maybe two) and as per your assessment, poorly.
And some of us are such idiots that we have multiple inefficient boxes in the chain.

Cheers,
Raghu

I give up :rolleyes:
You cannot wake a person who is pretending to be sleeping. We have all explained very politely baring all his insults with an intention to make him understand about HIFI audio but he is in no mood to listen. He is totally clueless and hateful.We all had our fun listening to his crap now it’s high time we ignore him. If he doesn’t stop we all need to report and remove him from the forum and delete his posts. We don’t need such people in the forum.

Guys, take it easy. Joined in 2014. Probably using his fathers id. Keep it decent. Mods will handle it.

Enjoy your ugly piece of <Deleted>. even if you buy it for 100laks it will be ugly crap only.. .. dont compare it with others.. first listen hifi speakers then change yourself .. reported you to forum mods. Joined my ignore list. i pity how parents raising dumb kids who think money is for showoff not quality.
Dude. You need to stop
We get it. You have the bestest system in the world.
Stop personal attacks

Cheers,
Raghu

Last edited by a moderator:
like those ugly boxes .<deleted>
This is going too far mate, control yourself. Don't make this forum an ugly one. Agreed, you are entitled to make your point but be respectful to others too. You deserve to be deleted from the forum. Mods, we request you to take necessary action.

Enjoy your <deleted>.. even if you buy it for 100laks it will be ugly crap only.. .. dont compare it with others.. first listen hifi speakers then change yourself .. reported you to forum mods. Joined my ignore list. <deleted>
Oh man..!
How many sh.. Words you have used..:rolleyes:
Please calm down.
You have the world"s best orchestra with you..
React gently.

Enjoy your <deleted>. even if you buy it for 100laks it will be ugly crap only.. .. dont compare it with others.. first listen hifi speakers then change yourself .. reported you to forum mods. Joined my ignore list.
You system sucks as much as your posts.. you will be getting banned soon.. enjoy till then

subwoofers 750W is pure BS.. it reminds me of my olden days 1980s.. roadside dabba akai speakers like these https://www.indiamart.com/proddetail/high-wattage-18-inch-woofer-8706902712.html .. bass will flat out after 30% volume .. no use of those

my 200W woofer shakes my whole flooring at just 80% volume .. dont buy any woofer more than 300W those gimmicks to fool ppl .. its not a oven to use 750-2000W energy
Your knowledge is just like your age .. old..
However your manners are opposite to your age..
If you aren't happy at home.. don't release your frustration here.. :D

Everybody please calm down. Leave this as it is. Let's Move On! (At least till I replenish bowl of Popcorn!)

Just remember "To each his own", Don't berate other's choices!

We all may not agree with the particular member and he has been a bit harsh but, All others also didn't help with provoking him by mocking him!

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back