Source Advice for HK3490 with JBL ES 80 speakers

Kelpie

Hi!

I need some advice and help. Currently I play the above config with a SONY DVD player connected to the HK 3490 through an Optical Cord.

What I need to know is should I or could I just continue with the SONY or will I get some serious benefit if I invest in a 15-20k CD Player?

Have been hearing all kinds of stuff around Dedicated CDP and how bad the DVD is. . . in addition to saying it actually is not that bad at all, and at a 15k to 20k budget the increment is marginal at best. . .

So help me folks

Cheers

source for DVD & CD can be oppo980 as it sounds good with Both.15k
other easy option can be CA DV99.

Hi!

I need some advice and help. Currently I play the above config with a SONY DVD player connected to the HK 3490 through an Optical Cord.

What I need to know is should I or could I just continue with the SONY or will I get some serious benefit if I invest in a 15-20k CD Player?

Have been hearing all kinds of stuff around Dedicated CDP and how bad the DVD is. . . in addition to saying it actually is not that bad at all, and at a 15k to 20k budget the increment is marginal at best. . .

So help me folks

Cheers

to answer your question - you will not get any serious benefit from having a dedicated cdp. when you upgrade a system you should always upgrade the weakest link. if the quality of the cdp matches the rest of the system then leave it. imo your weakest link would be the speakers

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back