space speakers

Thanks a lot for the input and suggestions!

I have generally narrowed my options down to either the Wharfedale 10.1 or 10.2 OR the Audioengine A5 or P4.

As this thread was more general, I created a more focused one here: http://www.hifivision.com/speakers/...e-10-1-10-2-audioengine-a5-p4.html#post120047

I would appreciate it if you could give your input there regarding my choice of new speakers.

Thanks again for all the help!

I have a small sub sat unit of these Space speakers (50 W x 2, 92 dB sensitivity, passive sub). Had procured them from a vendor in Jodhpur in 2003 for 10,500/-. I say that these speakers are excellent if you're on a budget. With their high sensitivity, they can do with a small amp with great sound retained at lower volumes. The response is claimed to be 20Hz-30Kz and when I had auditioned them, it was on an HK AVR 55** and boy, did they sound amazing for the money. As for the size, the sats look like (but a little bigger) the Bose Acoustimass sats, twin swivel pair (one on top of the other). They'll not sound like a floorstander or any other high end speaker but I put them in place of my bookshelfs (old Sony HiFi of 800 W PMPO or 50 x 2 RMS) and the difference was unexpectedly superior. I'll be pairing these with a good amp soon.

I have a small sub sat unit of these Space speakers (50 W x 2, 92 dB sensitivity, passive sub). Had procured them from a vendor in Jodhpur in 2003 for 10,500/-. I say that these speakers are excellent if you're on a budget. With their high sensitivity, they can do with a small amp with great sound retained at lower volumes. The response is claimed to be 20Hz-30Kz and when I had auditioned them, it was on an HK AVR 55** and boy, did they sound amazing for the money. As for the size, the sats look like (but a little bigger) the Bose Acoustimass sats, twin swivel pair (one on top of the other). They'll not sound like a floorstander or any other high end speaker but I put them in place of my bookshelfs (old Sony HiFi of 800 W PMPO or 50 x 2 RMS) and the difference was unexpectedly superior. I'll be pairing these with a good amp soon.

one person is selling space 5.1 speakers (5 twin cube satellites and a sub, looks like bose acoustimas series) he is asking 5000 rupees for the set. surely the price will come down because its on sale from the last 5 months. nobody is getting it due to the unknown brand.

brand : space audio
model number : SM-10X
Its for a Bedroom System, so small cubes are better

I think astonia satellites are identical to these. The specs I got are;

8 ohms, sensitivity 89 db.
nominal power handling of 40 watts with a peak of 100 watts.

other details are given in their website.

I saw space 5.1 sp system in alfa for 17.5k. I dont know how the quality is really as I havent auditioned them

I saw space 5.1 sp system in alfa for 17.5k. I dont know how the quality is really as I havent auditioned them

alfa ?
its a showroom ?
please share any numbers or location details because need to check the price of sm-10x model

Attachments

• SM-10X.jpg
    SM-10X.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 27
For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back