Speaker building with foam core board

Absolutely fantastic work sir, you are doing a great help to the community by quickly modelling and building different designs and trying out different drivers.

Thank you musiklava79 for all the inspiration. I have been thinking how to deal with the wood work for my hobby speakers project and you have made it so easy for me now :)

I found that a online shop as well as a physical store in Bangalore deals with foam boards. I am going to visit the store near to my home and see if I can get a larger size ones rather than A4 size which is listed on the website. People interested in the foam core boards can order online on this website.

Absolutely fantastic work sir, you are doing a great help to the community by quickly modelling and building different designs and trying out different drivers.

I'm hoping that our forum members will be enthused enough to begin their own builds and show them here. We can all collectively begin a new trend and pool all our experiences, good or bad, and help each other out.

Here's a chance for most aspiring DIYers to start a build using locally sourced economical drivers like the ones currently on offer in linuxguru's thread on the Tymphany group buy -

http://www.hifivision.com/diy/56126-tymphany-custom-oem-surplus-drivers-group-buy.html

There's also a request for the folks at diyaudiocraft to get us some reasonably priced small full range drivers for so many DIYers out there.

Last edited:
I found that a online shop as well as a physical store in Bangalore deals with foam boards. I am going to visit the store near to my home and see if I can get a larger size ones rather than A4 size which is listed on the website. People interested in the foam core boards can order online on this website.

Thanks manniraj, for the information and your offer to help out with the FC boards.

I'm hoping that other members, too, will pool in information on where to buy FC boards in their respective cities.

Thank you musiklava79 for all the inspiration. I have been thinking how to deal with the wood work for my hobby speakers project and you have made it so easy for me now :)

I'm thankful to you for taking an interest in this interesting activity. Just keep plugging away and the end results will be there for you to see!

Thanks manniraj, for the information and your offer to help out with the FC boards.

I'm hoping that other members, too, will pool in information on where to buy FC boards in their respective cities.

Yes if I get hold of these foam core boards then will surely plan to build the mini karlsonator 0.53 using the Tymphany drivers that I received from linuxguru sometime back. Will post my updates on the build here :)

Yes if I get hold of these foam core boards then will surely plan to build the mini karlsonator 0.53 using the Tymphany drivers that I received from linuxguru sometime back. Will post my updates on the build here :)

Don't forget to try RCBazaar in Bangalore. They also sell FC boards and call them Depron. They come in 2' x 4', 4' x 4' sizes in 5 mm thickness. I can vouch for the quality because that's what I'm using presently. Visit their website for the address and phone number.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back