Speaker cable blue jeans/DAC

DAC is a very good value for money cable . Ive heard that they get their cables from a company which manufactured cables for audio quest.

Hi Friends,

I am planning to get DAC cables.

Can someone point me to DAC website?

I am in blore. i can source it from here locally or from chennai too.[I have my friends in chennai who can get me this].

Vector in blore is very costly and i don't want to approach him. Total sound doesn't have 14 AWG and he has only Def TECH cables.

I am looking for 50 to 100 m 14 AWG DAC cable. Where can i get this and at what price?

Also i have a basic doubt. Suppose if my front speaker distance is 2 meter from AVR, should i buy 2 meter speaker cable or 4 meter?[2 meter for positive and 2 meter for negative]??? Normally how it is sold? 2 meter constitute a pair or only single wire...?

Thanks,
Prakash.

Also i have a basic doubt. Suppose if my front speaker distance is 2 meter from AVR, should i buy 2 meter speaker cable or 4 meter?[2 meter for positive and 2 meter for negative]??? Normally how it is sold? 2 meter constitute a pair or only single wire...?

Please look up Designeraudio - Homepage fo details on DAC cables. if you have someone on Chennai, ask him to visit Pro Musicals in Egmore for pricing and delivery. He does not stock anything, but can you what you want in a few days.

All speaker cables come as two core. So, you need only one cable for each speaker to connect to the positive and negative.

Cheers

Please look up Designeraudio - Homepage fo details on DAC cables. if you have someone on Chennai, ask him to visit Pro Musicals in Egmore for pricing and delivery. He does not stock anything, but can you what you want in a few days.

All speaker cables come as two core. So, you need only one cable for each speaker to connect to the positive and negative.

Cheers

Thanks venkat for your reply. I went through the website.

Pacific Series

I intend to buy this SPK14 - Length: 100M REEL
Description: 14 AWG speaker cable, transparent PVC jacket, 5/5mm(7/26/0.12)2F

Also i see this PCOCC Speaker Cable
Pacific Series

I am not able to see the AWG value for the above PCOCC cable. Looks like copper is purest in this. Any idea how much would these PCOCC cable would cost above the normal OFC Dual speaker cable?

Thanks,
Prakash.

Hi prakass,

I purchased it from Pro Musicals, chennai. As venkat said you may get it at Vector ,BANGALORE.Tel: 25543287, 9341717966

cheers,
sri

Hi Sri,

Is this the speaker cable you purchased?

Pacific Series

SPK14 - Length: 100M REEL

Thanks,
Prakash.

No prakass... this is not the cable i purchased. mine is not transparent. I cant place my cable on the designer audio site. All i can say is its OFC.

sri.

Last edited:
I intend to buy this SPK14 - Length: 100M REEL

Also i see this PCOCC Speaker Cable
Pacific Series

The PCOCC cables are very expensive.

Go in for SPK14. The picture in the website is incorrect. The speaker cables actually have black colour shielding. When you talk to the dealer, specify that you want black shielded cables. The SPK14 should cost around 70 Rupees a meter.

Cheers

The PCOCC cables are very expensive.

Go in for SPK14. The picture in the website is incorrect. The speaker cables actually have black colour shielding. When you talk to the dealer, specify that you want black shielded cables. The SPK14 should cost around 70 Rupees a meter.

Cheers

i have that and at 70/m its absolute VFM - the sudden change with my missions was remarkable. Go for it.

Another option might be audioquest - but thats expensive but better than monster.

AT 60-70RS/metre i use another OFC cable
its 14AWG
brand is WICAB . i have found it better than the DAC offering.

also this cable has a PE jacket rather than the cheaper PVC ( i think i read venkat jis post somewhere where he states that PE is the preferred and correct jacket used in speaker cables PVC is generally used in finolex power wires)

Availibilty : im not sure wher this is availble.
i buy it from a distributer who supposedly gets it from taiwan. He claims its the same cable as a very high end offereing only this does not have the brand printed on it. instead its got WICAB
(it looks damnnn close to supra though)

i will post a pic if anyone is intersted

Last edited:
^^ pls read earlier editted post
if you want ill courier a piece to you

Last edited:
magma - is it braided or figure 8 cable?
Is it advisable to split the 8 figure cable and braid it ourselves - maybe put in a sleeve?

regards

Picasa Web Albums - khuzema - home audio pics

refer cables in green background

the thinner cable is 1.5mm sq
the thicker one is 2.5mm sq

jacket is PE
the 1.5mm sq cable has 105 - 120 strands!

i am yet to see any cable costing below 200rs/metre to rival these including all DAC/QED offerings ( upto and including the QED Qunex 2 original)
soon i willbe posting some tests of this cable vs a belden 5000UP ( i got hold of some!)
(P.S im not including DIY cables otherwise soundsgreat will be on my case!)

Last edited:
I have been quoted 100/mt for DAC SPK14 and 135/mt for SPK 12 on a quantity of 50mts. Iam told that the price of 70-80pm for SPK14 is a 3-4 months old price and it is not available at that price any more.

Would SPK12 be an overkill for my system Denon 2309 with MS Avant series speakers on 908i fronts.

I have been quoted 100/mt for DAC SPK14 and 135/mt for SPK 12 on a quantity of 50mts. Iam told that the price of 70-80pm for SPK14 is a 3-4 months old price and it is not available at that price any more.

Would SPK12 be an overkill for my system Denon 2309 with MS Avant series speakers on 908i fronts.

908i
hmm nice floorstander you have there and i would say nice combo with denon def better than a CA amp

i would suggest you get a 12AWG or a 10AWG from belden if you can source it
otherwise see if you like the wire ive posted earlier
thats availble in 1.5mm sq and 2.5mm sq
my opinions on DAC cables ive posted

I have written to the Belden India sales, let us see if they respond.

The WICAB cable looks good in the picture, waiting for the review though.

How can I source it and how would it cost?

wicab will be a difficult brand to source
in fact i end up buying and couriering it to some friends in delhi

if you are having difficulty in sourcing belden or wicab you can ping me.

As far as i know wicab 1.5mm sq retails at 80rs/metre , however with discount its about 72rs/metre

WICAB 2.5mm sq retails clsoe to the 125mark

Belden 5000UP (10AWG) retails close to 175-185 rs/metre if bought directly maybe more if bought via a sub dealer in INDIA
BELDEN 5000UE should be about 160-140rs/metre

the WICAB 1.5mm sq cable is a 105-120 strand cable whereas the belden 5000UE is only a 19 strand cable
so have a reasonable doubt that this wicab cable is really a high end cable that is being offloaded at the factory out

can someone explain technically how for the same amount of copper number of strands would affect music SQ?
i have studied this in physics but my memory is kind of hazy and also im kind of lazy!

Last edited:
can someone explain technically how for the same amount of copper number of strands would affect music SQ?
i have studied this in physics but my memory is kind of hazy and also im kind of lazy!

I think it might have something to do with the fact that larger the cross-section of a conductor (the copper strand, in this case), the lesser resistance it offers to the flow of electrons. Ofcourse, I'm not willing to wager...

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back