Speaker cable blue jeans/DAC

I think it might have something to do with the fact that larger the cross-section of a conductor (the copper strand, in this case), the lesser resistance it offers to the flow of electrons. Ofcourse, I'm not willing to wager...

i thought its more the no. of strands greater the surface area and currentflows moreover the surface

Magma, if possible can you work towards sending me 10 meters of the cable so that I could do some testing here? Send me a PM and we can work out the modalities. I am going to be testing a few amps extensively in the near future and I could use these cables also.

In the meantime, I will also scout around in Ritchie Street and see if it is available.

Cheers

Magma, if possible can you work towards sending me 10 meters of the cable so that I could do some testing here? Send me a PM and we can work out the modalities. I am going to be testing a few amps extensively in the near future and I could use these cables also.

In the meantime, I will also scout around in Ritchie Street and see if it is available.

Cheers

Eagerly waiting for the results! :)

As far as i know wicab 1.5mm sq retails at 80rs/metre , however with discount its about 72rs/metre

Does 1.5 mmsq corresponds to 15 AWG?

WICAB 2.5mm sq retails clsoe to the 125mark

Does 2.5 mmsq corresponds to 10 AWG

so have a reasonable doubt that this wicab cable is really a high end cable that is being offloaded at the factory out

Magam, is wicab better than DAC?? kindly let us know on what parameters was this comparison done. It will be helpful to forum members.

Thanks,
Prakash.

Does 1.5 mmsq corresponds to 15 AWG?

Does 2.5 mmsq corresponds to 10 AWG

Magam, is wicab better than DAC?? kindly let us know on what parameters was this comparison done. It will be helpful to forum members.

Thanks,
Prakash.

i think 1.5mm sq corresponds toabout 14AWG ( experienced guys can correct this)

2.5mm sq is about 11gauge

well in a setup(old arphi orphellus speakers and an amp brand i dont remember) i could diffrentiate an entry level DAC cable from the WICABS
i could not however differntiate between a belden and WICAB.
the BElden may be better or vice versae but i probably need a more revelaing setup totell the difference

if you want ill courier you a piece of cable
at least you can have a look at it and judge( if thats possible )

Thanks Magma.

I have postponed my decision to purchase the cables. Will wait for verdict from Venkat once he finishes the comparison tests.

Hope this comparison is happening and magma has sent the cable to Venkat.

This will benefit lot of our forum members :)

Thanks,
Prakash.

sorry guysive been a little busy clearing my house for the rains
Though its not flooded in the last 9yrs we had a problem earlier with water entering my ground floor house.

hence i have been unable to courier the wire to venkat
please do bear with me
i will do it by wednesday hopefully

sorry guysive been a little busy clearing my house for the rains
Though its not flooded in the last 9yrs we had a problem earlier with water entering my ground floor house.

hence i have been unable to courier the wire to venkat
please do bear with me
i will do it by wednesday hopefully

Hi Magma,

hope you have couriered the wires to Venkat? Any updates on the review?

Thanks,
Prakash.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back