Speaker Cable

abhisheak

Hi,

I am going to do wiring for my speaker cables from scratch. I am looking to buy a bundle of speaker cable.
Distance to surround speakers is about 40-50 feet.
So can someone suggest will the speaker cable or normal electrical cable is recommended? What sqmm or gauge?
I need to do cabling for 5.1.2 system.

MaSh

Hi,

I am going to do wiring for my speaker cables from scratch. I am looking to buy a bundle of speaker cable.
So can someone suggest will the speaker cable or normal electrical cable is recommended? What sqmm or gauge?
There is a sale going on , on Amazon on MX cables. I am considering picking up a reel to wire up my rear surrounds.

MaSh

Kannan

Hi,

for surrounds go with 16 guage cables and for the mains and center with 14 or 12 guage.
Any well shielded cables will do. In budget you can get speakers cables made by Finolex, Mercury etc. or look at MX, Amazon basics and the likes.
If you want to up the budget, you can look at studio grade cables like Belden, Mogami, Canare etc.

waris

Hi,

I will advise you to go with belden cables. They are of good quality and will last long.

sdk

Hi,

In one room I'm using Finolex 6 mm electrical wire since 2007 and in another room Polycab 6 mm electrical wire since 2011.

To my deaf ears they sound perfectly fine 😂😂, YMMV

chubbix

Hi,

if u hav a good system dont use cheap cables and electrical wire. spend some money to buy good cables that will last a long time and do justice to your system now and when u upgrade. i use speaker cables - biwire i bought 25 yrs ago and they are still superb. now used with the Tannoy Kensington reference speaker. if u cant get good cables inindia, then get some one to bring u a set.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.