Speaker cables

pks.k

Hi,
Suggest me a good speaker cable for pair with QA 3020s as Main hooked with Anthem AVR!
QED r Chord?
I’m using basic cables (don’t know brand name) now which are a compliment with previously purchased Marantz nr 1506.
Each Speaker distance from amp 6 ft.

Hi,
Suggest me a good speaker cable for pair with QA 3020s as Main hooked with Anthem AVR!
QED r Chord?
I’m using basic cables (don’t know brand name) now which are a compliment with previously purchased Marantz nr 1506.
Each Speaker distance from amp 6 ft.

What is your budget? Is your preference only between the above mentioned brands.
Are you planning to buy speaker wire sold as "speaker wire"?
Are fine with "lamp cord" a.k.a "electrical wire?

Cheers,
Raghu

what is ur budget? all depends on that my friend..
What is your budget? Is your preference only between the above mentioned brands.
Are you planning to buy speaker wire sold as "speaker wire"?
Are fine with "lamp cord" a.k.a "electrical wire?

Cheers,
Raghu
Budget upto ₹300/ Mtr. I don’t know many other brands except QED,Chord, Audioquest. If you don’t mind, plz let me know the difference between “branded speaker wire” and ordinary lamp cord! With the branded cable can I hear r feel the music quality well?
I’m interested by the words “99.99 pure copper, lossless energy , etc” in specs of branded cable
Being a new entry to Audio world want to understand the reality. Thanks!

what is ur budget? all depends on that my friend..
I have seen ₹300/ Meter rate for QED CLASSIC 72 in hifimart. Let me know Is it good enough for me, Or I must spend more for sound improvement? Honestly I don’t know which is the correct budget.
Thanks!

I see you are in Chennai. If you want, I have couple of Belden cables to spare for you to test. They are terminated with banana plugs.
It is 10 guage and model is 5T00

Hi pks....

If you are happy with what you are presently using, then stick with it. However if you are trying to change your sound in subtle ways, then you will have to let us know, what difference you want. More brighter or warmer or just more clarity but being neutral. Every cable will tweak that balance in some way or the other :)

Budget upto ₹300/ Mtr. I don’t know many other brands except QED,Chord, Audioquest. If you don’t mind, plz let me know the difference between “branded speaker wire” and ordinary lamp cord! With the branded cable can I hear r feel the music quality well?
I’m interested by the words “99.99 pure copper, lossless energy , etc” in specs of branded cable

Speaker wire is meant to do a simple thing.
Transmit signal from amp to the speakers.

I use 2.5 sq mm Finolex electrical wire (lightly twisted).
It works just fine and can be procured easily and locally.
It's cheap too and does all that "speaker wire" should do.

Thicker copper the better.
2.5 sq mm is approx 13 gauge.

Cheers,
Raghu

That's why they are there! To induce you to open your wallet.

Seeing as you are a self-confessed newbie (whose mind is yet to be poisoned), here's my thoughts: The reality is that your choice of speakers and its interaction with your room will make the biggest impact on your sound quality. Focus your energies, and your budget, on these two components, first and foremost.

I am using Polycab wires. Rs.10 per meter. Sounds as good as my earlier speaker wires costing 2000 rupees. Like other fm's have mentioned, get the speaker /amplifier working in the room that you have. That makes the biggest difference. No amount of cable fiddling will give you any 'real' benefit's if you do not make the system work in the room. You have good speakers and a great receiver. Tweak the AVR to it's fullest to get the best out of it.

I see you are in Chennai. If you want, I have couple of Belden cables to spare for you to test. They are terminated with banana plugs.
Hi sir, what is the price for belden cable with out banana plugs ,

I am really not offering for sale.

You can try and check to get an idea of any change that speaker cables make.
This is one of the best cables from Belden and has still not even been broken-in.

By the way I also have the 8477 Belden (tinned OFC) which I am using in my setup which is 12awg.

Thank you sir! That’s very kind of you. I’m in Aminijikarai near Ampa sky walk, how do I contact you?

Sorry I though you were the OP :)...

The local pricing varies from 350 per meter to 450 per meter. I got it from US at 4USD per meter as it was not available at my needed length here

Sorry I though you were the OP :)...

The local pricing varies from 350 per meter to 450 per meter. I got it from US at 4USD per meter as it was not available at my needed length here
Thank you for your reply sir

Ideally it's better to keep the cable in your system and see if you like the sound of the cables and then buy it. Better is to borrow from local FMs and try before you buy.
@Less than Rs 300/ft for beginning with cables, my blind suggestion would be Kimber 4pr, it has made good world of difference in most of the systems I've seen. Try it if you can source it locally.

I am using Polycab wires. Rs.10 per meter. Sounds as good as my earlier speaker wires costing 2000 rupees
Definitely a very surprise and happy to hear statement for me sir! So a high quality wire alone didn’t make any magic in sound quality ? isn’t it?

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back