Speaker configuration advice

Michelangalo

Hi,

I feel that my center channel and surround speaker (mainly this) are overpowering. Can anyone please advice on the settings to use? I did the Audyssey thing and did few manipulations after that but not finding the sweet spot.

Here are the speaker settings in Denon AVR 2600H

Audio>Center level Adjust= -2.0db
Audio> Subwoofer= -11.5 db
Audio> Surround parameter
Cinema EQ = On
LFE = 0DB
Speaker virtualizer = on

Audio> Audyssey
MultiQ XT= Reference
Dynamic EQ= On
Dynamic volume= Medium

Speaker config-
Front - Small ( tower speaker but keeping amall as per online suggestions)
Center- small
Sub - Yes
Surround- Small
Surround back- none

Levels
Front L = -1.0 db
Center= -2.0 db
Front R = -2.0 db
Surround R= -4.0 db
Surround L = -4.5 db
Subwoofer= -11.5 db

Crossover- all speaker at 80hz

Bass-
Subwoofer mode= LFE
LPF for LFE = 100hz

Thanks!

LPF for LFE = 100hz

This is usually recommended to leave it at default setting, which would be 120Hz..

I feel that my center channel and surround speaker (mainly this) are overpowering. Can anyone please advice on the settings to use? I did the Audyssey thing and did few manipulations after that but not finding the sweet spot.

Did you tweak the distance and levels post Audyssey calibration?.. If so, it is best recommended to leave the values untouched.. except, setting the global crossover to 80Hz..

What are your room dimensions, how far are the surrounds from your listening position?.

This is usually recommended to leave it at default setting, which would be 120Hz..

Did you tweak the distance and levels post Audyssey calibration?.. If so, it is best recommended to leave the values untouched.. except, setting the global crossover to 80Hz..

What are your room dimensions, how far are the surrounds from your listening position?.

I did not tweak distances. Surrounds are 4-5 ft from listening position and fronts are around 10 -12 feet.

Room is rectangular and 18.5 ft x 12ft

Surrounds are 4-5 ft from listening position and fronts are around 10 -12 feet.

Since the surrounds are very close to LP, may be this is one of the reason you are feeling that surrounds are overpowering.. Try to reduce the surround output levels by a couple of dB in speaker levels.. Try the same for center too.. Check if this gets better..

If possible, try to move surrounds behind you listening position and calibrate it..

Back