Speaker for vintage amp

drmks82

Hello. I am a newbie here in hifi world. I got 2 vintage Sansui amplifiers from an uncle as a gift when he cleared his house and moved to a flat. Sansui A80, 65 watt per channel and Sansui 1000x ,35 watts per channel. I am planning to buy speakers for the same.
I am looking for bookshelf speakers in 25-50 k range. Please suggest something.
I have gone through reviews online and made few options.
Triangle borea 03
Wharfedale 11.2
Q acoustics 303I or concept 20
Wharfedale evo 4.1

I prefer musical sound , not too bright. My room is 15x13 feet but prefer to keep close to wall to avoid a stand.
Please suggest something taking consideration of my amplifier as well. I am planning to use only one amp now. Might expand later. I don't know which will pair best with Sansui amps.

Hi. I saw rave reviews of Wharfedale evo 4.2. If they are that good, I might try to extend my budget.

why can't you try to get vintage speaker for the Vintage Sansui. It will shine with those.. Try to get LS3/5A or any other good sensitivity speakers.

I had a look at ls3/5a. Not available anywhere. Even the available ads are too costly. Out of my range.

No use of going low budget range book shelves with those vintage amps.. Try to increase the budget to get the juice from the vintage amps.

Hello. I am a newbie here in hifi world. I got 2 vintage Sansui amplifiers from an uncle as a gift when he cleared his house and moved to a flat. Sansui A80, 65 watt per channel and Sansui 1000x ,35 watts per channel. I am planning to buy speakers for the same.
I am looking for bookshelf speakers in 25-50 k range. Please suggest something.
I have gone through reviews online and made few options.
Triangle borea 03
Wharfedale 11.2
Q acoustics 303I or concept 20
Wharfedale evo 4.1

I prefer musical sound , not too bright. My room is 15x13 feet but prefer to keep close to wall to avoid a stand.
Please suggest something taking consideration of my amplifier as well. I am planning to use only one amp now. Might expand later. I don't know which will pair best with Sansui amps.

A few recommendations for your A80..

The Q3030i is a 6ohm BS so not compatible.

Last edited:
Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back