Speaker hiss sound

• Thread starter Deleted member 38504
  • Start date
It was a faulty point. Changed the point now, so far so good mate Thanks!

Yes, I have 4 plug points. Just plugged the AVR into another one. The buzzing stopped and the hissing is now very less almost inaudible.

Yes, I have 4 plug points. Just plugged the AVR into another one. The buzzing stopped and the hissing is now very less almost inaudible.
I have always had this doubt. Wen u stick ur ears to the speakers u get a slight hiss sound correct? I had them in my Yamaha speakers nd now with the dalis as well guess it’s normal

Just an update. I put my AVR on top of my rack instead of inside the rack. So just a reposition has removed the hiss or buzz. I'm baffled.

Another thing. I haven't connected the tatasky box to the AVR. Maybe that's the culprit? I'm going to do that tomorrow and check.

Just an update. I put my AVR on top of my rack instead of inside the rack. So just a reposition has removed the hiss or buzz. I'm baffled.

Another thing. I haven't connected the tatasky box to the AVR. Maybe that's the culprit? I'm going to do that tomorrow and check.

It could be.....electrical current sometimes passes through the HDMI wire to the AVR....so be careful not to fry the AVR broad.... ;)

I also have the hiss sound. I previously had yamaha yht 229 which had the hiss noise. After upgrading to denon and Dali's the sound is still there. I dont hear it from the listening position but only when i stick my ears to the speakers. I always assumed it is normal and choose to ignore it. So is there any fault or can it be ignored?

Use a different power socket for the system and try....thats what @celester340 faced......
From the main plug i have a extension board that is connected to a v gaurd voltage stabilizer. Connected all the equipments to a belkin surge protector which is connected to the voltage stabilizer. May be i should try connecting the voltage stabilizer directly to the main plug without using a extension board. Will give them a try
Edit:
I observed one thing. I first turned the avr and did not hear any noise. When I power on the Blu Ray player the sound comes. Right now I only have the Blu Ray player connected. So when I switch source in the avr the sound disappears. So this means only when the Blu Ray player is on nd is selected as the input source the hiss noise comes. So what this means? I am confused

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi

Put the Blu Ray player in another source on the AVR and see if the same thing is happening....if yes then change the cable....if same thing then there is an issue with the player....

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back