Speaker Mesh Fabric for Grill

manujgupta

Kindly let me know where can I find Speaker Mesh Fabric/Cloth for Speaker grill in Delhi. Need it in red or brown color.

Thanks in Advance
Manuj Gupta

@keith_correa, If he follows this advice will you then ask him “choli ke peeche kya hai”?:cool:
I know "kya hai". ;) But, for sure, I would want to know if the tweeters were flush or surface mounted. :rolleyes:

Keith had suggested this earlier too, many years back. @keith_correa , did anyone follow your ususal hatke advice? :D
No clue if anyone here took my advice seriously. They probably thought I was a "kook" (which I am). Their loss!!! :p

I did it on an old pair of JVC speakers - just to see if it could be done. It's been many years since - works very well.

Attachments

• IMG_20210731_140712_2.jpg
    IMG_20210731_140712_2.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
No clue if anyone here took my advice seriously. They probably thought I was a "kook" (which I am). Their loss!!! :p

I did it on an old pair of JVC speakers - just to see if it could be done. It's been many years since - works very well.
Ha ha.

Looks super really. And the red might well be just the thing OP wants :cool:

@keith_correa 's idea is perfect. I have used my mother's tie & dye muslin dupatta to make the grills on my Enbee speakers - 4 different pieces 2 towers that stood on top of 2 passive subwoofers. The colours were a bit too trippy - and I won't go with it now, but in those days it was perfectly suited to the general mood of the room ;).

The muslin however tears pretty easily and none of the cotton based clothing is a good option, synthetic dupattas as Keith has testified, withstand the test of time and abuse.

Does anyone know more about the science behind the choice of fabric used in speaker grills?
Durability, tensile strength, acoustic properties…

When exquisitely designed and manufactured smartphones are smothered and hidden in garish, bulky and ugly covers, we need to start questioning the design philosophy of manufacturers and their understanding of customets?

So, ahem, (suckers)….first it was cables, then banana plugs, stabilisers, fuses….now it’s cholis :cool:

Does anyone know more about the science behind the choice of fabric used in speaker grills?
Durability, tensile strength, acoustic properties…
Actually only to use something to allow sound to pass plus protect the speaker cone. Aesthetics, you may say. Communication receivers used custom wire mesh. Domestic radios used special perforated cloth that also used to attract. Erstwhile two-in-ones used plastic grill. Current fabric has less threads, spread apart.

Durability, tensile strength, acoustic properties
May all these aspects important as grill will obstruct and absorb certain frequencies to certain leveks. Even frame of grill can narrow soundstage. Hence many prefer to listen after removing grills.Some tweeters(metal one,entry level speakers) may be little harsh sounding where grills can be helpful.

I know "kya hai". ;)
A bit old thread...might still help. I had used black synthetic blouse cloth on a pair of speakers more than 15 years back. They have been great from all aspects discussed here...colour, strength, acoustic performance etc. The only issue they have is effect of humidity on the tautness of the fabric. They become a bit loose at higher humidity and tighten up when dry. Initially, I was surprised, considering the fabric was synthetic. Please check this aspect when selecting a fabric.

I know "kya hai". ;) But, for sure, I would want to know if the tweeters were flush or surface mounted. :rolleyes:

So, ahem, (suckers)….first it was cables, then banana plugs, stabilisers, fuses….now it’s cholis :cool:
One more Sir- Stockings/Leggings.
Available in skin colours too.

Attachments

• images (2).jpeg
    images (2).jpeg
    4.3 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back