Speaker stand height and dimensions

msankadi

Hi i have been trying to find the dimensions of the nexus stand but unable to find the height of the stand on either hifimart or their own website...

Can someone who owns it or familiar it with can share the dimensions... I am planning to buy some furniture from pepperfry to use instead of these stands and want to know the dimensions for that reason, especially the height

Plan for a stand that puts the tweeter at ear level when seated.
I have an SF stand, don't know the model. It is about 24" height.
The column (single) is about 22"

Cheers,
Raghu

Last edited:
This looks good, but you may end up paying more than a proper speaker stand if you buy two of them.
SF stands are customisable if you wanted, call Ali @+919892585152 he will help you.

This looks good, but you may end up paying more than a proper speaker stand if you buy two of them.
SF stands are customisable if you wanted, call Ali @+919892585152 he will help you.
I have an offer on pepperfry due to my diners card plus I can use these for other use cases if and when I upgrade in the future... Plus it will be more wife friendly to ask her to choose what sort of finish etc she wants... That is why leaning towards these even if they cost same or slightly more

Hi,
As @Raghu has pointed out it’s good to plan the height of your stand. Calculating from
1. Your ear level at your listening position.
2. Height of the centre of the tweeter from the base. (Of your bookshelf speaker)
And then calculate the required height of the stand (spikes to top plate) so that the centre of the tweeter and your ear are at same level.

@premoddev has mentioned that Ali (very helpful) can customise (hopefully the height). I bought the (standard height) Monitor Gold from SF a few years ago and I did not think of this. I wish the stands were a bit shorter by 3”. I am tilting them (back to front) a bit to compensate. But …meh

A thought: if Ali is reading this: include some guidance on this for future buyers.

Thanks would something like this be good

Buy Jefferson End Table in Warm Finish by Durian Online - Contemporary End Tables - Tables - Furniture - Pepperfry Product at ₹ 6,370 https://www.pepperfry.com/jefferson-end-table-in-warm-finish-by-durian-1683784.html via @Pepperfry
Will not advice buying this. For one, the weight distribution will be uneven from what I can view from the picture.
Not sure about sturdy as this is assembly type and will mostly be weighed down by screws.

Hi,
As @Raghu has pointed out it’s good to plan the height of your stand. Calculating from
1. Your ear level at your listening position.
2. Height of the centre of the tweeter from the base. (Of your bookshelf speaker)
And then calculate the required height of the stand (spikes to top plate) so that the centre of the tweeter and your ear are at same level.

@premoddev has mentioned that Ali (very helpful) can customise (hopefully the height). I bought the (standard height) Monitor Gold from SF a few years ago and I did not think of this. I wish the stands were a bit shorter by 3”. I am tilting them (back to front) a bit to compensate. But …meho

A thought: if Ali is reading this: include some guidance on this for future buyers.
Thanks a lot for all inputs... What will be the drawback of getting a solid wood stand compared to the "dedicated speaker stand"? Assuming that the solid wood one is sturdy and we'll built too

Will not advice buying this. For one, the weight distribution will be uneven from what I can view from the picture.
Not sure about sturdy as this is assembly type and will mostly be weighed down by screws.
There are other options as well, given it is solid wood I don't think sturdiness will be an issue for light speakers which are just 15 20 kg

Buy Can End Table In Walnut Finish By Home Centre Online - Contemporary End Tables - Tables - Furniture - Pepperfry Product at ₹ 8,925 https://www.pepperfry.com/can-end-table-in-walnut-finish-by-home-centre-1898807.html via @Pepperfry

I would recommend going for a 'proper' speaker stand which is stable, rests your speaker at appropriate height (Tweeter being at your ear level) and most importantly, isolates your speaker from the ground and vibrations. The last part is critical to getting the best performance out of your speakers.

As mentioned above in a post, speaker stand also lets you adjust the height a bit and can compensate for uneven floor.

Also check with your speaker manufacturer for the recommended height of the stand.

I have a Joseph Audio Pulsar 2 and as per the manufacturer, any stand longer than 24inch will have negative impact on the bass performance.

Thnx

There are other options as well, given it is solid wood I don't think sturdiness will be an issue for light speakers which are just 15 20 kg

Buy Can End Table In Walnut Finish By Home Centre Online - Contemporary End Tables - Tables - Furniture - Pepperfry Product at ₹ 8,925 https://www.pepperfry.com/can-end-table-in-walnut-finish-by-home-centre-1898807.html via @Pepperfry
very poor choices. Bookshelves need proper stand for performance, especially in the bass region.
Go with acclaimed ones as an one-time investment or take the DIY route.

@msankadi
I would not go with either of the pepprfry stands.
The first one (Jeffereson) will probably not anchor down properly. Center of gravity issue.
The second one has a box underneath. Bass will become boomy.
Would suggest SF as a ready made solution, if budget permits.

If getting stands custom made the options are:
1. Metal
Top plate 6mm thickness; LxB = 1/2" less than the speaker footprint
Bottom plate 6mm thickness; LxB can be a bit larger than top plate
Column 3 in hollow (sand fill capable)
Spikes (3 or 4) for leveling; 3 is easier for quick leveling (like tripod)

2. Wood (heavy woods like honne, walnut, wenge, cherry, etc)
Top plank 12-18 mm thickness; LxB = 1/2" less than the speaker footprint
Bottom plank 12-18 mm thickness; LxB can be a bit larger than top plank
Columns min 3 in triangle formation; at least 2x2 inch
Spikes 3; one next to each column

You may combine wood and metal, by choosing top and bottom to be wood.
Use spacers/gel pads between top plate and speaker bottom to avoid scratches.

Cheers,
Raghu

@msankadi
I would not go with either of the pepprfry stands.
The first one (Jeffereson) will probably not anchor down properly. Center of gravity issue.
The second one has a box underneath. Bass will become boomy.
Would suggest SF as a ready made solution, if budget permits.

If getting stands custom made the options are:
1. Metal
Top plate 6mm thickness; LxB = 1/2" less than the speaker footprint
Bottom plate 6mm thickness; LxB can be a bit larger than top plate
Column 3 in hollow (sand fill capable)
Spikes (3 or 4) for leveling; 3 is easier for quick leveling (like tripod)

2. Wood (heavy woods like honne, walnut, wenge, cherry, etc)
Top plank 12-18 mm thickness; LxB = 1/2" less than the speaker footprint
Bottom plank 12-18 mm thickness; LxB can be a bit larger than top plank
Columns min 3 in triangle formation; at least 2x2 inch
Spikes 3; one next to each column

You may combine wood and metal, by choosing top and bottom to be wood.
Use spacers/gel pads between top plate and speaker bottom to avoid scratches.

Cheers,
Raghu
Thank you everyone for your inputs. Based on the advice I will go ahead with the proper speaker stands

:D I just calculated the height, my listening height is around 46-48 inch from sitting position, will calculate the height of stand needed for Q3020i

Oh. You don't have the speakers yet? Then wait till it comes home.
Use a pair of identical stools (those plastic ones that are always around)
Stack some books and try various height settings with placement options.
Cheers,
Raghu

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back