speaker stands

the speaker stands
it seems as it is a 1 foot diameter block of teak.(2.5- 3 feet)
what is it exactly
Also i cant see any spikes here

the speaker stands
it seems as it is a 1 foot diameter block of teak.(2.5- 3 feet)
what is it exactly
Also i cant see any spikes here

Close. 15" very slightly oblong dia, Sal tree logs each weighing 78 kgs. (Yes I lugged it into the boot of a car and up a flight of stairs :D)

I will be making an M.S plate with three welded threaded rods, to which I will attach height adjustable spikes later this month. Also a round glass plate with rubber suction centre fitting for the tops, as the surface is not properly horizontal as I did a "less than great" job when using grinder for polishing the tops the first time

Cheers

Close. 15" very slightly oblong dia, Sal tree logs each weighing 78 kgs. (Yes I lugged it into the boot of a car and up a flight of stairs :D)

I will be making an M.S plate with three welded threaded rods, to which I will attach height adjustable spikes later this month. Also a round glass plate with rubber suction centre fitting for the tops, as the surface is not properly horizontal as I did a "less than great" job when using grinder for polishing the tops the first time

Cheers

you lugged a 15inch 78 kg piece of wood by yourself! :eek:
(p.S are you sure its 78kg thats pretty heavy for a 3 foot long pc of wood)

where did you get this log ? how much did you pay for it.
I was thinking about making a similar stand only rectangular beam to be used

you lugged a 15inch 78 kg piece of wood by yourself! :eek:
(p.S are you sure its 78kg thats pretty heavy for a 3 foot long pc of wood)

where did you get this log ? how much did you pay for it.
I was thinking about making a similar stand only rectangular beam to be used

Yes, I weighed it at the timber yard itself. Its 2 feet not even 3!! I am not Shaktimaan ... :eek: It took three of us with the aid of 10mtr 1" thick soft cotton rope wrapped around it. So you can say I exaggerated! :D

I paid an exorbitant amount of rupees 5400/- for the pair. The price of teak ranges from 1200 - 2800 per cubic foot and this is not even teak it is Sal. I paid @1200/Cft. Not sure about the Sal prices though they must be lesser. Ideally @600-1200 per cubic foot the reasonable cost should have been upto 4000.00 - if you visit a few timber yards please post me the price of Sal. I was in a hurry and did not check @multiple locations. They have ready made conversion tables and a method of converting the log diameter and length to a number reading, times cost per Cft. If you hang around a few timber yards some waste material may be available to shape into a square block for a thousand or more I guess. They have the heavy machines needed, so do major cutting there for the same cost instead of running around elsewhere to cut it. You can shape it elsewhere.

The teak is all from Burma, Australia, Indonesia btw or so the foreman claimed to assuage my very visible sense of guilt at seeing all the beautiful tree trunks ruthlessly chopped down. Burma is next door really. Either ways there is a carbon cost to manufacturing everything - even steel and glass, and so with an effort I overcame my own moral disenchantment and picked them up.

Considering the weight of the 2 feet log, even a 8 inch square by 2 foot long should weight 20kgs or so. Good to go!

Cheers

Last edited:
Audio Rack for sale Brand New Custom bulid
Big size
Built with 8cm black colour powder coated metal frame and 12 mm glass with five partition
size H 113.5 x W 65 x D 57 cm
Rs.18500/- + shipping

Small Size
Built with black colour powder coated 4.5cm metal frame and 12 mm glass with five partition
size H 102.5 x W 61 x D 51 cm
Rate Rs.12500/- + shipping

speaker stand competency holding to the loudspeaker in upright and rigid manner like the qutab minar, but you are telling the excellency ofcompetency of the audio rack aforementioned by your goodself to be 12 mm glass into 8cm steel by the holding of the cd player shooting the audio excitatory passages into the other excellency of equipments.

in the said manner disturbance is occuring whether the excellency of the audio rack is putting the loudspeaker on top so that the excellency of cd player shooting the audio passage can be put atop onto the speaker stands during excitatory passage?

we aare request for the immediate alleviation of the elevation of the ordinary mmebvrs mind residing into this forum by your goodself

crest
seems to have posted/advertised AV racks in speaker stands threads

i hope crest knows the requirements and build materials used in either of the two pcs of furniture are differnet and have a specific purpose

i hope you know that a frame of hollow MS ( i.e the 1/3 inch square pipes) you have used in the AV rack coupled with glass does not make an ideal rack let alone a stand for speakers.

Interesting debate :)

How about the best of both worlds - quality stands at DIY prices? I have a pair of imported Norstone stands available at a VFM price... anyone seriously in the market can ping me.

The stands should perform well with any standard sized standmount speaker make.

regards
Persiflage

Hi Pesiflage,

I am interested in a pair for my Onkyo HT3300, can you please let me know that models that you've got and the prices (delivery @ Hyderabad).

Regards,
Venkat

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back