Speaker suggestion for Yamaha RX-V 685

No need for 12guage speaker wire...14guage is more than enough (buy 2 x 50ft). But do estimate the total length required.

I wouldn't get the monoprice banana plug. I had similar one and the wire tends to come out of the plug, if we accidently pulled the wire as the speaker wire is not screwed to the plug. Currently, i am using nakamichi and have no issues.

Other 2 looks okay for start. What is your purpose for rca wire?

I have measured and I would need 85 feet including bi wiring for the front speakers. I'll have a look at the nakamichi plugs.
Rca is for the subwoofer.

The AVR will be hooked to samsung led 55 inch (the frame tv 2019) which is hdr capable.

Guys I’ve finalised the Polk speakers with 2600h.
I am going with following cables

Monoprice 6ft 2 RCA Plug/2 RCA Plug M/M 22AWG Cable - Black

Monoprice 109436 Closed Screw Type Copper Speaker Banana Plugs

AmazonBasics 12-Gauge Speaker Wire - 99.9% Oxygen Free Copper - 100 Feet

DHIVIS Ultra HDMI 2.1– 2 Meters, Speed 48Gbps- 4K (4096 x 2160) 120hz

will these be ok for the setup, don’t want anything too expensive. Also If am not wrong will I be able to bi wire the S50s using the back surround channels of the Denon 2600H??
12 guage won't be needed unless the distance between speakers and avr is more than 100 feet. If its under 50 feet, 16 guage will be sufficient.
For speakers, polk s50 is a good choice but what i have heard from few users there is not much difference between s50 and s20. So, would suggest you to either go with s20 or s55.
Also, from my experience , if your main motive is movie watching and you are tight on budget, then it makes sense spending more on a good sub rather than on hi end speakers. A good sub like svs pb1000 or bic pl200/polk hts12 will make a hell lot of difference in movie watching experience. You will get that rumbling and thunderous feel with tight bass that you will enjoy.
For avr, denon 2600 is a good choice.

I have measured and I would need 85 feet including bi wiring for the front speakers. I'll have a look at the nakamichi plugs.
Rca is for the subwoofer.

The AVR will be hooked to samsung led 55 inch (the frame tv 2019) which is hdr capable.
I don't want to open a can of worms here, but bi-wiring dosent do anything to sound. I would suggest sticking to single wiring first and then later experiment when you are well aware of your system. Or did you meant bi amping. Still i would suggest to get your basic setup running first and get to know your system fully and then try experimenting.

Cheers
Siju

I don't want to open a can of worms here, but bi-wiring dosent do anything to sound. I would suggest sticking to single wiring first and then later experiment when you are well aware of your system. Or did you meant bi amping. Still i would suggest to get your basic setup running first and get to know your system fully and then try experimenting.

Cheers
Siju

yeah I’m talking about bi amping from the same receivers’ back surround channel. I have read a lot about Polk s50s benefitting from bi amping and that S50 sound entirely different speakers when powered close to 125w so I would like to try that. Of course I’ll setup the system normally first and then see if it makes any difference. Could someone confirm the monoprice rca cable mentioned above to be ok for LFE connection for Polk dsw 440 subs.

Last edited:
The monoprice rca cable will work, however you will require only one channel (either red or white). There are specific subwoofer cable also available, which has typically more shielding.

12 guage won't be needed unless the distance between speakers and avr is more than 100 feet. If its under 50 feet, 16 guage will be sufficient.
For speakers, polk s50 is a good choice but what i have heard from few users there is not much difference between s50 and s20. So, would suggest you to either go with s20 or s55.
Also, from my experience , if your main motive is movie watching and you are tight on budget, then it makes sense spending more on a good sub rather than on hi end speakers. A good sub like svs pb1000 or bic pl200/polk hts12 will make a hell lot of difference in movie watching experience. You will get that rumbling and thunderous feel with tight bass that you will enjoy.
For avr, denon 2600 is a good choice.

even if there’s no difference between s50 and s20 I prefer floorstanders due to placement issues with bookshelves. About the sub SVS is way to expensive for my liking but I have heard Polk DSW 440 and found them sufficient for my liking. To be honest I don’t have any budget constraints but I dont want to spend beyond 150k for casual living room audio system.I have already crossed the 170k mark withe cables and stuff.Anyhow speakers and sub have been ordered now and I won’t be able to change any of them.

The monoprice rca cable will work, however you will require only one channel (either red or white). There are specific subwoofer cable also available, which has typically more shielding.

suggest me something that’s available online here in India

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back