Speaker suggestions for desktop - budget 10K - Swans M10/Logitech Z625/Edifier XM6BT

aadi007

All,

I am kind of re-arranging my study/office place at home.
I am planning buy a 2.1 or 2.0 speakers. This will be used for music and movies both, more for music though.
Additionally, I want to be able to connect to these speakers through bluetooth from my smartphone.
I have an inclination towards 2.1 setup as the 2.0 setup in this price range will be lacking in bass and the sound is not 'full' enough but if there are 2.0 speakers within my range with a good enough low range, I am open to it.
My room size is 140 sft and I will be listening both from the study table or away.
I like normal balanced sound slightly warm, not a bass head and neither can I stand too harsh sound

I have shortlisted a few with my budget of 10K
- Logitech Z623/625, price 8.2K - Logitech Z625 These are very highly regarded and very powerful. Looks to me that this will be more powerful than what I need. Also, I need to buy a Logitech bluetooth receiver
- Swans M10 - 7.5K - Swans M10 black -these are againly highly regarded but seems very small to me. Also, it seems the 'subwoofer' (can't really be called a sub) have to be placed on the table for good experience which will be a problem for me apart from spoiling the asthetics
- Edifier XM6BT - 6K- Bluetooth enabled 2.1 system with 48W RMS. Seems good enough to me Edifier XM6BT
- Edifier e10BT- 7K - looks super sexy but I wonder if these will sound tinny without any proper woofer.Edifier E10

----------
I am leaning towards Edifier XM6BT, has all the features I need, decently powerful and costs only 6K.
Otherwise, I can go for the logitech Z623 and buy a Bluetooth receiver which should fit just within my budget of 10K

Let me know what you think. Feel free to suggest any other speaker as well.

Edifier XM6BT would suit your need well. Logitech Z625 also is good, but its more focused on base, If you are not a bass head you can save some money.

PLanning to go for the XM6BT from edifier. Not many options in this price range with the features I am looking for. Logitech Z623/625 will be overkill for my needs and I need to purchase bluetooth adapter separately

PLanning to go for the XM6BT from edifier. Not many options in this price range with the features I am looking for. Logitech Z623/625 will be overkill for my needs and I need to purchase bluetooth adapter separately

Buy a topping Amp a used one and a good Bookshelf speaker, nothing can beat the combination, the Swans M10 has good reviews but it did not satisfy me as it sounded like a multimedia speaker, so I sold it, also when I listened to XM6BT it has a kind of Tiss Tiss Boom boom sound , some may like it but if you have well trained ears or have experienced sound from amplifiers like marantz or NAD with a pair of Bookshelf speakers like Wharfedale or Dali then you surely might dislike it to the core.

I currently do have a Marantz AVR and Monitor Audio bookshelf speakers for my home theater setup.
This is just for my study and I do not have the space or budget to go for an elaborate setup.

Since you have listened to XM6BT, can you provide little more details?
What's your opinion about the Logitect Z623?

Try auditioning Panasonic ht20 or ht21 in a reliance digital or Croma. It comes with aux in, usb and Bluetooth. In that price range I really like this unit.

MaSh

Being used to a Marantz / Monitor Audio primary setup, most entry level speakers would disappoint you. Please have a look at Creative Gigaworks T20 / T40 speakers, they are around your budget. I dont think they have bluetooth, so you will have to get a bluetooth adapter / chromecast to stream from phone.

There is lightning deal going on at Amazon.in where you can buy Edifier XM6BT for Rs.4,422.

The edifier was in my possession. Just gave it away last weekend. The member above mentioning tiss tiss boom is absolutely correct. The tweeter is mylar, and a little sharp. As long as you don't eq the treble up via foobar or whatever your source is, it's just fine. It's a rehash of the x600 which I had back in the day, with an upgraded circuit. They are pushing more wattage out of the tweeters than ever before. I would open it up and line the woofer with some polyfill. The construction bears logitech any day. Logitech will give you more engaging sound for movies or TV soaps, even games. Positional audio on the edifier will be sensationally better if using at a short distance from yourself. I would keep the bass at 60% max due to high distortion, and PC output to 80% for music, 100% for movie.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back