Speaker suggestions

siddhu5692

Hai frnds. This is siddharth frm tamilnadu.. After a gap of nearly 1 year I am back to our site. Through the suggestions from our fellow frnds I bought and using marantz nr1506 with polk rti a3 bookshelfs for last 1year. I am really impressed with its sound quality.. Now I decided to upgrade. For that I need buy a sub or I may go for tower speakers. Fingers crossed.. Suggest me frnds. Thanks in advance..

music or movies would suggest a good sub with avr. There are no of good subs available, depending on your budget you could go with one.

I would strongly recommend you to going in for Front Towers and use your existing book shelves as surrounds. You can assign subwoofer as NO in your AVR so that the LFE is directed to your Towers which can handle Low frequencies too. May be yes the towers will not be able to go as deep as a sub. Still you can live with it for a while. Whereas a sub will never be able to do the Towers job.

The next item in your chain should be Centre then finally decide for the sub which will complement your towers wich is easier to do.

Incase you buy some sub now and later to finalise a towers to complement the sub will be a tough task. Also try and finalise the best suited towers for you Since these are the ones which will travel with you for long.

R. Balagopalan

I would strongly recommend you to going in for Front Towers and use your existing book shelves as surrounds. You can assign subwoofer as NO in your AVR so that the LFE is directed to your Towers which can handle Low frequencies too. May be yes the towers will not be able to go as deep as a sub. Still you can live with it for a while. Whereas a sub will never be able to do the Towers job.

The next item in your chain should be Centre then finally decide for the sub which will complement your towers wich is easier to do.

Incase you buy some sub now and later to finalise a towers to complement the sub will be a tough task. Also try and finalise the best suited towers for you Since these are the ones which will travel with you for long.

R. Balagopalan
Suggest some towers which blends well marantz nr1506

You can assign subwoofer as NO in your AVR so that the LFE is directed to your Towers which can handle Low frequencies too.

This is fine if the user already had towers.. But the OP has BS and undecided on the upgrade if sub/ FS would help..

May be yes the towers will not be able to go as deep as a sub.

Precisely why a sub is needed..

Whereas a sub will never be able to do the Towers job.

Sub was designed to reproduce only low freq..

Incase you buy some sub now and later to finalise a towers to complement the sub will be a tough task.

Why would it be a tough task?..

Subwoofer will not improve sound quality , it will just add the low end but floor standing speakers will not only add low end but also improve the overall sound quality. Sound stage will be bigger than BS and center image will be more focus.

Subwoofer will not improve sound quality , it will just add the low end but floor standing speakers will not only add low end but also improve the overall sound quality. Sound stage will be bigger than BS and center image will be more focus.

+1 agreed if its music you should definitely go for tower.

also try to find bi amp capable tower so you can give them more power.

Hai frnds. This is siddharth frm tamilnadu.. After a gap of nearly 1 year I am back to our site. Through the suggestions from our fellow frnds I bought and using marantz nr1506 with polk rti a3 bookshelfs for last 1year. I am really impressed with its sound quality.. Now I decided to upgrade. For that I need buy a sub or I may go for tower speakers. Fingers crossed.. Suggest me frnds. Thanks in advance..

Lovely combination of Marantz and Polk. Towers are not going to add anything spectacular to the setup as such. However, adding a Sub will give you a nice low end and at the same time take the load off, of the receiver and the speakers, making them sound clearer. A combination of Bookshelf + Sub is any day more flexible and easy to setup for better sound than just a pair of towers.

My vote goes to a Sub for a nice 2.1 setup.

MaSh

If you like the over all tonality of these speakers , i would stay get the sub. Buying new speakers will change the sound signature of your system which could be a good thing. Or a mega regret.

Certainly subwoofer may share the load from mains and ease the amplifier for remaining audio spectrum which may overall improve the sound clearity at the same time add flexibility in placement but still can't match the sound signature of floor standing speakers. If you have an entry level amplifier than its better to add subwoofer as floor standing speakers will demand more power to perform well. Also they require sufficient space to breathe. Overall space and amplifier power availability is crucial factor while decoding between Sub+bookshelf vs floor standing speaker. Frequency tuning and power matching are one of the critical factor while using Sub+bookshelf else subwoofer over power the rest of the audio spectrum.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back