Speakers Comparison

nivedhya

1) Dali - Oberon 1 BS with vokal
2) XTZ - 95.24 BS with 95.33 center
3) Wharfedale - Evo 4.C with Evo 4.2 or Evo 4.1

Specs of course I know. But in performance I wish to have your opinion especially more towards Music oriented. Cost comparison I know not required but for your suggestion if spent to that extent will it be worth I like to know.

Please share the electronics planned for using in the chain, also the room dimensions, so our fellow members can guide you well.

Already having and using Denon AVR X1000 with recently upgraded Mission 200 dual subs. All 5 's are Sony. Room size 10' X 28 'After upgrade front BS Sony will be shifted as surrounds replacing existing surround Sony Satellites
'

Specs of course I know. But in performance I wish to have your opinion especially more towards Music oriented. Cost comparison I know not required but for your suggestion if spent to that extent will it be worth I like to know.
I have not heard the XTZ & Wharfedales, but have Oberon 1 & vokal. They are very good for the money & small size especially for vocals. Am using a Marantz avr with them. But your room size appears big unless if you are sitting across horizontally rather than at the end of the full length of your room. You will definitely need a subwoofer with these small bookshelves. Other option is to go for bigger bookshelves like the Oberon 3 or Evo 4.3.
Another speaker which has been well received & VFM from the forum users is the Mission QX2 available in Hifimart.
All the best in your search.

The evo 4.2 isnt great for home theater. Its a bit soft and not very dynamic. For mysic, it really depends on what you listen to. Its good for classical and jazz but not great for rock, electronic or pop. For the price they are currently going for, they ain’t worth it in my opinion unless you’ve heard them and prefer their presentation over everything else in the price range.

the mission qx2 is the sub 1L champ in my books and you’ll have to spend over that amount to substantially better it.

I have not heard the XTZ & Wharfedales, but have Oberon 1 & vokal. They are very good for the money & small size especially for vocals. Am using a Marantz avr with them. But your room size appears big unless if you are sitting across horizontally rather than at the end of the full length of your room. You will definitely need a subwoofer with these small bookshelves. Other option is to go for bigger bookshelves like the Oberon 3 or Evo 4.3.
Another speaker which has been well received & VFM from the forum users is the Mission QX2 available in Hifimart.
All the best in your search.

I had the FS XTZ 95.44, they are fairly easy to drive and sound very true to the source. They are neutral speakers and should do fine for music & movies alike. I have had a very small demo with Dali Spektor and did not like it a lot. A FM has been using the XTZ for media & music and was also quiet happy with the setup

I had the FS XTZ 95.44, they are fairly easy to drive and sound very true to the source. They are neutral speakers and should do fine for music & movies alike. I have had a very small demo with Dali Spektor and did not like it a lot. A FM has been using the XTZ for media & music and was also quiet happy with the setup
Apparently from what I have read the Oberon series is more refined & softer(with grills on) as compared with the Spektor & Zensor(which I have not heard). As from my personal experience, the vocals from the Oberon sound good. My genre is country songs & few pop songs & it does justice to them.

Apparently from what I have read the Oberon series is more refined & softer(with grills on) as compared with the Spektor & Zensor(which I have not heard). As from my personal experience, the vocals from the Oberon sound good. My genre is country songs & few pop songs & it does justice to them.

True, the Spektor were a little bright to my liking but then it was played out of a Yamaha VX-585 using musicast and the pairing might not have been ideal. Even I have read that Oberon series is much smoother and refined.

Oberon are overall good, but midrange clarity even without grills falls little short. Opticons have very good mids, but warmth of Oberon missing.

The evo 4.2 isnt great for home theater. Its a bit soft and not very dynamic. For mysic, it really depends on what you listen to. Its good for classical and jazz but not great for rock, electronic or pop. For the price they are currently going for, they ain’t worth it in my opinion unless you’ve heard them and prefer their presentation over everything else in the price range.

the mission qx2 is the sub 1L champ in my books and you’ll have to spend over that amount to substantially better it.
I concur about the selective performance of Evo's as I have the Wharf 11.4 FS and they excel in the same lines of said genres.

Don't laugh but I suggest
JBL A170 and A125C. Please see the stereophile review of A170.
Glad you mentioned it cause I read recently quite a bit about A190 as I am in the market to upgrade my FS. However in the same price point we have Fyne Audio F302 which is an award winning model.
Based on this discussion thread I am omitting the option of Dali as it seems that you need a very good amp to drive them properly.
I wish I could audition A190. Waiting for F302 audition soon.

Glad you mentioned it cause I read recently quite a bit about A190 as I am in the market to upgrade my FS. However in the same price point we have Fyne Audio F302 which is an award winning model.
Based on this discussion thread I am omitting the option of Dali as it seems that you need a very good amp to drive them properly.
I wish I could audition A190. Waiting for F302 audition soon.
Quite sure the A190 demo is easy. Hear both in various combinations with a selection of familiar tracks. Do not underestimate the role of accessories and cables. Best luck in your purchasing.

Quite sure the A190 demo is easy. Hear both in various combinations with a selection of familiar tracks. Do not underestimate the role of accessories and cables. Best luck in your purchasing.
Thanks.
The place didn't have JBL but auditioned F302. Then next up was Dali spektor 6 and it was quite a bit of an improvement over Fyne audio. Then heard the Dali opticon 8 and it was wayyyy better than the previous 2.
Then the big boy of the room was Fyne Audio F703 and what can I say..never heard as beautiful anything before.
Anyways I didn't like F302 and Spektor that much especially after listening to Opticon 8.
However that's way out of my league.
So still to find the one.

Thanks.
The place didn't have JBL but auditioned F302. Then next up was Dali spektor 6 and it was quite a bit of an improvement over Fyne audio. Then heard the Dali opticon 8 and it was wayyyy better than the previous 2.
Then the big boy of the room was Fyne Audio F703 and what can I say..never heard as beautiful anything before.
Anyways I didn't like F302 and Spektor that much especially after listening to Opticon 8.
However that's way out of my league.
So still to find the one.
Dali Option has dedicated midrange . Option 8 and F703, both has large woofer which certainly outputting fuller and dynamic sound.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back